Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion

Postby SK8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 am

My hate and disrespect for Pau is raising like crazy after every new game. He is done for me, i'm done with this guy definetly.
And i am not telling this because of last night three point shot at the end of the game, this don't have notthing to to with that, this started from last season, you can just tell that dude is done. I don't give a fu** about his passing ability, or finesse or whatever he have, dude is the softest guy in the world, his body and mind is wrong status, and i don't see how that could change with new sistem. I don't want to see him shooting jumpers, fadeaways or three pointers.
Don't know what more can i say, i just hate him and his way of playing. Somethimes i wish Hill is starting on 4.
I don't think that Mitch will trade him, but i hope he will try, because after this season his value will be very very low.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 am

Hopefully the new system will improve his FG because 40% for a 7 footer as skilled as him just will not cut it. He needs to quit it with the fade aways & get himself more in the post.
Still have hope in Pau, he's not the player he used to be, but that doesn't mean he's necessarily terrible & needs to be traded, still better than most PF out there.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 am

Not to mention, he did make that clutch jumper which was nice, 3 was close, nobody else was open.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 am

I think it's fair to say he at least deserves a shot in D'Antoni's system before we try dumping him for whatever we can get. This system did make Diaw look like a good NBA player, after all.

When I watch Pau, it always seems like he just gets worn down out there. Not sure why we can't have Jamison back him up for stints on occasion and give Pau more of a blow if he's really gassed out there. I personally think Antawn is more suited for a smaller/stretch 4 than a bigger SF. I think Ebanks is suited to play backup 3 instead. Just my opinion.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 am

Oh, and that last 3 was out of necessity. He was inbounded the ball in a precarious spot near the corner and looked to pass for a few solid seconds. There were no options and he had to hoist that shot up with the clock winding down.

Those last plays by each team are great examples of how much of a difference a great head coach makes. Pop had a plan and his players executed it perfectly to the tune of a great look for a shooter and he buried it. The Lakers gave it to a 7-footer out on the 3-point line with a man in his hip pocket and no one open. Not a real surprise which team that worked out better for. Hopefully Mike comes in and fixes our late game execution (though Nash will likely make a big difference in this area as well).
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Sirron on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 am

Pau is a scholar and a gentleman. However, in sports, sometimes you need to TAKE what you WANT. Sometimes you need to show NO RESPECT to the other players' ability and ram crap down their throat. It's against his white swan nature. Kobe said it best. We need him to be black swan more often, but he naturally will defer to his teammates with the meaner streaks like:

Kobe
Dwight
Metta
Black
Nash
My Mom
Your Mom
anyone with a vagina
etc, etc, etc.....

This may mean he has to go. :man10:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 am

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am

Sirron wrote:Pau is a scholar and a gentleman. However, in sports, sometimes you need to TAKE what you WANT. Sometimes you need to show NO RESPECT to the other players' ability and ram crap down their throat. It's against his white swan nature. Kobe said it best. We need him to be black swan more often, but he naturally will defer to his teammates with the meaner streaks like:

Kobe
Dwight
Metta
Black
Nash
My Mom
Your Mom
anyone with a vagina
Justin Beiber
etc, etc, etc.....

This may mean he has to go. :man10:

Fixed
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

The Rock wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I don't know which is more unbearable. Watching that or watching him play.
nthydro

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am

But seriously this is why we got Howard and Nash...to improve our scoring and lessen Pau's responsibilities because clearly he cant handle it. I think I have the same expectations on him as I would when Lamar was around in our 2 titles. Grab 10 rebounds, play defense, minimize mistakes I think that should be enough

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:57 pm

ATGROPG
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Pau is shooting 40% in the regular season. This probably means he'll shoot sub-30% in the playoffs :man10:
Last edited by v1n5anity on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v1n5anity

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

oh god...that vid of pru.

so many cringes.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby John3:16 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Punk-101 wrote:ATGROPG

:bow:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm a big Pau fan, but this is just frustrating. He says all the right things when he's interviewed, how he needs to be more aggressive, how the trade that fell through last year and Mike Brown getting fired were "wake up calls" for him... but honestly, I don't see any of that translating to his play on the court. He's still as passive as ever, still settling for 18 foot jumpers, gets pushed around, etc. I almost rather have Jordan on the court cause he at least hustles and gets offensive boards. Maybe it's time to stick him on the bench as a 6th man.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby borri on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

So....wtf happened to his post up game?

If this continues, I'd much rather have Channing Frye. Cheaper and is a better fit for Pringles' system.
Last edited by borri on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borri

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm

after watching it again metta in bounded it to him in the corner which is the worst spot and easiest for the opponent to guard when he should have found Kobe or called time out. Kobe was mad at metta not Pau. Pau had a open shot that he's capable of making and had no one open. ill give him a break on that bc it was just a team wide mental lapse and Pau did make the right choice other than calling time out of course. that first jumper was clutch and earned a pass on the last shot from me. with Nash and a real coach we could have drawn up something better imo.

Pau walks into a double double without doing anything big in a game. it's inreal. he needs to play less minutes though and with those be more aggressive and when Dwight isn't in he needs to get more touches in the POST and be the anchor for that unit
Ariza3

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Pau biggest problem is fatigue. The man is just flat worn out. All those summers of playing for Spain's national team has finally caught up to him. He wants to jump, be can't. Wants to slide his feet to defend, but they won't move. I hate it. He's my 3rd favorite Laker of all-time behind Magic and Kobe.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Aonex on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:Pau biggest problem is fatigue. The man is just flat worn out. All those summers of playing for Spain's national team has finally caught up to him. He wants to jump, be can't. Wants to slide his feet to defend, but they won't move. I hate it. He's my 3rd favorite Laker of all-time behind Magic and Kobe.

Well then maybe it is time to be the team's 6th man, play the Lamar role.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby LooN3y on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Aonex wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:Pau biggest problem is fatigue. The man is just flat worn out. All those summers of playing for Spain's national team has finally caught up to him. He wants to jump, be can't. Wants to slide his feet to defend, but they won't move. I hate it. He's my 3rd favorite Laker of all-time behind Magic and Kobe.

with the new additions the bar is set high, but i dont want to prematurely see pau get booted from the team.

lol wow 19 mil to come off the bench thats pretty crazy, but he wants to stay a laker, and hes just too valuable of a player, i know hes going to take a pay cut.

how much do you guys think hes worth?

i know kobes still lobbying for fish and was for lamar earlier in the season
LooN3y

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm

LooN3y wrote:
Aonex wrote:

with the new additions the bar is set high, but i dont want to prematurely see pau get booted from the team.

lol wow 19 mil to come off the bench thats pretty crazy, but he wants to stay a laker, and hes just too valuable of a player, i know hes going to take a pay cut.

how much do you guys think hes worth?

i know kobes still lobbying for fish and was for lamar earlier in the season

Hopefully Pau is willing to accept $10 million, I honestly don't see him taking anything less than that.

And I don't see Fisher returning, at least not this season as we already have five PGs on the team.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I think Pau's spot on the team is safe as long as he grabs 10 rebounds , plays good D and doesn't make too many mistakes. His scoring is not needed however he is required to not be a liability

If his D and rebounding starts to slip hes a goner.

I dont think he can average more than 15 a game and shoot 50% from the field that we're accustomed to...the frustrating thing is hes extremely talented and skilled and he cant make open shots at an adequate rate. Very frustrating

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm

The Rock wrote:I think Pau's spot on the team is safe as long as he grabs 10 rebounds , plays good D and doesn't make too many mistakes. His scoring is not needed however he is required to not be a liability

I dont think he can average more than 15 a game and shoot 50% from the field that we're accustomed to...the frustrating thing is hes extremely talented and skilled and he cant make open shots at an adequate rate. Very frustrating

Why not? He did that last season.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
The Rock wrote:I think Pau's spot on the team is safe as long as he grabs 10 rebounds , plays good D and doesn't make too many mistakes. His scoring is not needed however he is required to not be a liability

like barely he did! Hes still getting wide open looks from 5 to 15 feet and hes not converting it at an acceptable rate, hes not posting up either. Theres a general decline in his scoring skills. When Pau got here in 08 he used to make all sorts of up and under, shoulder/head fakes, blow bys, mid post, high post, all sorts of moves, now all we see is jumper after jumper or a fading hook shot while screaing for a foul.

His D and rebounding are still reliable, his passing as well

Hes pretty much turned into Lamar

We've changed coaches, changed systems, changed his frontcourt partners and the results are still not acceptable

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

The Rock wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

like barely he did! Hes still getting wide open looks from 5 to 15 feet and hes not converting it at an acceptable rate, hes not posting up either. Theres a general decline in his scoring skills. When Pau got here in 08 he used to make all sorts of up and under, shoulder/head fakes, blow bys, mid post, high post, all sorts of moves, now all we see is jumper after jumper or a fading hook shot while screaing for a foul.

His D and rebounding are still reliable, his passing as well

Hes pretty much turned into Lamar

Pau didn't post up much last season and still averaged 17 points and 10 boards on 50 percent shooting. He was an exceptional mid range jump shooter last season. This season he's just missing wide open shots. I would expect that as this season goes on those shots will start to fall and Pau will have another season of shooting over 50 percent.
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion