LA's play by play duo will be Bill Macdonald & John Ireland

Re: LA's play by play duo will be Bill Macdonald & John Ireland

Postby wallangong on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I still can't believe a franchise like the Lakers have two dumbos doing their play by play. The more i listen to them, the more dumber i feel. Ireland kows absolutely nothing about basketball. He's a nice guy and all but wow, he's just so bad. Myers was a million times better. And Mac? Just listen to the guy without watching the tv and see how little insight he provides. Are these Jim Buss moves also in an effort to save money?

you do realize other teams fans respect and enjoy our crew right? They're not perfect, but having watched a lot of league pass in recent years I can say that, objectively they're still the best crew in the league.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:45 pm

jOeyB7000 wrote:
Weezy wrote:^^^ it's not just that with Jon Barry, he was a Laker in '97/'98 when Kobe was a cocky young kid, I'm pretty sure he owned him in practice then too and that's where the hate started.

Oh wow. I had no idea he was ever a Laker. I was more of a casual fan until the late 90's when I became a little more interested. I don't remember much about those days but yea I see your point. Being owned constantly by Kobe will definitely trigger some hard feelings.

Even if you watched the Lakers every game that season you could forget he was on the team, dude was a Scrub, Brent Barry was always way better and occasionally made the Clippers watchable. I think Kobe probably not only owned him in practice all the time and talked trash while doing it, but took all the minutes at SG Barry expected to get. Then the Lakers let him walk after one season which probably made him more bitter as they started winning titles just 2 seasons after that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Ireland doesn't know much about basketball. I listen to him and Thompson almost all the time for games. I think he's interesting enough, and I don't mind him, but he says weird stuff revealing a lack of bb knowledge.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DHL on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:26 pm

the lakers are back! which means more "MIDRANGE MAGIC"
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Funny bump, because during tonight's game almost toward the end it actually occurred to me that Billy Mac no longer bothered me as our announcer. Sure I'd like to have a higher quality guy calling games, but it occurred to me that I wasn't even thinking about it anymore until that moment, he's just our guy and I'm used to him. Stu, I'll always love, and I still don't get those that don't like him. He was laughing and joking quite a bit tonight too and seemed to be having fun, he seems to have much better chemistry with Billy Mac than Joel for whatever reason.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Joel knows the game while Billy Mac is your usual NBA play by play announcer who knows little to nothing about the game and shouts at every occasion he gets ... and his voice is terrible

Stu/Joel was the best commentators team despite their poor chemistry ...while you just shake your head at Billy Mac comments as you do with the " BINGOOOO" , Portland guy , Sean Elliot ect of this league
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Oh I much preferred Joel, really liked him, but Billy Mac just no longer bothers me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:13 am

I wish Spero Dedes was still around. He should have been our TV guy.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:23 am

I like Joel better as well He was much more knowledgeable but the problem was he didn't get along with Stu and it was pretty obvious at times.

I dont mind Billy Mac though.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 am

I think Billy has settled into his own groove. He was trying SO hard last season or the season before whenever he started... It was just painful.

He and Stu seem to have a better rapport these days and it's fairly easy to watch now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion