Payton on best damn sports show period

Payton on best damn sports show period

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:47 pm

The Glove will be a guest host on the best damn sports show Thursday and Friday. This could be interesting to see if he says anything about his future and where he might end up, even though he can't say much because free agency hasn't started yet. I'm sure they will ask him about the Lakers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:18 pm

But he's gonna be host, so does that mean he's like a guest on the show too? Hopefully he'll answer some Q's cuz I know Tom loves tha Lakers too... lolol... I'm prayin he wont give the same answers players give all the time.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:27 pm

Nah I love this show you guys... I can never get enough, they get all the details the people want, not what the sports reporters want. We'll get a good idea of what hand the glove wants to fit on through these 2 shows...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:39 pm

Like I have said before, I prefer Terry, Arenas and Miller but I certainly wouldn't turn GP away for god's sake...He is the glove after all...even @ 35...
Snakell Beast

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:56 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Like I have said before, I prefer Terry, Arenas and Miller but I certainly wouldn't turn GP away for god's sake...He is the glove after all...even @ 35...

I think that GP would help any team. However team chemistry is also something to think about. Would GP help team chemistry? Don't know about that. How much cap room does LA have? That is something to consider. The Spurs have more cap room than anyone. Would Jermaine O'Neal help? I don't know. But the Spurs are talking about O'Neal more than Kidd. It's a sticky situation. Arenas seems like a good fit for LA, however I think he likes Golden State, and they can offer more money. Besides that would take more shots away from Kobe or Shaq. L.A. doesn't need help with offense. They need role players to make steals, play defense, shoot the three when it is open. Fisher, George, and Co. didn't work out too well this year.
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:08 am

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

I think that GP would help any team.

Are you kidding me? Let me rephrase that for you.

"I don't think GP would fit in with the Run 'n' Gun teams in the West like Dallas, San Antonio, and Sacramento..."

Yes I agree :man12:

Gary Payton is getting to old to do the run and gun, push the ball, type of ball. But the Lakers arn't like that. They are the team to slow the ball down, and run the offense, get it to Shaq etc...

Plus, do you really think Gary is all about the money?! :man7:

See what I think is this: If people care about the money, then why do they contend for the title. Who cares about the ring right? But those who go for the ring, really don't care about the money. And this summer will prove who cares about the money, and who wants the ring. I think we could get GP and Karl Malone, just because their both hungry, and each one fills the gap or hole of what we need...

Besides, Gary Payton has never came close to winning a ring, if he cares about money he'll just stay in Milwakee, why would he goto Golden State? Milwakee has just as good of a chance to make the playoffs as GS does... See I think we'll see GP wearing Purple and gold next season...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:17 pm

Agree on the take about GP not wanting the money at this point of his career and just want the ring.

Also, agree with Spurfanatic50's point of the Lakers needing role players that can play D, rebound, and the intangibles. Remember, that we scored enough against the Spurs to win it, our defense just let us down. We were out-hustled. The intangibles count.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion