In Payton’s Pursuit of Ring, His Talk Is Finally C

In Payton’s Pursuit of Ring, His Talk Is Finally C

Postby OG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:26 pm

Payton refurbished a gym in Oakland and built a basketball court in Seattle. He's one of the most dependable players in the off-season charity game circuit. And if you're wondering how he'll adjust to a lineup with O'Neal, Bryant and possibly Karl Malone, his play in the charity and all-star games gives a good clue. He passes the ball to the young guys and lets them showcase their skills. Payton doesn't want the glory for himself. He only requires a couple of layups.

Which brings up the question: When's the last time Payton dunked during an NBA game?

"1977," Pope jumped in.

"I dunked in 2000," Payton said.

"He dunked on Artis Gilmore," Pope said.

That got the competitive juices flowing. Payton who already says that a championship will be the only satisfactory finish to the season, makes a prediction for opening night.

"I'm going to get a dunk that first game," Payton said. "I'm going to be so hyped."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... nba-lakers
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:30 pm

If he's hyped for opening night, so are all Laker fans and the nation for that matter.

The first game of the season is the Lakers vs. Cavs.

Enough said!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:44 pm

I know payton and kobe will be going at it in practice games, should be nice to learn all of gary's secrets.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Return to Lakers Discussion