PAYTON IN, FISHER OUT?OF L.A?

PAYTON IN, FISHER OUT?OF L.A?

Postby self made on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:13 pm

OKAY NOW THAT WE WILL GET PAYTON, THINK ABOUT IT HOW MANY MINUTES WILL HE WANT TO PLAY 30-35, THAT LEAVES WITH AT LEAST 15 MINUTES OF PT FOR FISH AND PARGO, I REALLY THINK FISHER SHOULD DESERVE TO PLAY MORE MINUTES,MFOR ANOTHER TEAM. THIS WOULD ALLOW THE LAKERS TO BRING IN PARGO SLOWLY BEHIND GP. I LOVE FISHER AND I APPRECIATE ALL HE'S DONE FOR THE ORGANIZATION. BUT IF ITS POSSIBLE MAYBE WE CAN OFFER A PACKAGE DEAL OF FISHER AND FOX FOR A DECENT BACKUP FOR SHAQ. OR MAYBE TRADE FISHER FOR A YOUNG BIG MAN AND SOME PICKS.

WHAT ABOUT THIS: FISHER TO MILWAKEE
DAN GADZURIC AND SOME PICKS TO L.A
OKAY DAN WILL BE IN HIS 2ND YEAR, HE IS A GOOD 7'0 FEET AND HAS SHOWN PROMISE, HE BRINGS IN GREAT HUSTLE AND GOOD IN SIDE PRESENCE AND DEFENSIVE PRESENCE, I THINK HE WAS IN THE TOP 5 BLOCKS FOR ROOKIES LAST SEASON AVERAGIN AT LEAST ONE A GAME.

WHAT DO YOU FELLOW LAKER FANS THINK, GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS AND IDEAS.
self made

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:30 pm

Hell no. Getting rid of Fisher or George (like alot of people say) is the stupidest thing the Laker organization could do...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:09 am

Um, we still need to have some back-up guards... and we all know how Phil likes to have experienced veterans playing under him - in other words, Pargo and Rush still aren't going to cut it as the only back-ups. I think that Phil actually likes the way that Fish plays, and I don't think, unless they scrounge around for some other guard that would be efficient enough, that he's going to be leaving. :jam2:
Lakerqueen

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:13 am

Fisher, Pargo, and Payton.

Are you crazy? Pargo is a great guard. He proved himself when pressure was highest in the playoffs last year and he has been playing great in the SPL.

Fisher is my boy, and Payton, well were in very good shape.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:17 am

Well it's weird that Goodwin, Payton's agent, said that Payton was intrigued with playing with Kobe, Shaq and Fisher. That was kind of weird to read at first. But maybe that implies that Gary is content with goin to the bench to rest up for the fourth quarter. That way he does play the critical minutes and still can rely on Fisher to still carry the load once he goes to the bench. Shredding his minutes will not only make him more energized for the crucial minutes (like the fourth quarter) but also will prolong his career so that he can demand a multiyear deal and fullfil it. Also ESPN's SportCenter reported that Fisher had reported that he would welcome Payton and would love to play with him or as his back-up. I think Fisher should stay, which does limit Pargo, but Fisher still has alot in him especially if he comes off the bench. I definitely agree that we need a decent big man to back-up Shaq and all him at least 12 minutes a game to rest on the bench.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:31 am

Maybe Kobe can rotate to the 3 spot, and GP play 2, and Fish the 1 when the time comes during games... Cuz if u look at it in another sence, Walton prolly wouldnt get that much time at the 3 spot anyway cuz he's a rookster...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:45 am

Walton will be lucky to get much time at all simply because of his rookie status.
Lakerqueen

Postby lakers frizzo on Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:03 am

when d fish was coming off the bench in the first two title we were unstopable cause he would come in and hit some threes and played good d against either a backup pg or an exausted starter and payton is twice the player that harper was all i can say is that this will be a fun season to watch!!!!
and i dont mean to harp but i was the first one to post that payton and malone would come to the lakers for rings. i posted it a good three hours before the la times article came out that said that if gp signed that malone would too and even though it hasnt happened yet i had faith that we would i also think we arent done yet and that pippen will jump on the bandwagon for the vm and finish his career with the coach that made him an all star and barry will take the lle to give us another threat from the three point line late in the game and he can play defence and already knows the triangle.

i think we got lucky but ill take it......
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby prof_tolomi on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:39 am

"The Fish" stays in "The Lake", playa, buh-leev dat! :man11: He played a great part in those 3 straight titles. He did this :shootb: and this :shootc: and this :shootd: as he once shot 15 of 20 from downtown in the playoffs. "The Fish" ain't for fishin' :nono5: , brother! :slimer:
prof_tolomi

Postby fletchwon on Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:44 am

Steve Smith would be a perfect back up guard.
He's big, the way Phil likes 'em, and is smart and can shoot the 3. (even more important now to give Malone & Shaq room in the post)

Anyone know what he's planning on doing now? Is he going to retire? Go back to the Hawks?
fletchwon

Fish stays

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:54 am

I do not think Lakers will deal Fish off. He will make a good back-up becaus were up by 8 he comes in knocks in 3's man we are set and he is more experienced then most back ups. Self made should have used your head on this one. I think its a stupid idea.

** don't want to give bad luck___ WHAT IF THERE IS A INJURY TO GP< I DO NOT WANT PARGO STARTING(I personnaly don't think he is that good- YET!

maybe in summer league he is good, but what major stars his he playing against?

A: no one :man7:
Shaq Fan

Deal Fish?

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:58 am

Dealing Fisher would be the stupidest thing you could possibly do. Why would you want to do this? Because we now have a good point guard? The reason the Sacramento Kings were successful this year (only Webber's injury prevented them from winning the championship) is because of their depth. Even with Karl Malone signing, we still don't have a very deep team. The only position at which we have depth right now? Point guard.

We need to keep it that way especially the way point guards have torn us up defensively in the past. At the price, DFish is a perfect fit, knows the triangle, can hit the 3, and is a tough player who picks up charges.
LakersFan2003

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:08 am

Fish is going to be worth his weight in gold coming off the bench. PJ will have alot of options with a two guard backcourt or Payton starting and Fish off the bench. That is where he needs to be, he will provide what the Lakers were lacking last year... consistant bench production.
MIKEDOG

Postby Knights on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:16 am

Fish is staying, especially if GP signs the MLE!!! :man1:
Knights

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:07 am

First let me say hello to everyone. This is my first post on CL, even though I have been reading on the site for quite some time and I just now decided to jump into the fray.

There is no way Fish should be traded. Do you really want to him come back to Staples with another team and rain three's down on the Lakers? He can still shoot and play decent defense. And besides I like Fish. Hard nosed guy, hard to find in the league.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:40 pm

That's right... I wouldnt wanna lose Fish. He can still hang in there with the shorter guards, and he has his strength advantage over the rest of them too, he just needs playes set up to his advantage. He'll be good at postin up guards, and kickin it out to open men, or just take the fade away over them too.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby zetaw00d on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:03 pm

Fish is a good back up to Payton!!!! Why would you want to lose someone that can make your bench deeper!!
zetaw00d

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:09 pm

Precisely. Also, why would you want to leave your only back-up guards (at this point anyway) as Pargo and Rush? Those two guys hardly have any experience. We need some seasoned veterans of the triangle offense.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:11 pm

Which is why Pargo and Rush really didn't get minutes behind the vets..
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:14 pm

Definitely.... So I'm saying we need to keep Fisher around or the only vet we will have in the triangle is Kobe. That doesn't do much for depth.
Lakerqueen

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:15 pm

We don't need to get rid Fisher. He will be one of our best bench players and will be able to give us his explosiveness when we need it, the difference between the Fisher that came of the bench for Harper and the one that will be coming off the bench for GP is this one is a lot better, he has developed and matured a good bit. He could be in the top 5 bench players in the league come next season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby L.A. Dynasty on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:23 pm

The Fish keeps swimming in the big pond baby! He brings heart and championship experience to the table and it'd be hard to replace that.
"What matters is the name on the front of your jersey."
- Kobe Bryant (Start listening to your own quotes you big baby!)
L.A. Dynasty

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:39 pm

Yeah keep Fish and give him a chance to make the Spurs cry next year when we sweep them right out of the playoffs :man6: We simply got robbed this year because of key injuries, but next year I want all the teams to be completely healthy so when we destroy them its even sweeter.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SWOL on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:26 pm

UNLESS WE COULD PAKAGE FISH KAREEM WITH A #1 TO GET STOMILE SWIFT OUTTA MEMPHIS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Ummm....

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:35 pm

swolswol wrote:UNLESS WE COULD PAKAGE FISH KAREEM WITH A #1 TO GET STOMILE SWIFT OUTTA MEMPHIS

No offense, but that is one of the dumbest things I've heard regarding Lakers transactions as of late.

Exactly WHY would you want to do this? What benefit would it serve? Man....
LakersFan2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion