Is Phil Jackson the stupidest man alive?

Is Phil Jackson the stupidest man alive?

Postby LakerPride on Wed May 07, 2003 11:16 pm

The man just sits there. The other team MAN rapes us and he just sits there. It's a good thing that I'm not a violent man and I don't own a gun cause if I did I'd point it at Phil Jacksons chest and blow that mother f'r away.

In the first quarter Kobe is completely out of control, Shaw is showing the world all of his 37 years of life, and Fisher is being stripped time and time again by Parker. What does this great coach do? What does this super human coach that has won all of them rings do......he sits there and plays with himself. Call a god damn TO Phil. Settle the guys down and make some adjustments you ignorent fool.

Every time they gave the ball to Shaq we scored, he should of taken a damn TO and even SAT Kobe's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] down every time he forced one of his zillion shots when Shaq was scoring at will down low. Then he comes in with the pressure crew. We cut the lead to 9 and as soon as the team makes ONE MISTAKE he brings in old man Shaw and slow man Fisher......the lead jumps up to 16 again.

The man has no game plan and he refuses to use TO's to set up a play or SOMETHING. If I saw Phil on the street right now... I would ask him to put up his freaking dukes!
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Phil

Postby Steve on Wed May 07, 2003 11:20 pm

I agree. Why did he sit on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]?
Playing the 2 rookies also was a big question mark.
Where do we go from here Lakers?
Steve

Your remark

Postby Lakersquatro on Wed May 07, 2003 11:28 pm

The answer to your question is not Phil Jackson,
The answer to your question is YOU!!
Lakersquatro

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 11:36 pm

Phil isn't like n e other coach that's why he has the most winningist record of any coach all time. He lets them figure it out for themselves, and lets them play out the momemtum gained by the opposition. But sayin all that about him in insane.. MJ, Kobe and Shaq didn't win a championship before he came into the picture. He knows what he's doing.

The rookies NEED to play! They dont have that much experience in games like these, but hell at least they're the only ones puttin full court press on the Spurs. The entire team needs to step up, no one man is an island!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerPride on Wed May 07, 2003 11:55 pm

I'll tell you what Lakergyrl.....If the Lakers get SWEPT, and you can bet your house that it might happen, I will personally lead a strike to fire Phil Jackson in front of Staples center.

Pippen was a baby and MJ was a ball hog before Phil. Kobe was in diapers and the rest had no dicipline. It could of very well been the maturation of the players rather than Phils genius.

Phil coached like an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tonight....you want to believe other wise, then go ahead....just keep listening to Stu's words and regurgitating them if it makes you feel better. Me? I have two eyes, and my eyes saw a coach sit on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] while his team got run out of town. He made NO in game adjustments (which, believe it or not, are a part of coaching). All that figuering [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out stuff might work in the regular season, but this is the god damn playoffs....win or go home. I can go out there and say "let them figure it out," will the Lakers give me 5 million a year for that?

Don't worry though......I probably won't have to lead that strike. Your precious "oppurtunist" will set sail as soon as he's milked this cow dry. I will be here to rebuild his mess....will you?
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 12:13 am

LakerPride wrote:I'll tell you what Lakergyrl.....If the Lakers get SWEPT, and you can bet your house that it might happen, I will personally lead a strike to fire Phil Jackson in front of Staples center.

Pippen was a baby and MJ was a ball hog before Phil. Kobe was in diapers and the rest had no dicipline. It could of very well been the maturation of the players rather than Phils genius.

Phil coached like an [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tonight....you want to believe other wise, then go ahead....just keep listening to Stu's words and regurgitating them if it makes you feel better. Me? I have two eyes, and my eyes saw a coach sit on his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] while his team got run out of town. He made NO in game adjustments (which, believe it or not, are a part of coaching). All that figuering [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out stuff might work in the regular season, but this is the god damn playoffs....win or go home. I can go out there and say "let them figure it out," will the Lakers give me 5 million a year for that?

Don't worry though......I probably won't have to lead that strike. Your precious "oppurtunist" will set sail as soon as he's milked this cow dry. I will be here to rebuild his mess....will you?

No matter what happens I'm a Lakers fan 1st, and players/coach fan second. Just like many, I've watched players come and go, just as coaches do. U and I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and to put the Lakers loss on PJ isn't right. He's not the one playing the game, and executing the plays, he's just the one that gives direction and orders. Letting players figure out season and post season situations will make them better players. (Hey that's why he's the most winningist coach of NBA history, and his way well seems to work...) Rather than to stop play and let them them out of it so easy. When games like this are on the line, it isn't his job to be a father, but to guide them, and let them walk on their own. He didn't make any adjustments cuz no one was really making n e shots. And the calls against the Lakers were ridiculous. A loss is a loss, and it's not just one mans fault. The Spurs played a hell of a game, and Bowen was on fire. Mr. Momentum was just on the Spurs side... You can go ahead and lead the stike all u want, and u'll prolly end up in jail or doing community service or something, but hey it doesn't matter to me... I still have faith and so do the rest of tha tru's here!!
LakersGyrl2003

cmon

Postby Guest on Thu May 08, 2003 12:21 am

dood... u kant rip phil jackson.. he has his way of coachin just like any other coaches.. how many rings does he have? he knows what he's doing. u kant really say its his fault. phil wants his team to be able to get out of trouble by themselves, he doesnt want to be the one always tryin to solve it out. a good caliber team has to be able to work things out w/o the nagging of the coach. and the lakers have the potential to be that caliber team. phil knows what hes doin, if he didnt, he wouldnt have that many rings.

Re: cmon

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 12:23 am

Anonymous wrote:dood... u kant rip phil jackson.. he has his way of coachin just like any other coaches.. how many rings does he have? he knows what he's doing. u kant really say its his fault. phil wants his team to be able to get out of trouble by themselves, he doesnt want to be the one always tryin to solve it out. a good caliber team has to be able to work things out w/o the nagging of the coach. and the lakers have the potential to be that caliber team. phil knows what hes doin, if he didnt, he wouldnt have that many rings.

Thank you vey much :bow: please register!!! Come and join ova here! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 12:47 am

I guess we'll see what happens when mr. nine rings sets sail after he's milked this cow dry then huh?

Do you even understand what I'm saying?.....The man just sat there....he DIDN"T take a TO to couner the Spurs pressure defense.....THAT's bad coaching....do you know the definition of bad coaching? If you don't watch tonights game again and pay close attention to Phil.

Don't throw the crap that Stu throws at the general audience at me....cause believe it or not I listen to the games too. Stu ALWAYS says Phil is trying to let them figure it out when in reality Phil is a horrible in game adjuster and really doesn't know what to do. Phil is a great motivator and a pretty damn good playoff coach, but he is a horrible in game adjustment coach and it showed tonight.

Oh yea, don't come at me with all that Laker tru's crap, cause I don't dig it. If anything I'm a laker true cause I'm for winning....wether it's with Phil or without Phil. When I see something wrong with my team I speak and I speak from the heart....unlike other cowards who hide behind numbers. I could care less if Phil had won every god damn championship in the history of the NBA.....he doesn't get blind faith from me.....I call it just like I see it.....that's what good old Chick use to do, and I'll tell you right now that if he was here he'd say he witnessed some bad coaching tonight as well.....anybody with two eyes OR EVEN ONE eye could of seen that!
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 08, 2003 1:25 am

Then he comes in with the pressure crew. We cut the lead to 9 and as soon as the team makes ONE MISTAKE he brings in old man Shaw and slow man Fisher......the lead jumps up to 16 again.

I just didn't understand that move at all!!! The rookies were doing one hell of a job on defense and even scoring on occasion, then he pulls out BS outta his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!! Did you see that shot of him on the bench when it looked like he was falling asleep???? His head was literally down facing the ground like he was knocked out... What a b$%CH!!!! Doesn't Phil realize that his rookies were doing a way better job out on the floor, compared to Shaw and Fisher?? I mean [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], Pargo scored 13 and Rush had 10. It may have been garbage time, but hell!!! Fisher and Shaw probably wouldn't have been able to score in garbage time either. They're good ballhandlers, don't get me wrong, but they need some shooters out there. Fisher is inconsistent against the Spurs. Pargo seemed to always drive in and break down the defense which is a good thing right??? Something Fisher could never do!! They're young and fast!!! MAYBE IF PHIL LOOKED UP MOST OF THE TIME, HE'D NOTICE THAT!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 1:28 am

LOL man. I know exactly what shot your talking about. His chin was on his chest and he was looking straight down like he was passed out after drinking a massive amount of whisky. It wouldn't surprise me if he was drunk....he sure coached like it....
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 08, 2003 1:31 am

I feel you on that one LP... Phil needs to show some emotion like he actually cares about the game. When will that every happen? Hell if I know!!! Probably by the time he figures out that his team is losing, he'll be already fired.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 1:37 am

Lakersquatro,

or you....err yea....dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. My question was a yes and no question....moron. DER YOU! Not PHEL...ERRR....whatever....

You are the most inteligent being alive....with posts like that, I wonder where you've been....gwad your so smart.....wow.....

I take it that you don't comprehend questions well huh? Momma drop you when you where a kid? Thought so....

If you want a debate then bring it......if you want to look like a adolecent fool.....STFU.....I'll ignore you from here on out.....bubye....
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Phil Jax

Postby Guest on Thu May 08, 2003 2:00 am

9 rings as coach. I'm not fan of Phil Jax (falls asleep on bench too much for me), but who can argue with 9 rings ? NOT ME! NOT YOU!

LakersPride

Postby Guest on Thu May 08, 2003 3:11 am

LakersPride - I gotta say I love your passion. I don't agree with "everything" you said, but you state your position and I commend that.
On a side note, there is no reason for any Laker fans to be arguing with each other. We're all on the same side. We want the Lakers to host another parade. We can all rip Jax, Horry, Mitch, Fish, etc, but we're Lakers fans and they are a part of the team we all live, eat, breathe. When things go bad (and they are bad right now), we need to focus on the positives. Here are a few:

- We might be down, but at least we're not Queens fans
- Anyone else win a title this century ?
- We still got Shaq and Kobe
- Phil Jax was awake for his press conference
- Last but not least, I must say again, "at least we're not Queens fans."

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 3:27 am

Pargo and Rush were doin a hell of a better job on D than Shaw and Fish. They kept full court pressure on, and I love seein that. But they made some bad passes but who doesn't? People can knock Phil's way of coaching all they want, he's still got titles to back him. But it's not all bashing the coach when we lose just cuz he "seems" to not care about whats going on in the game. Phil can't save them everytime they get down, and the momentum switches, and it's up to the players on the court to take it away with D and O. It's as simple as that. So if ya'll want Phil to start pulling a Sloan on us, and get T's like crazy and get kicked out of the games? Hell nah...But it maybe trigger something to the players cuz Phil never reacts that way under any scenario. :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Why Lakerpride is a Jerk

Postby Steve on Thu May 08, 2003 5:08 pm

You got to be the biggest idiot Ive ever seen.
You slam our coach, and then you wine like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] when someone goes to his rescue. You gotta be the biggest fairweather fan Ive ever seen.
When the going gets tough, you wine like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
You make me sick. Your not a Laker fan.
Your just another jerk who wants all the glory, but runs home to momma when you get [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. I feel ashamed to be associated as a "LakerFan" with a moron like you. You make me sick.
Steve

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 5:46 pm

Ah, we're resorting to unjustified name calling? Now I know I'm right!

Whenever I cover all the grounds and nobody can say anything but call me childish names then I know I'm right and the other side is just too ignorent or too stubborn (probably a little bit of both) to give in.

Thanks Steve, come again.....your an easy target.... :wink:
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 5:50 pm

Steve is just trying to call it like he sees it...Sure he may not have put it in the best way, but just like all of us we have our opinions and we call it like WE see it. Even though our opinions may differ, we still love the Lakers, and he's right, bashing Phil isn't the right way to go. He has his own coaching technique that got him 9 rings, and well if it's not broken, then dont fix it... It worked many times over and over and over again, but this time may bee different. All we need as fans, is to see that fire in the players' eyes and the determination to get that 4th ring in a row!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 5:52 pm

kobegotskillz wrote:- We might be down, but at least we're not Queens fans
- Anyone else win a title this century ?
- We still got Shaq and Kobe
- Phil Jax was awake for his press conference
- Last but not least, I must say again, "at least we're not Queens fans."

No kiddin my friend....I specially like the "anyone else win a title this century?" question....it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 5:55 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Steve is just trying to call it like he sees it...Sure he may not have put it in the best way, but just like all of us we have our opinions and we call it like WE see it. Even though our opinions may differ, we still love the Lakers, and he's right, bashing Phil isn't the right way to go. He has his own coaching technique that got him 9 rings, and well if it's not broken, then dont fix it... It worked many times over and over and over again, but this time may bee different. All we need as fans, is to see that fire in the players' eyes and the determination to get that 4th ring in a row!

i COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER! :bow:
that fire i especialyl feel that
every time kobe makes an impossible jusmper
you see his eyes
the determination the love for his team
how serious he and shaq are for quatrow!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakerPride on Thu May 08, 2003 6:00 pm

LakersGyrl2003,

bashing Phil might not be the right way to go for you.....but for me that's not the case.

Steve calling me names is calling it the way he sees it?

Please......you lost your debate with me on Phil coaching a bad game and now your spewing nonesense.....

If calling names was calling it the way someone sees it, then I wouldn't bother trying to make it clear to you why Phil coached a bad game by giving facts and examples in multiple posts....I would just call you a dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] who knows nothing about the game of basketball and move on...that's not the way we here at clublakers.com do it.....we will do everything in our power to win a debate even if it means stratigically making someone look stupid with the faults in their opinions, but we never just resort to name calling....that's simply childish.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:07 pm

LakerPride wrote:LakersGyrl2003,

bashing Phil might not be the right way to go for you.....but for me that's not the case.

Steve calling me names is calling it the way he sees it?

Please......you lost your debate with me on Phil coaching a bad game and now your spewing nonesense.....

If calling names was calling it the way someone sees it, then I wouldn't bother trying to make it clear to you why Phil coached a bad game by giving facts and examples in multiple posts....I would just call you a dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] who knows nothing about the game of basketball and move on...that's not the way we here at clublakers.com do it.....we will do everything in our power to win a debate even if it means stratigically making someone look stupid with the faults in their opinions, but we never just resort to name calling....that's simply childish.

Winning the debate against me?? Nah there was never a debate we were just posting on the points of view we see it as. There's no right or wrong conclusions we can declare about this, and you can't knock someone like Steve who wanted to post what he wanted to post. Sure he made childish remarks, but maybe that's the way he has to be to get his point across. I can say you're just a PJ hata who think he knows what the hell he's talkin about, but I wont cuz that's not me. Phil's way seemed to work in the past with the triangle and his method of coaching, and sure Phil may "seem" to not care whats goin at at times, but we dont know whats goin through his head, or what happens at practices, or anything like that. We see what is shown on TV and we commentate on what we as viewers see... Sure we may not see the same thing, cuz it's not about "winning debates" cuz there's no logical explanation to any methods of coaching for a team to be successful. All we can do is give our opinion on what WE as viewers see... :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 6:24 pm

I for one do not think Phil should be blamed for the loss
i mean he aint a player
he a coach
he tried his best to get thmem back in i guess
but hey lets not forget
no phil we wouldnt be holding the trophes now
caling phil those bad names.......swearing at phil
just not the way to show respect for phil like that

adn the thing with phil sitting there
what do you want him to do when we playing so sloppy ?
run up and down the court yelling?
i mean its not his fault
its the players cuz they the ones that score
phil told kobe not to force up jumpshots
and kobe didnt do that
not blaming it on kobe here
just an example

adn bout killing phil
i know its a joke but we should at least respect phil......
he does have the most rings
he is a great coach :bow:
Last edited by Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:33 pm

Reddy wrote:I for one do not think Phil should be blamed for the loss
i mean he aint a player
he a coach
he tried his best to get thmem back in i guess
but hey lets not forget
no phil we wouldnt be holding the trophes now
caling phil those bad names.......
just not the way to show respect for phil like that
tahts my thought

Yea...Phil does deserve a lot of repect for what he's done. He's turned almost the same players that Del had into championship players... He's never had enough talented players in the Lakers, and got that fire in their eyes... Even though some may have it more than others, he worked with the people he had, and let their skills and talents win games.... Hell it got us the 5th seed. Teams like Dallas and Sac-Town and the Spurs do have more talented guys than us, but talent doesn't win games... They gotta play with the people they have, and build championships around them...

And yes... without Phil we wouldnt even be writing about a Quat-row...
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion