Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: full workout / may practice soon (323)

Postby Elle on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

I'm glad to hear he's doing better, he's been missed!
Elle

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 am

Great. Right on track. It's definitely encouraging news...
dwighthowardsdad

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Cleared for running drills (320)

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 am

Doc Brown wrote:
When Gasol might return
March, 13, 2013
MAR 13
9:13
AM ET
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND1COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
Pau Gasol is getting closer to a return to the active roster as he went through a full workout on Tuesday. He has been out for the last five weeks recovering from a torn plantar fascia in his right foot.

"He’s starting to run now and he feels pretty good," Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "So, I think every day without setbacks, without getting sore, he’ll just up it."

There is a chance Gasol will practice in the next seven days and he might be available soon after that if he doesn't suffer any setbacks.

That is more fantastic news. It would be great to get him back for that next road trip, say a return somewhere between March 25 against GS and March 28th against Milwaukee. That would be great. That's two weeks from now which should be right on time.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby jOeyB7000 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 am

I am happy for Gasol that he is getting healthy, but Antoni doesn't instill any confidence in me because he really has no idea how to use Gasol.

I mean he had Gasol chucking 3's FFS.

Hopefully Antoni can change his stubborn ways and finds a way to get Gasol where he can really do damage. In other words, I hope he lets him operate out of the low post.

Being able to start the offense out of the low post is going to be HUGE if/when we make the playoffs instead of having our guards just chucking up 3s when the game slows down.
jOeyB7000

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 am

The sooner he comes back the better. He had found a role before he went down, backup C/PF, he was scoring and boarding like himself again. We don't need him to be 09-10 Pau again thigh, we just need him to contribute like he can. Right now we have no backup C, Pau is a big upgrade from nothing, and a unit of Blake, Meeks, Jamison, Pau, is not bad at all. Those 3 are playing well right now, throw in Pau and we have more scoring and even more good passing. Pau can also finish games depending on yhe matchup. So no, he's not what he was, and he'll have to play into shape and fit back in with a team that's gelling, but we definitely need him if we expect to make the playoffs and get out of the 1st round.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Gasol can be THAT low post scoring option for the second unit. He's a player but it will likely be the same story with him whether he will be aggressive when he gets the ball.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

^I like that 2nd unit with Pau; if he's aggressive. He can play closer to the basket & as we both know is a very good passer, so he can get others involved with that unit. He can add much needed size & rebounding to the bench...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby gcclaker on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:^I like that 2nd unit with Pau; if he's aggressive. He can play closer to the basket & as we both know is a very good passer, so he can get others involved with that unit. He can add much needed size & rebounding to the bench...

D'Antoni has already resigned him off the bench because Clark is a better fit with his perimeter shooting, speed and mobility. That I agree with. Gasol's ego needs to come to wraps with the idea. Blake seems to be running the offense with some efficiency so if he can feed him down low then all he has to do is go to work. No six billion jab steps or fades...just go at them. He's been really perplexing. Gasol will likely go against a second tier defender so it is reasonable for us to expect some production.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Cleared for running drills (320)

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:Well he was projected to miss 6-8 weeks right, so he's right no schedule.

Well that's a rarity on the plus side for a change.... Hell Yeah!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby last stand on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

I really hoped I would see pau in a laker uniform again, even if for just a couple more months he's meant so much to this franchise I'm glad I'll be able to root for him again
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Center Court on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I can't wait to see a 2nd unit of Pau/Jamison/Kobe?/Meeks/Blake
Center Court

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

This is GREAT news. I'm very happy that he's on schedule. He'll at the very least be back for the last 8 games in April, which should be enough time to get acclimated before the Playoffs start (and we make the playoffs!).

He's going to help this team tremendously, esp that 2nd unit. I'd love to see a second unit of Pau Jamison Clark Meeks Blake or Pau Jamison MWP Meeks Blake. Spreads the floor and lets Pau go to work....and more rest for Dwight.
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Pau Gasol said in an ESPN radio interview today he's hoping to return next week.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Pau Discussion: hoping to return next week (323)

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Pau: "Hoepfully everything will go well and next week is a possibility" @mcten says he ran fullcourt drills with Darvin Ham b4 game today

Pau: "I'm in the last stretch of my recovery. Hopefully I'll be able to be back with my team soon and help us play even better than we have"
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm

good!... cant wait to finally have our full squad!!
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm officially at the point where I can't take it anymore that we don't have a backup center. Pau can't come back soon enough, we need him as our backup C.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Alright, we really need Pau to play backup center. And we need him ASAP! We can't continue to just rely on Dwight and then play small ball when he is on the bench.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I can't believe what I'm saying. I miss you so badly, Pau !! This team does need you.
odom1year

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Pau is going to be more important than ever. He can be an elite scorer, and they will need him to create shots and opportunities.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm

I don't care what anyone says we need him and I hope he comes back and make an impact. We need him and Dwight defensively and plus Pau can get and create his own shot. I think we'll see a vast improvement with Pau back.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

if kobes out and he can play he better step up. kobe has had his back on countless times and pau better return the favor on the floor when he comes back
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Pau Gasol will return next week for Lakers
The seven-footer has been out since Feb. 5 because of a foot injury. And he will be a starter when he comes back

By Mike Bresnahan
March 13, 2013, 10:27 p.m.
ATLANTA — The trade deadline passed a few weeks ago, but the Lakers will add a significant player to their active roster next week.

Pau Gasol will return soon from torn plantar fascia in his right foot. The only game he ruled out was Friday at Indiana.

"Everything else is possible. I'm not going to hold myself back if I think I'm ready to play," Gasol said Wednesday. "There's not many games left in the season and every game will be valuable to us.

"We're keeping our options open. We're trying to see how I progress over the next few days."

After Friday, the Lakers play Sunday against Sacramento and Monday in Phoenix, each possible return dates, though their next game after that, March 22 against Washington, gives Gasol an extra three days of recovery time.

He hasn't played since Feb. 5 against Brooklyn.

The Lakers initially said he would be sidelined at least six to eight weeks, and in a rare spot of good injury news for them this season, the six-week mark would be Tuesday, meaning he might return earlier than expected.

He will also be a starter.

Gasol was essentially coming off the bench when he was injured, though he had started a few games while Dwight Howard dealt with a torn labrum in his shoulder.

Gasol will return to the starting lineup next week in place of struggling Earl Clark, unless conditioning reasons force him to come off the bench for a game or two, an unlikely event.

Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni doesn't want to repeat the distractions caused by Gasol's demotion to reserve status, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Gasol is experiencing his worst season since his rookie year in Memphis (2001-02). He is averaging 13.4 points, which would be a career low if it doesn't improve, and shooting only 45.3%, also a potential career low.

But his skills on offense will be welcomed by the team in general, including Kobe Bryant, an ardent Gasol supporter who seemed as disappointed as Gasol when the injury happened.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20130314,0,5161334.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53295
wcsoldier81

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 pm

:jam2: some good news on such a terrible basketball day

Everyone has gotta step up and I think Pau+Dwight+Nash can hold it down while Kobe recovers
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm

So, now Pau is starting? Interesting. Well, we will see how this works...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

It didnt come out of D'Antoni's mouth...it was probably Pau who thinks hes gonna be a starter and spoke to LA times about it lol we have something workin alright with the starters Pau will come off the bench, if he does start it will be for MWP

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion