Payton Update

Payton Update

Postby TheZen on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:07 am

Aaron Goodwin the agent for Gary Payton spoke at length with Laker’s GM Mitch Kupchak this weekend, after the meeting he said Payton would be giving the Lakers a decision within the next 48 hours. Goodwin also mentioned to media that he’d like to see the Milwaukee Bucks facilitate a sign and trade with Gary, which would likely be to the Lakers should he decide that's where he’d like to be. Sources close to the Lakers say Shaquille O’Neal has been in regular contact with Payton since the free agency period began, and both are planning workouts together through out the summer. Printed reports suggest that Payton and Lakers VP “Magic� Johnson have been talking a lot as well since July 1st, and that both Magic and Shaq are telling people it’s a lock Gary is a Laker, it’s just how does the contract get done and at what price. Gary Payton is said to have spoken at some length with Phil Jackson on Friday afternoon. It seems like all but a lock that Payton becomes a Laker.

Everything looks really good right about now...
TheZen

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:56 am

I hope Gary whips Shaq into shape!!! Im not crazy about Karl Malone thou....if we can sign and trade for gary, then we can still use the 4.5 on PJ Brown, There is only one basketball, it can be shared far easier with PJ instead of Karl....Piak for the LLE

1 Glove / Pargo (assuming Fish is a part of sign and trade)
2 Kobe / Kareem Rush / Piakowski
3 Deaven / Luke (Fox and #1 in sign and trade)
4 PJ Brown / Slava / Cook
5 Diesel / (Kemp, Scott Williams, or whoever)

I just dont see enough balls to go around with 4 .... 20ppg scorers
this looks much better to me
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby la21834 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:21 pm

I would love to see Gary in purple and gold,But I will belive it when I see it. As for the Mailman I truely belive that he will sign
la21834

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:03 pm

can i please have a link to the article? I want to show it to some ppl...
murcielago62

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:13 pm

Here's a link to a similar article posted by the L.A. Time's.

It quotes Paytons agent as saying:

Of all the possible destinations for his client, Goodwin said, "If I was a betting guy, I'd say the most attractive place for Gary is in L.A."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... nba-lakers
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Return to Lakers Discussion