Player, not coach, is to blame...guess who?

Re: Player, not coach, is to blame...guess who?

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 pm

i blame Kobe too, for actually trying, if it wasn't for him we would be 0-5.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:I had to change the title cause I was getting it confused with the Mike Brown thread.

Also, the OP is entitled to his opinion. I'm respectfully asking that members refrain from attacking the OP...but by all means destroy the material in his post. Sorry, but I have to disagree completely with the idea that Kobe is to blame. We know this guy wants a 6th ring. He doesn't care about the offense catering to him or being the man...he wants the ring.

One thing I will say is that Pau really looks "broken" out there. Great great dude, but he reminds me of a another very talented big man that slowed waaaaay down at the end of his career...Arvydas Sabonis.

Artest has his moments, but the ball sticks way too much when it gets to him and the only person I want to see that happen with are Kobe, Nash, Dwight and ironically Pau.

Aside from a Brown departure, I could see Pau and Artest being put on the block. But first, I would like to see what another coach could do with this veteran team first.

:jam2: This post has so much knowledge.

1. Kobe is averaging 16.8 shots a game, and getting 27.2 points out of it, compared to his 23 shots per game last year. If that doesn't sound like a man willing to play team ball to you, I don't know whats wrong with your brain.
2. Kobe wanted to implement the princeton because he wanted the ball to be SHARED. He had one of the highest usage rates last year. If he was happy with hogging the ball, WHY IN THE WORLD would he promote a system that takes that away?
3. Kobe promoted the princeton BEFORE steve nash came. NOT after. And when Eddie Jordan was hired because of that, there was no way of going back.
4. This thread is just idiotic in every way possible. Surprised its not deleted, or locked, or something.
King of Clutch

Re: Mike Brown is horrible, but he's NOT the main culprit

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
gill wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
gill wrote:As I said in the MB thread already, anyone still want to defend the Potato tonight should just bang their head til it bleeds...

Don't want to sound mean... just had to say it.

I don't disagree.... but the effort tonight by professionals and the body language isn't all Brown's fault either.... there are chemistry issues beyond his control I think.... Changing coaches may snap it back into shape but the body language between Pau and Howard wasn't good at all.....

Howard is ok with me, still trying to get into game shape. He's actually trying out there and talking to the guys on the bench.

Pau on the other hand... dude's done.

:man3: Where did I say Howard wasn't ok?.... I just noted that the dynamic between the two on both ends of the floor wasn't good at all.... It has nothing to do what what kind of shape Howard is in either.... it was body language and lack of effort by both of them in the 4th that was really obvious. Kobe glared at them both toward the very end of the game.....

I'm actually gonna be a little critical of Howard... :man4:

It's a bit disheartening to see him kinda "go through the motions" when we're losing. He doesn't seem to try harder when he's losing. Just my personal observation...

No, I don't expect him to dominate like Shaq, but at least Shaq and Bynum both showed they cared a lot when we were losing (well, Shaq moreso than Bynum). They would get angry and just "throw" people around. We could overcome huge deficits with them. Nowadays, we're down 7 and give up. Or we're down 13, bring it back to 2, and somehow be down 18 in a matter of two minutes.

It's not all on Howard, and I'm sure he'll find his groove, but the apathetic mentality seems to be evident. Was he like this as a Magic, or is it just being in a brand new environment?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Re: Mike Brown is horrible, but he's NOT the main culprit

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 am

fkmikebrown wrote:Image

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 am

King of Clutch wrote:4. This thread is just idiotic in every way possible. Surprised its not deleted, or locked, or something.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:40 am

wow. pathetic. a kobe hater thread. well i only can say watch your mouth. how dare could you blame kobe bryant for that. are you serious ? go hop on the clippers bandwaggon :mad1: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:46 am

No, I didn't quite gt it. I need more clues.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 am

Blame Kobe? Come on.

Kobe is shooting the lights out to the tune of 27ppg 56% FG and 43% from 3. Dwight has also played well on offense getting 22ppg and 68% FG. The other guys though...

Gasol 42% FG
MWP 39% FG
Blake 35% FG
Hill 39% FG
Nash 33% FG
Jamison 43% FG
Morris 38% FG
Meeks 29% FG
Ebanks 23% FG

That is ugly, especially from a team that should dominate on the offense end of the floor. We knew we would have defensive issues, and hopefully Dwight would clean them up. However, D12 isn't 100% yet and even when he is he can't do everything. These guys must pick it up and hit shots.
live and die in LA

Postby MC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 am

I have been wondering for a while now if this team core balance might not be better if somehow they can convince Gasol to come off the bench. Not reduce his minutes but just shake up the rotation a bit and see if you can work something with the back ups centered around Gasol's abilities. Perhaps force feeding two bigs just doesn't work for what your PF has left.... to slow footed to play the 4 and he's being worn down before getting him to heavy minutes at his more natural position at his age which is center IMO. If he came off the bench he would spend more minutes at the 5 and less at the 4 if done right.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby gill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:18 am

"Pau off the bench? Why didn't I think of that? That will give us more LENGTH!!! I SHALL HAVE HIM DEFEND OPPOSING POINT GUARDS. LENGTH!!!!"

- Mike Brown
gill

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 am

Kobe's reaction after reading this
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby 432J on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 am

kobe is the reason for this mess?
:man10:

thanks for a great laugh OP. kobe has been playing lights out this season, if it wasn't for him this team would be getting blown out by 20 every game. the reason for the 1-4 start and the terrible play is obviously that piece of sh*t brown but if you want to blame a player for this, there's only one you can rightfully blame and that is pau, who's been playing like he's in his mid 40s. he's been nothing short of terrible this season. oh, and the fact that morris is getting minutes over meeks, i know for a fact i could play a better PG than morris. he probably couldn't even crack a d-league starting lineup. smush parker 2.0

but to blame kobe? that's just pure comedy
432J

Postby kenzo on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 am

Dagger to my heart...
kenzo

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 am

There are three posts I'm marking for warning. On my phone do I cannot now. We don't play that way here.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion