Piatkowski anyone?

Piatkowski anyone?

Postby crucifido on Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:46 am

He stated in the L.A. Times that he "would sign for the veteran's exception of 1.5 mil no problem." He'd be the 3 point shooter the Lakers (and us as fans) have long coveted.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby MIKEDOG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:34 am

I love this guy, he has major upside. He brings a shoot that defenders have to respet which would open up the middle for Shaq. And he is a bargain at 1.5
MIKEDOG

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:30 pm

We already allocated this season's VME to Slava. But the Vet minimum is 1.4 million, so not much difference and he can win a ring, and not move from where he already lives & plays...solid deal if you ask me...he'll be here...trust me...
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:42 pm

that would be a good acquisition in getting pike. we need a CONSISTENT shooter, and this is the guy you want.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:47 pm

PIKE would be a solid pick-up. But why is it that shooters struggle so much when they come to LA?.... McCloud / Richmond / Rice just to name a few...
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby clublakers on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:22 pm

Agree with #1_Kobe_fan on the Lakers jinx on pure shooters.

Besides, if we really wanted Pike just for his shooting we would have kept Penberthy and Crispen. Pike doesn't play any more D than either one of them.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Eric would be perfect

Postby peaceful living on Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:29 pm

Piatkowski would be a perfect fit for the lakers especially at 1.5 mil. he is kinda like the Hornacheck kind of player, coming in for crucial threes to ignite some comeback or run of some sort. Just look at what Steve kerr did in SA and with the Bulls. Jackson liked Kerr in Chicago so i could see him getting eric for the same roll. plus he could relieve a tired defender for some offense too. he is a great percentage shooter and free throw shooter although he probably would not get to the line to often.[/img][/quote]
"Divide and rule could only tear us apart,
In every man's chest, there beats a heart"
Bob Marley
peaceful living

Return to Lakers Discussion