Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 am

odom1year wrote:
noobiew wrote:Pau: "Hey ! I need more post play !"

Result: 2-9 FG today :mhihi:

Reason: Someone took 28 shots and turned the ball over 10 times.

You writing the word "reason" is hilariously ironic.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am

his contract is huge and with the way hes been playing hes pretty much guaranteed we wouldnt find any takers for him
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

Hes basically Lamar now from 09 to 10. I called this earlier in the season you just hope he gives you 10 rebs and minimizes his mistakes. Hes no longer a top 2 player on this team, 3rd or some nights, 4th on the others with the way MWP is playing

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

bystander wrote:Still, love the new Lamar role Pau has now in CL. He has been the escapegoat every loss which is completely understandable since he's been extremely awful since the season started. I can't believe we're paying this guy 19M a year. Few starters in the league play worse D, and I don't remember the last time a 7 footer looked so non-threatening in the paint, getting blocked constantly and shooting a very low percentage. It's funny how he's reportedly been working on his mid-range J since before training camp but just hitting a low percentage from there, even they are WIDE open.
I don't think we can point out to his health due to the fact that he's been sucking the big one since the 2011 playoffs, also indifferently of the coach or system. This guy seriously needs to go.

FIXED.
Last edited by Finwë on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

I used to love pau when he came, then there was the frustration with his play in recent postseasons, and now I just feel sorry for him. I'm past the point of hate, and to the point of pity. He clearly can't be the player he once was, no matter how hard he tries. And that has happened to almost every great big that played in the nba. It happens. People just need to stop denying it. We have to trade pau before its too late, if it isn't already.
King of Clutch

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

The Rock wrote:Hes basically Lamar now from 09 to 10. I called this earlier in the season you just hope he gives you 10 rebs and minimizes his mistakes. Hes no longer a top 2 player on this team, 3rd or some nights, 4th on the others with the way MWP is playing

Difference was Lamar was on a relatively cap friendly contract. Pau is getting paid superstar money and he is playing like a role player.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

The Rock wrote:Hes basically Lamar now from 09 to 10. I called this earlier in the season you just hope he gives you 10 rebs and minimizes his mistakes. Hes no longer a top 2 player on this team, 3rd or some nights, 4th on the others with the way MWP is playing

09 and 10 Lamar was way better than the current Pau .. wtf
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 am

Finwë wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:Please trade Paula (but not for Amare).

hell even i'm starting to come around to the amare idea. you have no idea how sad that makes me.

After what we've seen so far from this guy, I don't blame you. It's perfectly reasonable to start wondering "Amare couldn't be any worse than this". My main gripe with that trade right now is that he's not healthy.

NY has a ton of depth, they can stand to throw in a couple nice pieces. Even with Pau's value in the toilet, it's better than an injured Amare's. JR, Novak, Brewer, Shump.. Give us any 2 of them & take Duhon or Blake + Ebanks. Getting out from under Amare's contract & giving Melo a pass 1st 2nd option seems like too much for the Knicks to pass up over losing a little depth. Pau would make them favorites in the East imo.
lakersin4

Postby venky on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am

lmao. I can't believe we could have gotten Dragic, Scola and Martin for this bum.
venky

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

And I would make that amare deal in a heartbeat. If they can make the money work. I'm sorry but a healthy amare > current pau any day of the week...
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

Balance&Options24 wrote:Pau shows up the one day his name comes up in trade bait, relaxes when the LA Times says he's not going nowhere.

I think its time to take away, his starting role, 4th qt crunch time mins if hes going to remain on the roster.

His bad heavily outweighs his good.
King of Clutch

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 am

Remember when giving up Odom and Pau was "too much" for CP3? :man12:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 am

King of Clutch wrote:And I would make that amare deal in a heartbeat. If they can make the money work. I'm sorry but a healthy amare > current pau any day of the week...

Certainly no to Amare, the dude can't stayed healthy either.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 am

42% from the field this year. 2/9 tonight. Just wow. Hes not even taking that many contested shots so I dont get this

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 am

The Rock wrote:42% from the field this year. 2/9 tonight. Just wow. Hes not even taking that many contested shots so I dont get this
He only "missed" 2 of them. The other 5 were blocked. :man11:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Aonex on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 am

Pau was playing great as recently as this summer. They really should just shut him down for a couple of weeks as he's obviously hindered by his lack of mobility. He should also work on his perimeter shot more now that he's getting older and not as effective as he thinks he is in the post.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am

Pau has to step up NOW. dude got blocked 5 times out of his 9 shots. thats embarrassing as a 7 footer. hes needs to go up strong, no fadeaways, hope for foul calls, and shoot without hesitation.

that last pass to dwight in the post for the dunk was nice, but he hesitated on a wide open jumper and that pass was VERY close to being a turnover...like a centimeter.

HOW does pau ball it up for Spain and then just sucks here. i dont get it. hes super aggressive there and not at all here.
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am

Time's over in LA. Just cashing checks, right now.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 am

noobiew wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:And I would make that amare deal in a heartbeat. If they can make the money work. I'm sorry but a healthy amare > current pau any day of the week...

Certainly no to Amare, the dude can't stayed healthy either.

well i'll just disagree then. Amare certainly can put up better numbers than 13.4 ppg, 9.1 rpg, on 43% shooting and 12.4 field goal attempts. So don't even use him having less shots as an issue. Dwights only taking 10.9 shots per game, and is getting 18ppg from it. WAKE UP PPL!!!
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 am

Amare for pau in a HEARTBEAT. Its just a testament to where pau's talent is at right now. I don't think atl makes the pau deal. lol that ship has sailed people. If things keep going the way they are, calderon and barngani for pau would be highway robbery. lol
King of Clutch

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am

hes not going anywhere but someone needs to light a fire under him. hes got to get going early and i think thats something Dantoni needs to do. whenever he gets a few buckets early he plays well and is engaged the whole game.

thats a solid game plan. kobe and dwight will get theres. i think we need to get pau and mwp going early and the rest will fall into place. force feed pau at the beginning imo
Ariza3

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am

Bag of potatoes would be an improvement over Pau right now.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am

gota trade him, if a better option comes, no need to worry bout 2014 plan at this point, dude just a waste of space
khmrP

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am

I was always saying to myself "just wait and see how Pau does once Nash comes back, and if he's still performing like this, he's GONE".

Honestly with these consistent horrid performances from Pau, I'm almost certain that Mitch, Jim and co. are starting to make some calls...that is if they haven't already started to make calls.
NeeJee

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am

NeeJee wrote:I was always saying to myself "just wait and see how Pau does once Nash comes back, and if he's still performing like this, he's GONE".

Honestly with these consistent horrid performances from Pau, I'm almost certain that Mitch, Jim and co. are starting to make some calls...that is if they haven't already started to make calls.

this. still think nash will make him better...im hoping
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion