Pippen: "Lakers not a good fit for my career at this po

Pippen: "Lakers not a good fit for my career at this po

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 20, 2003 9:23 am

Pippen says he won't rush to make the decision, but he won't delay it until the end of the summer, either.

"My decision about whether or not to play has to be made before any decision about where I want to play," he says. "I am going to take some time off right now. I will know I have made the decision if I am not preparing myself for next season. If I don't feel like picking it back up again, that will be it."

If he elects to play another year or two, Pippen says Portland is the likely spot.

"I don't want to make unnecessary changes at this point in my career," he says. "If I stay in the game as a player, it's better for me to be here in Portland. I am not looking forward to testing the free-agent market."

A few weeks ago, Pippen said his interest in signing with the L.A. Lakers would be piqued if they failed to win another championship this spring. Even though the Lakers have been eliminated, he now says a reunion with his Bulls coach, Phil Jackson, seems unlikely.

"I am not taking them out of the picture entirely," he says, "but I look at it and say it is not a good fit for my career at this point."

Chicago is the other team that intrigues Pippen, with old teammate John Paxson serving as the Bulls' new general manager. Promise of a front-office job upon retirement could make it a possibility.

Working in management for an NBA club "is something I would enjoy," Pippen says. "I am a competitor. Once I walk away from the game as a player, I would like a way to feel I can still compete even if I am not out there on the court."

Source : http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=18249
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 1:03 pm

Thats good we don't need him anyway. I think he is washed up and with the money he will be demanding is outrageous. When the Lakers were doing well he wanted to go to the Lakers. Now that the Lakers were eliminated he changed his mind. Whats up with this guy. He was just going to use the LAKERS so he can get a bigger deal with Portland.
I guess you can say "a shrude businessman" :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

KOBE out REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 20, 2003 7:29 pm

Yea... I'm not down for the whole pippen idea... It seems kinda out there, u know?... I'm sure we can get players with more to offer than him... :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 20, 2003 8:56 pm

I'd love to get Pippen. But if he wants to stick around with the Blazers, that's cool too...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion