Payton "definitely has an interest in the Lakers"

Postby whats golden on Mon May 26, 2003 6:14 pm

as NateBall7 will point out Payton, Bryant, Wade, Mourning and Madsen are mentioned twice so technically there are only 12.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 26, 2003 8:13 pm

13, you forgot about Fargo (pargo)...
Snakell Beast

GP A LAKER!!!

Postby Spen1 on Thu May 29, 2003 8:47 am

Hell Yea bring on GP :man13: . Most of you won't agree with but I say bring Payton and Lue on and get Fisher's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out of LA. :man2: Fisher is to off and on. He's a streak shooter. Oher point guards take him eveytime. He also has no inside game. When he drives to the hole there is a 90% chance that he'll miss. It's like he doesn't know what to do when he drives to the hoop. Some people give Fisher too much credit. Like I said, bring on Payton and let Lue back him up. Get rid of Rush and keep Pargo. Pargo has un-tapped game. He will blow up one day. Pargo will become a controlled Tony Parker

Spen1

Laker4Life!!!! :jam2:
Spen1

Don't forget about PJ

Postby Spen1 on Thu May 29, 2003 9:51 am

Oh yea I forgot about PJ Brown. Add PJ Brown, Payton, and Lue. Now you have another three-peat in the making :jam2: All those other cats you guys are speaking of will cost teh Lakers too much money. We need players who are willing to take second seat to Kobe and Shaq.

Spen1

Laker4Life :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Spen1

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Thu May 29, 2003 10:03 am

clublakers wrote:Lakers4Ever, I guess the Lakers have two choices... win now with Shaq as our focus or win later with Kobe as our focus.

If we are going to pound it into Shaq then there is no harm in bringing in a couple of experienced veterans for a couple of years. When Shaq is done in 2006 (in theory), then we start the youth movement around Kobe.

If we concede that Shaq is on his way out already (mentally and physically), then we should start the youth movement now and build around Kobe.

My vote is to steer clear of the older vets and to get more athletic now. Shaq can still have an impact in the paint while our perimeter get quicker. But, I don't call the shots.

Unfornutately, I believe the Mitch Kup will be looking for a quick fix for the now, which means Pippen, Payton, Malone, etc.
Because of the spotlight and the RING potential, the Lakers can get quality veterans at a bargain. It's not everyday you have a center like Shaq. Shaq shapes up and 3 more in a row.
GO LAKERS

"This game's in the refrigerator"
Chick-n-Stew

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 7:20 pm

Its good to hear good fan support from a variety of fans, back to the topic. I am praying for Payton, I prayed for Terry, Ratliff, Jim Jackson, Larry Hughes, Keon Clark etc. Maybe the Lord or at least Kupchak is finally listening.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

L.A. Times reports Lakers have Payton #1 on wish list

Postby dmaul on Thu May 29, 2003 7:34 pm

This would be an interesting acquistion to say the least. Imagine a defensive backcourt of "The Glove" and Kobe. Two first team all-defensive guards. That would be beyond sick.

But it begs the question -- what would be the fate of Fisher? He would certainly be held out there as trade bait for a PF or maybe even a high draft pick (just to get rid of the salary). You bring in Payton and possibly Lue, as rumored, and you already have a young potential up and comer in Pargo, there is no longer a need in Fisher. Payton more than makes up for Fisher's offense and is n times the defender that Fisher could ever be.

Personally, I hope this dream comes true. The Lakers don't need a PF per se. They just need a hardcore baller. A true third option. And the fact that this third option could play D is just that much sweeter.

Having strengths in other areas obscures your weaknesses. When was the last time the Lakers really had anyone remotely good at PF? I think never! Go back all the way back to the 80s and you won't be able to think of a good PF that the Lakers have had. You make up for it by having great players in other positions. Payton, at 35, still qualifies as one of the top three PGs in the game.

God, let this be true.
dmaul

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:21 pm

As far as I'm concerned Fish will not be lost in the offense. His offense will be greatly needed coming off the bench.
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:50 am

Danny Ainge wrote:As far as I'm concerned Fish will not be lost in the offense. His offense will be greatly needed coming off the bench.

yeah!
I love derek!
his treys
swishes on his jumpers!
:man11:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 30, 2003 5:44 pm

Though his defense can be a bit suspect at times.
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 8:35 pm

He can make great steals and get key rebounds on the defensive end doh
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:50 am

Fisher!!! OMG where was he in the spur series!!!! He couldnt hit an open jumper!!! If his jumpers are not goin in and gets burn on D, what good is he to the Lakers!!! I used to love the guy but he just doesnt have it anymore!!!

Lakers

Postby K1nGPh1L on Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:15 pm

i think moving Fisher to a backup PG would be the best idea, he owuld provide decent offense off the bench, and also the hardworking mentality. as for Lue and Pargo i would say HELL NO, they both have the same exact broke [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] game, and do not produce. i would keep rush over them anyday rush has the potential to develop into a player lyke MacGrady. Pargo has the potential to develop into a John stockton that doesnt pass aka worthless. Denver would probably go for a trade for horry and pargo, because they could cut them and have evern more money to sign their desired free agents[/b]
K1nGPh1L

Re: Lakers

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:44 pm

K1nGPh1L wrote:i think moving Fisher to a backup PG would be the best idea, he owuld provide decent offense off the bench, and also the hardworking mentality. as for Lue and Pargo i would say HELL NO, they both have the same exact broke [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] game, and do not produce. I would keep rush over them anyday rush has the potential to develop into a player lyke MacGrady. Pargo has the potential to develop into a John stockton that doesnt pass aka worthless. Denver would probably go for a trade for horry and pargo, because they could cut them and have evern more money to sign their desired free agents[/b]

what are you SMOK-IN ?.... LOL... cause I want some
:man9: :man9: :man9:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:54 am

Rush has potential but will never be T-Mac, he will be anywhere from a V. Lenard (worst) to a michael redd (most likely) to an Allan Houston (best he can get). I doubt Kareem can do better, one thing he will have and thats a RING, unless he gets traded.
Laker brain

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion