Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Discussion: Triple-Double...Doubled (346)

Postby Finwë on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Weezy wrote:One of the weakest triple doubles I've ever seen, his defense was pathetic. I still want him traded, like I said, he will let you down again in time. Trade, amnesty, whatever, thanks for the championships ands memories Pau.

This
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby noobiew on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Don't just look at the stats watched the game !

Pau played was weak and passive, offensively as well as defensively
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby kblo247 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm

noobartist wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Same guy who never won a playoff game without Kobe, still hasn't. Gets paid superstar money and is an all star at best only with Kobe behind him as support. This is why Memphis gave him away, wasnt worth the billing and wasnt premier when Tim, KG, JO, Amare, and Boozer were all playing the same spot. A real 20mil player and franchise big wouldnt piss their pants like he has every playoff game the last couple years, let alone not win a damn playoff game without Kobe

0-14 in playoff games without Kobe yet makes 20mil :man4:

Well, I haven't seen Kobe won a playoff series without a legit big men like Pau and Shaq. Let's be fair.

Series .... He can get a damn game p. he got a damn game with Smush.

Wade said it years ago, any star should be able to win one r two playoff games by themselves. Pau hasn't won a damn game in 15 tries without Kobe in the words of Amare protecting his soft [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
kblo247

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

noobartist wrote:I haven't posted here for a while but all I see is whining about Pau. Pau is an excellent player. I wish the Lakers get rid of him because our fanbase don't deserve him. He's better than 90% of the power forwards in the NBA, and if it weren't for him, the Lakers would not have won 2 championships. Everyone turned on him like he's Luke freaking Walton. Let's get back to reality check that the Lakers aren't going to win the big one for a while with Kobe aging and possibly Howard might not come back. Let's not forget D'antoni as our coach. I'm going to vomit.

When you want to join us in 2013, we'd be glad to have you.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/328251172123205632
Pau says he's playing through tendinosis in both knees: Degeneration of tendon tissue. He'll look for regenerative solutions this summer.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/328251172123205632
Pau says he's playing through tendinosis in both knees: Degeneration of tendon tissue. He'll look for regenerative solutions this summer.

Still? :bang:

There goes his trade value, except his value as an expiring.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm

I feel bad for Pau..hes aging and hes coming to terms with it.

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/328253197779099649

Pau Gasol said he's going to do some research ways to regenerate tendon issues in both knees this offseason

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 pm

I don't want to go through another year of this injury crap. Get what you can for him and call it a day.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Psychobroker on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Pau played some of the worst defense I've ever seen last night... probably the most worthless triple double in history.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Re: Pau Discussion: Triple-Double with no D (352)

Postby JGC on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Unless Pau can be used to acquire a no-brainer superstar, it would probably make more sense just to keep him and let him walk in 2014.
JGC

Postby -G- on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:53 pm

The Rock wrote:I feel bad for Pau..hes aging and hes coming to terms with it.

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/328253197779099649

Pau Gasol said he's going to do some research ways to regenerate tendon issues in both knees this offseason

Pau trying to make sure we can't trade him. :bang: :mad1: :man2:
-G-

Pau Considering Treatment In Germany On Knee In Offseason

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Pau Considering Treatment In Germany On Knee In Offseason

Posted on April 27, 2013 by Mark Medina

This underachieving season has worn on Pau Gasol in every way imaginable.

In what he described as a “roller coaster,” Gasol navigated plenty of highs and lows. He faced reduced offensive role under Mike D’Antoni’s system. The Lakers coach even featured Gasol as a reserve for six games. Of course, Gasol also faces a 0-3 deficit in the Lakers’ first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs and an uncertain offseason.

But Gasol said he’s experienced the most frustration nursing never-endining injuries including knee tendinitis, a concussion and plantar fascia in his right foot, ailments that sidelined him for a total of 33 games. Even if he’s suiting up Sunday for Game 4 against the Spurs, Gasol said he’s far from healthy. So much that he said he will explore various non-surgical procedures to treat the knee tendonosis in both of his knees.

“It’s something I’ve dealt with all year, but I have to do something to regenerate the tissue,” Gasol said, “so I don’t have to play with this pain.”

Kobe Bryant went to Germany two years ago to have a derivation of the platelet-rich plasma procedure on his right knee, which entailed involves blood being taken from the patient and isolating the components in hopes of accelerating the healing process and relieving pain. Would Gasol go to Germany, too?

“I’ll go to wherever I need to go,” Gasol said. “It’s a possibility.”

Gasol said the tendonosis in both of his knees has created dead tissue and inflammation with most of the pain reserved for his left leg. Unfortunately for Gasol, he primarily uses that leg to jump when he’s post position. Although he has healed from the plantar fascia enough to return to the lineup in late March, Gasol said the pain in his right foot “is still bothering me.”

“It has been limiting but at the same time, I’ve been performing pretty well,” said Gasol, who has averaged 17.5 points on 51.3 percent shooting in the last eight regular season games in April. “I want to continue to fight and continue to leave it out there on the floor.”

Gasol has had mixed success though.

Through three games in the Lakers’ first-round series against the Spurs, Gasol has averaged 13.3 points on only 42.5 percent shooting. He’s also largely struggled guarding Spurs forward Tim Duncan, who’s averaged 19.7 points on 53.1 percent shooting in the postseason against the Lakers.

“It’s difficult, but nothing has been easy this year,” Gasol said. “I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/ ... oth-knees/
Kobe8Fan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Houston should have had this problem instead of us. Mitch with a genius move, he knew when to hold em and knew when to fold them. Unfortunately a corrupt dealer screwed us...F U Stern
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Psychobroker on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/328251172123205632

I don't give a rats !@# about your !@#$%% knees... don't come out crying about it after you've shown us some of the worst defensive effort in recent memory. You're just making excuses.

Kobe played through plenty of !@$% and didn't complain about it.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby S.R.05 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 am

i hope his next team is really positive about how that german knee treatment will help him next year
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 am

The excuses for a poor postseason performance ( the 3rd in a row) came fast I see
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:19 am

Man I'm not loving him disclosing his knee injuries/pain at this point, seems like trying to kill his trade value, thanks Pau.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 am

He's doing this on purpose ... he obviously doesn't want to leave regardless of what he has been saying for some time about his role

1) He knows Kobe has his back
2) He's aware the soft medias in LA will never call his poor play out and will continue to pull off the system excuse card .
3) The focus is and will remain on Kobe/D12

He has nothing to gain by going to a lesser team on which he will have more pressure to perform as a 1st/2nd option and on which his huge salary will be talked about each time he doesn't play well.

Life is good in LA , he has a pass for his poor play since May 2011
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 am

This is my favorite thing about Pau in recent years....

I need the ball more, I need more touches, I'm not being used right, I want more minutes....

(1 week later)

Well I'm playing through this injury and this is bothering me, but I'm going out there and playing as hard as I can.

(1 week later)

I'm not happy with my role, I need more minutes, touches...etc..

(1 week later)

These injuries are really limiting my game and what I can do
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 am

Weezy wrote:Man I'm not loving him disclosing his knee injuries/pain at this point, seems like trying to kill his trade value, thanks Pau.

"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 am

Playing through injuries and getting triple doubles???

Tough crowd.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:00 am

3 bad playoffs in a row, please trade him this summer.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

Vasashi17 wrote:Playing through injuries and getting triple doubles???

Tough crowd.

Shooting 43%, playing zero defense, while getting abused by someone 5 years older than him. Box score says one thing, watching him in the actual game says another.
Doc Brown

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 am

Disclaimer: not necessarily addressing the entirety of my post towards you, Doc.

Playing with plantar fasciitis and tendonitis...I guess I feel differently and appreciate the effort.

But I do understand why everybody wants to trade him...I'm just not sure why people hate on him so much.

I would rather appreciate what Timmy does and be in awe of what he can do at his age, than fault Pau for not being able to do the same. One just broke down quicker...but then again, maybe the way Pop has played him over the years can attribute to that. :man12:

Anyways, I guess do the ends justify the means?

So the masses want him traded cause the production he's putting out isn't worth 19M. And with that crowd, I can agree with.

I appreciate what Pau does off and on the court. But he's breaking down...and his production isn't for a lack of effort.

You want to trade his 19M for an infuse of youth and I totally get that and agree. But the unnecessary hate this guy gets is baffling.

I do believe its going to be hard to trade the guy in this landscape, but I do understand why fans want to trade him. However, if he addresses his injuries and comes back healthy, I'm totally fine with him remaining on the roster and expiring next summer.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:Playing through injuries and getting triple doubles???

Tough crowd.

Shooting 43%, playing zero defense, while getting abused by someone 5 years older than him. Box score says one thing, watching him in the actual game says another.

Ginger Bonner ... a plus minus of +58 ... best of any player in the series , Pau not guarding him being a big reason for it
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion