Peeler prob. out of question.

Peeler prob. out of question.

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:54 am

It has been reported Peeler's agent and Raptors officials are close to finalizing a contract.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:03 pm

at least that will mean no more "Peeler has good D" posts to try to convince the rest of us that we should sign him
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Peeler out of LakeTown

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:10 pm

There is no chance Anthony Peeler would be joining the Lakers at this point. He's on the verge of joining Toronto; it's just that they would probably finalize the deals tomorrow. No chance, no chance. Either way, he'd probably be backing up Kobe, and that would do harm to the development of Kareem Rush, the other shooting guard who may just need minutes to prove himself. Peeler wants minutes too; the best situation for that may just be in Toronto. The Peeler signing may indicate that Toronto may not want Voshon Lenard, who's a free agent, anymore; that's good news for the Lakers, now, since Voshon is younger and brings more scoring punch. That may hurt Kareem's d-velopment likewise, but in case Kobe misses out a few games, Lenard may not be a bad option at all to replace him in the starting lineup.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby echo nation on Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:13 pm

Voshon Lenard's alright... i like him back in the day when he was with Miami

i want to see more of Rush tho, so im not exaclty excied about getting a veteran 2... i'd want to sign somone not as good as rush...
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:18 pm

JJ would be better, because he can play 2 and 3...so if Kobe's trial goes long, he can step in the starting line up and have Rush back him...and if Rick is taking too long to recover and Devean is better coming off the bench then he can start at the 3. I just think that if JJ played for the min. in Sacramento, then why wouldn't he play for the min. here and have a shot at the championship...I really think he'll see playing time and won't get buried on the bench...so he can say that he contributed to our championship and didn't have to ride anybody's cottails to get it. JJ is the best pick out there and Mitch should get him for the min.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion