Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: hoping to return next week (323)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Clark hasn't been producing at all for a while now, there really is no point to keeping Pau on the bench.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Clark fits better with Dwight and Kobe. We've seen this already, we do well when we stagger Pau and Dwights minutes and limit their time together.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 pm

The notion that Dwight+Pau doesn't work isn't exactly true

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAL2.HTM

Our best lineups have Dwight+Pau out there together along with either Nash or Blake.

Both of those guys were sharing a lot of minutes together even after Pau got benched anyway so we know it's not a total disaster.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Im not saying it doesnt work, its just not an ideal lineup to begin the game with. Let them each get their games going and then finish it together

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 am

if Kobe misses serious time (couple weeks) and Nash Dwight & Pau can't beat the teams on our schedule like kings suns wiz bucks timberwolves warriors etc then Kobe is the least of our worries. and I think that'll pretty much solidify this year as a failure and the lakers missing the playoffs or exiting first round
Ariza3

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am

He can't get here soon enough IMO. We need him badly. What happened to Clark tonight? I saw him go gimpy and then he went to the training room.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am

Clark landed on his ankle like within the first minutes going for a rebound. was stiff at halftime he said. well need him to step up if Kobe's out so hopefully he's okay
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 am

Clark has come back down to earth recently, I would have no problem with Pau starting again. Clark would still be effective as the backup PF/C he's been playing, next to Blake, Meeks and Jamison. I also think Pau and Dwight CAN still work together, Pau gets Dwight nicer passes than almost anyone on the team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:38 am

A Nash, Dwight, and Pau core will definitely work, we had a less star studded lineup when Kobe went out the last time and they went on a heck of a run. So this will probably work better than we expect it :jam2:
Jazzygirl205

Postby kenzo on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:04 am

If Kobe is out, we need Pau more than ever.
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:57 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Clark hasn't been producing at all for a while now, there really is no point to keeping Pau on the bench.

This.

The point of Pau off the bench was because Earl was doing a bang up job. Now Earl has slammed into that "rookie wall" so to speak and so Pau needs to come back into a starting position.

If Pau could play again when we get home, it'd be amazing. I know he won't be great because he's still going to need time to get conditioning back up, but Pau/Dwight/Nash should be able to win 2 out of the next 4 which should give us space against Utah and might allow us to rest Kobe for a while and let that ankle really rest.

Indiana, Kings, @Phoenix, Washington. We need two out of those 4. Utah plays Memphis, Knicks, Rockets, @Spurs.

They shouldn't win more than 1 game, but could maybe get two.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 am

They should not play Pau with Dwight. Pau will just stand around and watch. They need to keep Clark with Dwight because they need someone hustling and moving around for rebound position. I wish Jordan Hill were back.
lotus

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 am

Pau what can we say. Lakers Nation needs you to step up now as you get back in shape and deliver like the damn skilled 7 foot big man that you are. Here's to hoping you still have that in you and now that your brother in Kobe is down and/or hurting badly for the next few weeks. Do it....Kick Butt

:jam2: :jam2: :beer:

sorry...glass is half full thing gets best of me sometimes not rationally..... :man10: :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:12 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Pau what can we say. Lakers Nation needs you to step up now as you get back in shape and deliver like the damn skilled 7 foot big man that you are. Here's to hoping you still have that in you and now that your brother in Kobe is down and/or hurting badly for the next few weeks. Do it....Kick Butt

:jam2: :jam2: :beer:

sorry...glass is half full thing gets best of me sometimes not rationally..... :man10: :man12:

POTY
Chillbongo

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 am

I don't mind if Pau starts while Kobe is out...i mean if he's healthier and quicker than before, then maybe dwight/pau can work...not to mention Dwight is rounding into shape now...I'm just glad that we're getting this guy back before the season ends as I thought he would for sure be out for the season.
FabFourLakers

Postby davriver290 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:23 am

Clark is more confident in his game and is the hustler we need. He'd be an excellent SF... Keep Jamison at the PF and our bench is actually not too shabby. Obviously we have the mix starters with the bench because our bench alone won't be able to create shots for themselves.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Kit on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

Pau sets the high pick, throw it down to Dwight. Money.
Kit

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am

Weezy wrote:Clark has come back down to earth recently, I would have no problem with Pau starting again. Clark would still be effective as the backup PF/C he's been playing, next to Blake, Meeks and Jamison. I also think Pau and Dwight CAN still work together, Pau gets Dwight nicer passes than almost anyone on the team.

Agreed. I would be fine with bringing Pau off the bench if he needs it to get back into shape. However, Clark's recent injuries and his drop off in production means I'm less convinced he should stay a starter at this point. I don't see anything wrong with Pau taking back the starting PF spot at this juncture unless he needs to ease in gradually because of health.

Regardless between Clark, Jamison, Howard and Pau, the front line is the least of our worries. The question mark now is Kobe. And also Meeks. How will Meeks respond to greater minutes and perhaps the starting job at 2?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 pm

It's fine and dandy theoretically on the offensive end with him and Howard if we pound the ball inside. The BIG issue here is how fast can they both run back on defense with that tank World Peace and the creaky Nash. Oh and Meeks will likely take 24's starting spot. At least he'll give the effort.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 pm

I think Pau & Dwight should fit well.. With Meeks & Blake picking up the slack while Kobe is out we have good spacing for the bigs to work. Hope to see lots of Nash/Pau & Blake/D12 2 man game.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 am

gcclaker wrote:It's fine and dandy theoretically on the offensive end with him and Howard if we pound the ball inside. The BIG issue here is how fast can they both run back on defense with that tank World Peace and the creaky Nash. Oh and Meeks will likely take 24's starting spot. At least he'll give the effort.

Agreed. Howard is fast for a big man, but that doesn't mean he'll win any sprints with the young fellas.

It's going to be imperative that we rebound the ball well and that we slow the game down to cater to our age. We can't be running at all with this team.

Hill is going to be a real handful tonight. We're going to have a really tough game ahead of us. We've got to basically play perfect basketball.

As for moving forward... I think it'd be a good idea to have Artest off the bench if we're going to start Pau. We need some of that speed in there that Earl can provide so that we don't get run out of the building in the first 5 minutes. Nash/Meeks/Earl. Have Nash basically at the half court line when he's not controlling the ball.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

Kevin Ding @KevinDing 1 minute ago
D'Antoni suggested @Pau Gasol will return from foot injury Monday at Phoenix. D'Antoni intends to start and finish with Pau, sooner or later.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_an ... z2NcnCXXU3
wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

Pau back against Pho? That's sooner then I expected, but if he's healthy by that time, I'll take it. At this point, I don't care if he only plays 10-12 minutes; I'll gladly take that. We need another big desperately.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 am

This is great news!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Kevin Ding @KevinDing 1 minute ago
D'Antoni suggested @Pau Gasol will return from foot injury Monday at Phoenix. D'Antoni intends to start and finish with Pau, sooner or later.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_an ... z2NcnCXXU3

Good for Pau. Hopefully he comes back in good form
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion