Personally:This is a bigger loss to me than Magic '91

Re: Personally:This is a bigger loss to me than Magic '91

Postby DarthRekal on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 am

i agree with TW.. on the scope.. basketball wise... some of you.. are bringing (understandably) the humanity impact magic had...

basketball wise this has the potential to be just as big.. LAKERcentric
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby dj vitus on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 am

I didn't become a fan until '95, so personally, I'm in the same boat that this feels like the biggest Laker loss to me, esp if he doesn't come back.

Before that, I did hear about Magic, and that definitely had a huge impact on me, at least in terms of humanity. And it probably would have been bigger had I followed the Showtime Era.

But regardless, I don't want to make comparisons... Out of the history of the game, and as much as I've watched and have been a part of, this has got to be the biggest loss for me.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Re: This is a bigger loss than Magic ...

Postby Juronimo on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:02 pm

gcclaker wrote:Personally, for me this is more on the same level as 1984 and 2008...

Good comparison.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:12 pm

even if we're just talking ball and not the HIV impact, when magic left the team, they were left with a backup PG thrust into a starting role, a still developing vlade, a version of james worthy that was starting to fall apart, and certainly no other pieces that commanded any type of double team or real concern from the opponent.

at least now, we have dwight to start putting pieces around.

also, i believe kobe will be back in 5-ish months so he can beat the 6 month expectation. even if he misses some time early next year, it's an opportunity for pau and dwight to carry the team,a confidence boost i think they both need
Pig Miller

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion