Phil Jackson Appreciation Thread

Re: Phil Jackson Appreciation Thread

Postby Lqv2015 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm

I bet he's more appreciated now isn't he? Jim really screwed the pooch with this coach decision.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby frankrj on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:37 am

2 championships and another finals appearance during Phil's 2nd reign not good enough to overcome D'Antoni's offensive prowess which he displayed so well in NY. And while were are at it, let's pass on Brian Shaw too - Jim Buss. No need to get Phil when you got a defensive stopper in the middle and Pau or a system that has proved itself to win. Mike Brown was a few possessions to getting to the WC finals. It's like scrapping all your winning stocks that performed well and going for one that has never performed up to their standards. It makes no sense.
frankrj

Postby nameant on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 am

We CHOSE Mike D'Antoni. :man10:
nameant

Postby TaniBoyz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 am

nameant wrote:We CHOSE Mike D'Antoni. :man10:

but people kept telling me he is the better fit and we gonna have exciting basketball?!?! :man1: :man10:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Last edited by TaniBoyz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TaniBoyz

Postby John3:16 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 am

I miss Phil.

That is all.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 am

to all of you who favored hiring dan tony over phil
:man10: :man10: :man10:

that is all. jim buss F'd this team for years to come by hiring this clown
432J

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am

How it all went down was one of the more excruciating moments for me as a Lakers fan. It was a complete train wreck. It was more than that actually but this is a family friendly forum so I can't really let out the series of expletives it would take to truly express my feelings on the subject. But yeah, it was a travesty.

In the meantime, the thing that galls me more than anything is that they just didn't do any due diligence in this coaching hire. They didn't really last time either, Jimbo just fell in love with Mike Brown and his DVD's and convinced the other two to hire him over Adelman who they were leaning to for the gig. There was no rush that summer but he completely rushed it thinking that Brown was going to get snatched up by Golden State.

This time there was more urgency but they still could have taken some time to actually interview several candidates. As Bernie proved, he was more than capable of sitting in as interim head coach. The guy's been around forever as a head coach in this league so they were in good hands.

The part that annoys me the most is that they obviously had D' Antoni chosen off the bat and just did not give anyone else a chance - not Phil, that was for show and they did him and us as fans dirty.

But what about Sloan, what about Nate McMillan? I would have taken either of those guys over D' Antoni in a heartbeat. Neither one of those guys were contacted or interviewed. Just like last time, they were stuck on one guy and didn't really do their diligence at all.

This hire had a greater magnitude than the Brown one. It was a chance to correct the previous mistake. Instead they made another one.

The horrid part of the fall out was that they had no compunction in dragging us fans and Phil through the mud. What a complete screw up. It takes some real skills to screw things up as badly as they did.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:17 am

WE WANT PHIL WE WANT PHIL!!!!!!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion