Phil Jackson executive producer of new Showtime drama

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ime-drama/

What is Phil Jackson going to do during his retirement?

How about become an executive producer? He still lives much of the year in Los Angeles, after all.

Showtime is producing a new hour-long series about a family that runs a professional basketball team (sound familiar?) and Jackson, his fiancee Jeanie Buss, Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis and his wife all are attached as executive producers, reports Variety (via Reddit).

Ron Shelton, the creative talent behind such noted sports movies as “Bull Durham,” “Tin Cup” and “White Men Can’t Jump,” will write, direct and exec produce the project.

Jeanie Buss, the senior vice president of the Los Angeles Lakers and Linda Rambis will executive produce via production company Street Reason Entertainment.

This has the potential to be good. As we have seen in recent years when creative people are given some freedom on cable networks to explore their vision as they see fit, we get some great television. Shelton has talent, what happens if he gets turned loose?

Now, if this new show’s comic relief is the slow-witted brother in a baseball cap who keeps screwing up the fictional team, we will know Phil and Jeanie got script input.
Basketball Fan

Re: Phil Jackson executive producer of new Showtime drama

Postby Snake Eyes on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 am

Cool! I actually hope it is more of a serious affair along the lines of Any Given Sunday, Moneyball, or ESPN's Playmakers ... but basketball.
Snake Eyes

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

WTF!! Now we have the "Kardashians" culture and effect going on with the front office. Perfect.

:bang: :bang:

Just the first, not well reasoned thought that popped into my dome.

Apologies for two posts within a couple of minutes starting with "WTF. But....very versatile and very descriptive.
LTLakerFan

Postby Harrison5394 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:15 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:WTF!! Now we have the "Kardashians" culture and effect going on with the front office. Perfect.

Apologies for two posts within a couple of minutes starting with "WTF. But....very versatile and very descriptive.

Grow up. You sound like an embarrassing child. It's a drama being produced for cable tv. This has nothing to do with the lakers front office and their basketball operations.

Quit jumping to conclusions and think before you post. It's this empty logic, sensationalist garbage that gives Laker fans the reputation of being spoiled, unreasonable nitwits.

You should worry less about what Phil Jackson does with his free time and learn how to convey a valid argument. I'm not sure why you even bothered to post. With that attitude, I doubt anybody takes you seriously or puts any value whatsoever in what you say.
Harrison5394

Postby jbiggs on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm

:boxing1:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby bigdog2013 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Kinda strange that Phil, Jeannie, Linda, Kurt are involved in a tv show. They should focus their energy on getting kobe to take a paycut next year.
bigdog2013

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Harrison5394 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:WTF!! Now we have the "Kardashians" culture and effect going on with the front office. Perfect.

Grow up. You sound like an embarrassing child. It's a drama being produced for cable tv. This has nothing to do with the lakers front office and their basketball operations.

Quit jumping to conclusions and think before you post. It's this empty logic, sensationalist garbage that gives Laker fans the reputation of being spoiled, unreasonable nitwits.

You should worry less about what Phil Jackson does with his free time and learn how to convey a valid argument. I'm not sure why you even bothered to post. With that attitude, I doubt anybody takes you seriously or puts any value whatsoever in what you say.

Pot meet kettle. Over react much? Here I highlighted the line for you to not take the post seriously as I did not. How much have you contributed around here in the last 4 years with your 14 posts to take such offense at a non issue.
LTLakerFan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 am

fight fight fight
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 am

Hopefully that's not the only Showtime he assists :man1:
lakersin4

Postby Harrison5394 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Harrison5394 wrote:

Pot meet kettle. Over react much? Here I highlighted the line for you to not take the post seriously as I did not. How much have you contributed around here in the last 4 years with your 14 posts to take such offense at a non issue.

You don't react well to being called out. Watch what you say, and don't get so surprised when people don't agree with you. Grow up little boy. Hopefully your opinions will follow.
Harrison5394

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 am

Enough.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 am

Harrison5394 wrote:You don't react well to being called out. Watch what you say, and don't get so surprised when people don't agree with you. Grow up little boy. Hopefully your opinions will follow.

OK now I know where this is coming from. And like I said.... Hello "Pot" Let's take a look at your extensive history of "mature" and "value added" posts over 4 1/2 years. LMAO!

The most recent I called you on this gem below with "Dude! :man3: :man3: :man3: :bricks: "
Seems you don't react well to being called out.

Harrison5394 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:24 pm
"This sounds so disgusting. The white jerseys are abysmal as it is. They're supposed to be a tribute to Chick, but they completely crap on the Purple and Gold legacy. They're classless trash that easily ranks as one of the leagues worst jerseys. Now they're going from bad to worse. Those sunday whites are the worst thing Jeanie has ever done. Clearly she has no taste whatsoever. Keep that tacky slob away from our jerseys and go back to no gimmicks."

And working backward over the short list:

"This isn't a Lakers forum, it's a Kobe forum. It's funny how many of you will just disappear from being Lakers fans once Kobe retires. Pathetic marks."
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

"Stu never has the balls to say anything bad about Kobe. He's not brave at all."
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

"Stu is garbage. They need to bring John Ireland and Michael Thompson up from radio ASAP.

The Lakers current TV team is probably the worst combo they've ever had."
Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm

"All the blind PJ supporters in this thread are giant nuthuggers who hardly know anything about the intricacies of the game.

BUT BUT BBUUTTTT HE HAS RINGSSSS!

It's 2012, the triangle is more irrelevant than Kevin Garnett."
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

"We need to get Ireland on TV and the Lakers need to keep him there LONG TERM."
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59pm

(With quote of gif showing Magic eating popcorn)
"This is how I feel having TWC. As for the rest of you... Sucks to suck."
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31pm

Re: New Lakers Christmas Jerseys?
"Gross. Give up the white jerseys. Seriously disgusting. The white & gold we already have are a big enough insult to Laker tradition. Nice to see this franchise feels that it has to fit in with the rest of the league..."
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Who's the Best Player in the Team ?
"Dwight is and it's not even close. Kobe could still play legendary basketball this season if he HEAVILY adjusts his shot selections."
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:54pm

"This is a no brainer. Kobe's shot selection has been garbage the past two seasons. He's the reason we lost this year, and his abomination of a contract is what's gonna keep us from contention for the next 2 years. This isn't a Lakers forum though, its a Kobe fan forum so obviously the truth doesn't fly here."
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm

"The better players usually turn out to be garbage coaches.

Can you imagine Kobe as a coach? It would be atrocious."
Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 am

2010 Finals Blu-Ray on the way!
"Hey guys, I lurk all the time here but never post. When I saw this I thought it'd be good to let everyone know since we were all pissed it wasn't coming intially. Looks pretty cool though, has all 7 games in their entirety."
Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

So you're 2 for 15 with well thought out, "accurate", "constructive" posts, with a batting average of

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Harrison5394 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Harrison5394 wrote:You don't react well to being called out. Watch what you say, and don't get so surprised when people don't agree with you. Grow up little boy. Hopefully your opinions will follow.

OK now I know where this is coming from. And like I said.... Hello "Pot" Let's take a look at your extensive history of "mature" and "value added" posts over 4 1/2 years. LMAO!

The most recent I called you on this gem below with "Dude! :man3: :man3: :man3: :bricks: "
Seems you don't react well to being called out.

Harrison5394 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:24 pm
"This sounds so disgusting. The white jerseys are abysmal as it is. They're supposed to be a tribute to Chick, but they completely crap on the Purple and Gold legacy. They're classless trash that easily ranks as one of the leagues worst jerseys. Now they're going from bad to worse. Those sunday whites are the worst thing Jeanie has ever done. Clearly she has no taste whatsoever. Keep that tacky slob away from our jerseys and go back to no gimmicks."

And working backward over the short list:

"This isn't a Lakers forum, it's a Kobe forum. It's funny how many of you will just disappear from being Lakers fans once Kobe retires. Pathetic marks."
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

"Stu never has the balls to say anything bad about Kobe. He's not brave at all."
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

"Stu is garbage. They need to bring John Ireland and Michael Thompson up from radio ASAP.

The Lakers current TV team is probably the worst combo they've ever had."
Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm

"All the blind PJ supporters in this thread are giant nuthuggers who hardly know anything about the intricacies of the game.

BUT BUT BBUUTTTT HE HAS RINGSSSS!

It's 2012, the triangle is more irrelevant than Kevin Garnett."
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

"We need to get Ireland on TV and the Lakers need to keep him there LONG TERM."
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59pm

(With quote of gif showing Magic eating popcorn)
"This is how I feel having TWC. As for the rest of you... Sucks to suck."
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31pm

Re: New Lakers Christmas Jerseys?
"Gross. Give up the white jerseys. Seriously disgusting. The white & gold we already have are a big enough insult to Laker tradition. Nice to see this franchise feels that it has to fit in with the rest of the league..."
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Who's the Best Player in the Team ?
"Dwight is and it's not even close. Kobe could still play legendary basketball this season if he HEAVILY adjusts his shot selections."
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:54pm

"This is a no brainer. Kobe's shot selection has been garbage the past two seasons. He's the reason we lost this year, and his abomination of a contract is what's gonna keep us from contention for the next 2 years. This isn't a Lakers forum though, its a Kobe fan forum so obviously the truth doesn't fly here."
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm

"The better players usually turn out to be garbage coaches.

Can you imagine Kobe as a coach? It would be atrocious."
Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 am

2010 Finals Blu-Ray on the way!
"Hey guys, I lurk all the time here but never post. When I saw this I thought it'd be good to let everyone know since we were all pissed it wasn't coming intially. Looks pretty cool though, has all 7 games in their entirety."
Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

So you're 2 for 15 with well thought out, "accurate", "constructive" posts, with a batting average of

:man10:

Every last one of those is a masterpiece by Michelangelo compared to your Skrillex ramblings, fueled with racist undertones.

You got shook baby gurl
Harrison5394

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:31 am

2 for 16 now = .125

But batting 1.25 with the "embarrassing child", "little boy", "racist" and "baby gurl" blasts in only 3 posts here.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 am

Seriously you two. That's enough. One more post and I've got to hand out warnings. You can't attack each other that way. Lay off.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion