Phil Jackson = Greatest Coach Ever

Phil Jackson = Greatest Coach Ever

Postby BDG on Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:04 pm

phil jackson is simply the greatest coach of all time. possibly the greatest coach of any professional sports team. the two reasons are this: jackson never reveals his game plan during the regular season, and he plays psychological mind games with his opponents. i bet you he could have won every game against the spurs, mavs and kings this year, but here's why-- he doesn't use his full strategies until playoff time.

if you remember, mark madsen was giving webber a hard time during (i think) the lakers & kings' third meeting of the season. then, madsen suddenly vanished from the game after lakers finally took the lead. he doesn't want to have webber get accustomed to madsen's style of play. do you see how many players they keep a secret for a year or two and then all of a sudden begin to use them. a great example of this would be jannero pargo. he had barely played a game until the final quarter of the season. all of a sudden, jackson puts him into the rotation, to give the lakers a defensive and quickness boost to their game. of course, by the time the lakers' opponents get a good scouting report on him, the playoffs are over.

and also, one example of his mind games are shown from last years memorable series with the kings. i remember it was game six and they were interviewing adelman on nbc during the game (u know where they put the guy talking in a box in the corner while the game is playing?). anyway, jackson had said something like " the kings can afford to lose game six, because they're ahead 3-2." adelman played it off like it didnt mean anything to him though. im no psychologist but ill bet u that those comments played with the QUEENS' heads and the three-peat came about after that.

that's why phil jackson is the greatest coach of all time. he stays calm and cool and he never loses his head.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby clublakers on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:55 am

All good reasons, but his knock is that he has never developed a player. Superstars have always been handed to him. That might be true with Shaq and a ton of role players that have come and gone, but not with Jordan and Kobe.

I think Phil has made Kobe a better player because of the reasons you gave above. Kobe has the competitive passion to absorb what Phil says and does, and has really adopted the same demeanor in working with the press.

Kobe's eyes really light up during the playoffs because of the focus on a single team and the strategy involved. Kobe takes great pride in executing Phil's strategy, and greater pride keeping the details away from the press and the opponents until June.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:02 am

I agree
You could say Phil has had success because of his superstars
but he was the one that blended their talents togethter, the only one that was successful to blend shaq and kobe, and pippen and jordans talent into one unstoppable force. Before Phil came Shaq and Kobe were still on The lakers, and they didnt win anything, but the year Phil came things changed
So in simpler terms its like: SHAQ+KOBE+PHIL= ring
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:18 am

well well, i guess you litttle perky laker fans actually forgot that kobe never went to college
hes useless

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:27 pm

YO!! SUK-RAMENTO FAN!! Win a dam championship before you talk... I'm sick and tired of these Queens stepping into our forum and talking all that smack, but don't got a ring to back it up. WIN IT FROM US FIRST, then come back and talk to us. :mad1:
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:33 pm

i like that! SUKRAMENTO fan!
haha :man10:
yeah, it aint no thing if you aint got a ring
WEBBER NEVER WENT TO COLLEGE YOU KNOW
and yeah, at least we have rings
and at least our team is honest to us
if they promise a ring, they will get it
unlike your queen liahs, year after year say , we'll be back next year.........
LIAH! :mad1:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:39 pm

we will win this year
kings rule you losers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:well well, i guess you litttle perky laker fans actually forgot that kobe never went to college
hes useless

:boxing1:
Why do u keep sayin the same things in all the posts??? Can u come with somethin new to say about the Lakers, and not the same ole same ole..?? We all know Kobe didn't go to college and neither did KG or T-Mac and they are all in contention for the league's MVP this season...

So sayin someone is useless cuz they didnt go to college doesn't stand..

LMAO :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:01 pm

yeah
lakers have the rings and until you get one, shut your freaking hole :bang:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion