Is Phil Jackson the stupidest man alive?

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 6:36 pm

Winning the debate against me?? Nah there was never a debate we were just posting on the points of view we see it as. There's no right or wrong conclusions we can declare about this, and you can't knock someone like Steve who wanted to post what he wanted to post. Sure he made childish remarks, but maybe that's the way he has to be to get his point across. I can say you're just a PJ hata who think he knows what the hell he's talkin about, but I wont cuz that's not me. Phil's way seemed to work in the past with the triangle and his method of coaching, and sure Phil may "seem" to not care whats goin at at times, but we dont know whats goin through his head, or what happens at practices, or anything like that. We see what is shown on TV and we commentate on what we as viewers see... Sure we may not see the same thing, cuz it's not about "winning debates" cuz there's no logical explanation to any methods of coaching for a team to be successful. All we can do is give our opinion on what WE as viewers see... :bow:

well there lies the problem then.....when I make a remark on a message board I am under the impression that I'm starting the flood gates for a debate. That's what I enjoy....if you enjoy just voicing your opinion then by all means go ahead....I'll read them and enjoy them.....and leave it as that....

It takes a little while for posters to get use to each others personalities. I've been away for awhile do to personal reasons, but I'll be making visits frequently from now on. All the old timers know me and know how I post....I'm not your average cheering fan, I like to get a little more in depth.....to a point that I am known as a wannabe GM. CL even called me Jeannie Buss once because I worry about the Lakers financial restrains so much. DA has also wondered about me and why I bash the lakers so much......I call it tough love if you want to give it a name....

All that said, I'm as true of a Laker Fan as you'll ever see. Cut my heart open and it will bleed purple and gold....hope that helps us (and others) be on the same page in the future...
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:40 pm

See i know where you're comin from... it's all gravy baby!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Skillz08Lakeshow! on Thu May 08, 2003 8:14 pm

Phil is a great coach..... Don't turn on him because of one game. Hang in there we will be fine.... The supporting cast has to step up especially Big time Rob... He needs to start taking shots in stead of passing it off. He needs to bring back his houston days. He has to be the third scorer out there.
Skillz08Lakeshow!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 8:30 pm

Skillz08Lakeshow! wrote:Phil is a great coach..... Don't turn on him because of one game. Hang in there we will be fine.... The supporting cast has to step up especially Big time Rob... He needs to start taking shots in stead of passing it off. He needs to bring back his houston days. He has to be the third scorer out there.

It seems like Horry lost his confidence or something. But don't u worry, he'll get it back when he gains it all back. They all need to get that fire in their eyes cuz game 3 is on the line! We need to come back victorious!!
LakersGyrl2003

HOrry

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 4:38 am

I wholeheartedly agree that it looks like Horry has lost all confidence in his shot. My question is this: If you have 5 rings in 10 years and are known as a decent 3 point shooter and one of the all-time great clutch shooters, how can you lose your confidence?

I'm an average b-ball player (HS and AF intramural player for 15 years). I've missed my fair share of shots. But I ALWAYS believe the next one is going in. I'm sure Kobe could miss 100 shots and wouldn't hesitate to put up number 101. Horry has to shoot. Miss it... who cares. Everyone misses.

HORRY - WE NEED YOU! SHOOT THE ROCK!

Re: HOrry

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 5:44 am

kobegotskillz wrote:I wholeheartedly agree that it looks like Horry has lost all confidence in his shot. My question is this: If you have 5 rings in 10 years and are known as a decent 3 point shooter and one of the all-time great clutch shooters, how can you lose your confidence?

I'm an average b-ball player (HS and AF intramural player for 15 years). I've missed my fair share of shots. But I ALWAYS believe the next one is going in. I'm sure Kobe could miss 100 shots and wouldn't hesitate to put up number 101. Horry has to shoot. Miss it... who cares. Everyone misses.

HORRY - WE NEED YOU! SHOOT THE ROCK!

Yea, but usually Horry takes quick 3's when the triangle isn't even set yet, and that's why his confidence is prolly low right about now. But he took those same shots in a game in the 1st round, only difference is that he made those... It's aight if he misses, as long as he's there right back on D to make something happen!
LakersGyrl2003

Laker Pride...

Postby Brainwiz on Sat May 10, 2003 2:47 pm

Hey dude, PLEASE don't call yourself a Laker fan... You've got to be the BIGGEST idiot here... ONE game after 9 rings (soon to be 10) and you're ripping Phil???... PLEASE think before posting stupid messages...
Brainwiz

reply to brainwizz

Postby Steve on Sat May 10, 2003 3:37 pm

Thanks for tellin it like it is brainwizz. This lakerpride yahoo thinks he knows the game better than Phil. Give me a friggin break.
But I guess all armchair quarterbacks are the same. When the Lakers come back and take care of SA, Im gonna rip this fairweather fan a new a-hole. There is an old saying that this pride ding dong never heard of.
It goes "Better to have people think your a friggin moron, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt". Hey Pride, you dig where Im comin from? When us loyal,true(thru thick and thin) fans are celebrating our 4th ring, you better be in the corner,sittin on the chair with your dunce cap on. And dont even think about trying to debate me, cause Ill bury you into the ground. That said, I hope I got my point across.
Thank You.
Steve #1 Laker Fan :nono5:
Steve

stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] :man7:

Postby Briandogg on Sat May 10, 2003 4:20 pm

Ok guys, listen, Jackson is arguably the best coach to ever coach the game. No one here can talk any crap about Jackson, for he does a better job than anyone in the league right now. You ask: why doesn't Phil show any emotion when the refs make a bad call? Are you dumb, why would he gripe and yell @ the refs...he has taught his players, and they are some of the wisest in the league, that when they are fouled to approach the refs in a manner where they dont feel thereatened, and many times it has worked. The refs do take into consideration what the players say to them....when they do it in a respectable manner. Also, it is kind of funny when the Lakers are winning, many people talk to highly of the lakers....but when they lose 2 games in a row in one of the toughest stadiums in the league...everyone starts pointing the finger at Phil. Let phil do his f@*&ing job. Also, as far a putting B-shaw in the game...it is all because of his knowledge of the game. Kareem rush cant go in the game from the get-go because he would turn the ball over too much. It isnt fair to Rush, or Pargo for that matter, to be inserted into the game during its toughest part. He is only a rookie!!! Remember what happened when Kobe was inserted in the fourth quarter his rookie season during game 4 and airballed 3 three-pointers. so hey, let Phil coach, and you (all jackson criticizers) just stick to being a fan. Jackson has a much better resume than you do.
Briandogg

Re: stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] :man7:

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 4:55 pm

Briandogg wrote:Ok guys, listen, Jackson is arguably the best coach to ever coach the game. No one here can talk any crap about Jackson, for he does a better job than anyone in the league right now. You ask: why doesn't Phil show any emotion when the refs make a bad call? Are you dumb, why would he gripe and yell @ the refs...he has taught his players, and they are some of the wisest in the league, that when they are fouled to approach the refs in a manner where they dont feel thereatened, and many times it has worked. The refs do take into consideration what the players say to them....when they do it in a respectable manner. Also, it is kind of funny when the Lakers are winning, many people talk to highly of the lakers....but when they lose 2 games in a row in one of the toughest stadiums in the league...everyone starts pointing the finger at Phil. Let phil do his f@*&ing job. Also, as far a putting B-shaw in the game...it is all because of his knowledge of the game. Kareem rush cant go in the game from the get-go because he would turn the ball over too much. It isnt fair to Rush, or Pargo for that matter, to be inserted into the game during its toughest part. He is only a rookie!!! Remember what happened when Kobe was inserted in the fourth quarter his rookie season during game 4 and airballed 3 three-pointers. so hey, let Phil coach, and you (all jackson criticizers) just stick to being a fan. Jackson has a much better resume than you do.

Great post!!! Phil handles himself very well on the sidelines, and knows how to deal with the refs. That's why I respect Madd Dogg so much, cuz when he gets fouled or gets a call on him, he doesn't complain one bit! He just comes in and does what he gots to do. And like you said, it isn't fair for Phil to put Kareem and Jannero in like that... I most def feel where you're coming from.... You go boi!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerPride on Sat May 10, 2003 10:01 pm

Steve wrote:
Thanks for tellin it like it is brainwizz. This lakerpride yahoo thinks he knows the game better than Phil. Give me a friggin break.
But I guess all armchair quarterbacks are the same. When the Lakers come back and take care of SA, Im gonna rip this fairweather fan a new a-hole. There is an old saying that this pride ding dong never heard of.
It goes "Better to have people think your a friggin moron, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt". Hey Pride, you dig where Im comin from? When us loyal,true(thru thick and thin) fans are celebrating our 4th ring, you better be in the corner,sittin on the chair with your dunce cap on. And dont even think about trying to debate me, cause Ill bury you into the ground. That said, I hope I got my point across.
Thank You.
Steve #1 Laker Fan :nono5:

Boy....please get the definition of a fairweather fan before you start spewing it around. If I was a fairweather fan "a-hole" I wouldn't waste my time pouring my guts out on a forum after a heart breaking loss. I would just follow the Ducks and forget all about the Lakers.

Plus, what would little cheerleader fans like you have to get their panties in a bunch for if it wasn't for posters like me? This forum would be a huge circle Jerk about the Lakers with a bunch of threads like...

"Phil is the smartest man alive. Kobe is god....Shaq is god....*splat*"

Burry me? You haven't even started to debate with me you homer. I have a feeling your just too STUPID to have a debate with anyway. Look at your posts. You have zero and I mean zero original thoughts of your own. Do you have a brain, or do you just like talking out of your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] without any reference to the subject at hand.

Man.....this board is really going down the toilet. What ever happend to the laker fans who were basketball fans first and wanted to talk about basketball? I make an arguement and give plenty of reasons to backup my arguement and then I get lynched by the Phil Jackson fan club who don't bother to counter any of my arguements. Need I remind you people that Phil Jackson is a god damn mercinary? He is here for one reason and one reason only......to get his and get the f out! You think Phil gives a damn about our precious Lakers? If you do your an idiot. He's the one that ran out the heart and sole of the Laker franchise....Jerry West.

Like I said......I'll be here when we get knocked out of the playoffs, and you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] we will eventually (meaning within a few years if not this year) get knocked out of the playoffs. Will you%for if it wasn't for posters like me? This forum would be a huge circle Jerk about the Lakers with a bunch of threads like...

"Phil is the smartest man alive. Kobe is god....Shaq is god....*splat*"

Burry me? You haven't even started to debate with me you homer. I have a feeling your just too STUPID to have a debate with anyway. Look at your posts. You have zero and I mean zero original thoughts of your own. Do you have a brain, or do you just like talking out of your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] without any reference to the subject at hand.

Man.....this board is really going down the toilet. What ever happend to the laker fans who were basketball fans first and wanted to talk about basketball? I make an arguement and give plenty of reasons to backup my arguement and then I get lynched by the Phil Jackson fan club who don't bother to counter any of my arguements. Need I remind you people that Phil Jackson is a god damn mercinary? He is here for one reason and one reason only......to get his and get the f out! You think Phil gives a damn about our precious Lakers? If you do your an idiot. He's the one that ran out the heart and sole of the Laker franchise....Jerry West.

Like I said......I'll be here when we get knocked out of the playoffs, and you can bet your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] we will eventually (meaning within a few years if not this year) get knocked out of the playoffs. Will you? My feeling is that your really the fairfeather fan....only here till the run ends and then you'll disapear and show up on a Spurs board....

So please Steve, do this board a favor, wash the skid marks out of your panties and calm the f down.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby BDG on Sat May 10, 2003 10:16 pm

see, this is why we should make everyone register... most guests make this site look bad
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Please Explain Laker Pride

Postby LakerNation on Sun May 11, 2003 6:45 am

LakerPride,

You said two things about PJ that I would like you to elaborate on.
First, why do you think PJ doesnt care about the Lakers and only wants to get his rings and then leave? PJ is dating Busses daughter, so I would think he has more than a passing intrest in ther Lakers. Second, how do you know that PJ ran Jerry West off? Was there a personality conflict here? PJ would have stayed loyal to the Bulls, but the owner was such a jerk, he couldnt handle him anymore. From the earlier posts that Ive been reading, you seem to have a personal vendetta against Phil Jackson.
We could always bring back Del Harris,Magic Johnson,Randy PFund,Kurt Rambis, or Dunleavy.
LakerNation

Dear LakerPride

Postby Briguy112184 on Sun May 11, 2003 7:15 pm

If I was the operator of this board, i would ban you. Man, your posts suck some major [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and they have no validity. Some of the stuff you talk about seems like you pull it straight out of your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], i mean, seriously. But i guess you will stop talking crap and hop back on the bandwagon since LA won game 4. Have some real Lakers pride for goodness sakes, or change your name.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

"I don't like this feeling. I hate this feeling. I don't ever want to feel it again."
Kobe.
Briguy112184

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 11, 2003 7:28 pm

Hey L-Pride just have a some faith on the man. He did win us the past three championship and another one on the way.

Phil has 9 championships and going to 10 and you can't be that good by being stupid.

He was smart enough to coach teams with players like MJ, Scottie, Kobe, and Shaq.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 11, 2003 9:46 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Hey L-Pride just have a some faith on the man. He did win us the past three championship and another one on the way.

Phil has 9 championships and going to 10 and you can't be that good by being stupid.

He was smart enough to coach teams with players like MJ, Scottie, Kobe, and Shaq.

:bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion