Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Gasol Discussion: Not playing tonight - p233

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm fine with Pau still being out. Pau needs to take his time so that when he comes back once and for all and healthy we will know for sure if he can be on this team or not. Because if he still can't produce, we will know that it can't be injury related.

As far as the Pau trade talk, I'm banking/hoping that another team other than the Twolves and Raptors is interested and can offer something a little more fulfilling. Williams, Luke, & Pek is descent but I feel we can get a little more impact right away. Duhon is playing great and I think Luke would not really be needed. I'd rather get Budinger from them instead of Ridnour even though he's injured
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 pm

The only REASON I would hate to trade Pau is getting new players that need to learn a new system and more time for chemistry to gel on the court. Although, if the personnel fits the system, the learning curve can be expedited.

There has been so many things happening. I just pray Pau gets it together so we can roll with this lineup the rest of the season and build some chemistry together to a run at this things...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Like I said in the "roster improvement" thread, Gasol, Ebanks, Meeks, and Duhon out. D. Williams, Ariza, Mathews, and Barea in.

Ariza, Mathews, and Barea have playoff experience, hit big shots, can run and finish, are good defenders, and are each perfect for 15-20 minutes behind Ron, Kobe, and Nash.

Por would take Pek for Mathews. Duhon and Meeks to Was for Ariza. We would lose size at SF (Jamison, Williams, Clark), but would be able to keep Hill for those BIGs minutes with Dwight.

That team could beat the Heat, Thunder, Clipps, and Spurs.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 pm

:man10:

Gasol commands that package alone, yet you throw Meeks and Duhon (two of brighter bench players) in?

I like Ariza, but he's not worth giving up Gasol, neither is Derrick Williams. Barea is injured and a defensive liability and Matthews is w/e.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:08 pm

05:43 PM ET 12.10 | Pau Gasol may be struggling with new Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni's offense, but there's at least one other head man who would love for his general manager to trade for the Lakers' star. "If they want to trade Pau, I'll take him right now," an anonymous coach told ESPN Los Angeles. "I'll take him over every player on my team." Gasol is currently sitting out as he recovers from knee tendonitis.
ESPN
. Adleman?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:10 pm

^ Bobcats? :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:15 pm

^^^^ Hmmmmm. I would say Toronto, Wizards, or Bobcats.

Maybe it was Doc? :man10:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby John3:16 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Balance&Options24 wrote:
05:43 PM ET 12.10 | Pau Gasol may be struggling with new Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni's offense, but there's at least one other head man who would love for his general manager to trade for the Lakers' star. "If they want to trade Pau, I'll take him right now," an anonymous coach told ESPN Los Angeles. "I'll take him over every player on my team." Gasol is currently sitting out as he recovers from knee tendonitis.
ESPN
. Adleman?

Miami or OKC. :man12:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

I totally didn't read the part he says he would take pau over anyone on his team. Yup it's brooks or spoelstra!!!
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 pm

rightttttt.....two teams that are having trouble winning :man10: wants a slow, non D playing old guy for their young, fast, athletic big :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Real, welcome back. The pics were great. But your insight is typically better.

Well thank you. :bow:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:That said, in response to your flames on my post above, a lot has changed.

No flames here, my friend. Simply my opinion.

I understand Pau looked different in the Olympic games, but he still didn't look like the player we had from 2008-2010. He's a Center now more than ever. He's playing out of position here and here he's most certainly NOT the number one option as he is in Spain.

Plain and simple: he's not comfortable here anymore. He's not the guy, he's just A guy and that's tough for him to handle mentally I get that. I do. But it's time for him to man up.

That being said, just because he's mentally weak doesn't mean he isn't ALSO physically weak. The guy wasn't just not giving effort, but when he DID give effort, he COULDN'T do it. Remember getting blocked on a dunk attempt by... Glen f***ing Davis? The guy CAN'T get off the floor.

If we're stuck with this mentally broken Gasol, we need at least a mentally broken Gasol that can move effectively.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Pau for Love???? Would you do it? Would he fit in our spread offense?For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

"That's a tough pill to swallow."

No, Kevin Love isn't over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn't over Kahn marching into the trainer's room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? "I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol – but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says.

Perhaps those issues wouldn't still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he's done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 pm

I think almost everyone, if not absolutely everyone here, would take Love for Pau. Minnesota on the other hand, would not, and who can blame them, Love is twice the player Pau is at this point.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Weezy wrote:I think almost everyone, if not absolutely everyone here, would take Love for Pau. Minnesota on the other hand, would not, and who can blame them, Love is twice the player Pau is at this point.

They want Pau, and Love is not happy, why not explore making it work.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Weezy wrote:I think almost everyone, if not absolutely everyone here, would take Love for Pau. Minnesota on the other hand, would not, and who can blame them, Love is twice the player Pau is at this point.

^^ I was opposed to it the last time that rumor went around (a year or two ago?) but not now, that's for sure. I think Love would be a good fit with Howard, at least on paper because he's pretty deadly from outside. He's really expanded his range. I have never cozied up to him after he left the Bruins, but with his boards and outside shooting that could be stellar alongside D12.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:

They want Pau, and Love is not happy, why not explore making it work.

It's going to take A LOT more than Pau to get Love.

If we can move Hill for a nice piece, and combine that with Pau, perhaps.

Love would be PERFECT for LA. Homecoming, personality, young, strong, and he can shoot.

Come on Mitch. :man12:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Minn can do alot better then Pau if they wanted to ship Love out.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm

khmrP wrote:Minn can do alot better then Pau if they wanted to ship Love out.

This is what I was getting at. Minny wants Pau, but they want him for a so far bust #2 pick and a very good center in Pekovic. If Love is unhappy and they want to move him they can do better than Pau, they can get some very good players or one all-star player for Love most likely.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Love for Pau.. Would be amazing. I see no way we don't turn it around even before Nash gets back. Maybe ship Hill to a 3rd team that has pieces Minne wants. If this is at all possible it should be top priority.
lakersin4

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Love for Pau is never ever happening.

Though, it'd be a perfect fit for LA
Center Court

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Gasol for Lin+Parsons/Patterson?

I really like Lin, he's been playing badly most of the season but that is due to the Houston coaching staff turning him into a spot up 3 point shooter(a Mario Chalmers/Fisher) and making Harden into the PG. Also Lin has become passive. It seems Lin can't play that well without the ball in his hands at this point, but he has scary potential(yesterday's game with Harden being out and Lin being allowed to dominate the ball shows this again).

Parsons is a upcoming legit starting SF in this league, can stretch the floor, play decent defense, and is versatile and a great all around player. Aside from defense, he's a drastic upgrade to MWP in every way possible. Patterson is a undersized/weak PF who can score (but can't rebound). He's great off the bench however, and can give you points/energy off the bench reliably. He also can spread the floor, and is able to knock down the 3 at a average rate.

Considering Gasol is really a C/PF who can't coexist with another C, I think this trade will do wonders for both teams. Since Houston insisted most of the season to not allow Lin to play and benching him for small mistakes, it seems they're not that high on him. Also they get a proven star player in Gasol that they have been wanting for years. We get a young, improving, potential star for years to come as well as making our bench strong.

Seeing how Nash is also old, and injury prone without Phoenix(he was injury prone before Phoenix medical staff, that's why Dallas didn't want to resign him), and he can mentor Lin. We would instantly have the best PG rotation in the league in Nash/Lin, and 2-3 years, Lin would be ready to take over for Nash. Lin would also be a great 6th man atm, since he needs the offense to run through him for him to play at a star level(at the moment at least). Although I'm a few days late in posting this, and Houston may not be eager to do this trade anymore seeing how Lin erupted for 38/7 last night against the Spurs with James Harden out with a injury, taking them to OT and showing the world that he can play at a star level if he has the ball/given the chance and not forced to be a 3 pt spot up shooter.
LakerBoyz24

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 pm

As some of us Gasol defenders have said in the past, even when he is playing poorly he still draws the offense's attention. Get well soon pau.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Love for Pau? Can't happen. But there's always 3 team trades :man12:
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Legendary on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

If Kupchak can flip Pau for Love...

We should re-name this site to ClubMitch.
Legendary

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Legendary wrote:If Mitch can flip Pau for Love...

We should re-name this site to ClubMitch.

Sounds like something you have to open an Incognito window for.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion