Playoff predictions - 1 st round

Playoff predictions - 1 st round

Postby Dragan on Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:58 pm

Detroit - Orlando
Pistons are overachiving team. And like old Miami figured before, overachiving clubs usualy dont have what it takes in the playoffs cose thay can`t kick it into another gear ( cose thay have alrady bean on it ). Luckly for tham, Orlando is preaty mutch the same and quite frankly Magic is just not 2 nd round material so Pistons will go threw.

Philadelphia - New Orleans
I dont know how others se this series but I se Hornets going threw to the next round. Quite frankly Sixers are just not good enough to beat Hornets in best of 7. The only way for Sixers to win is for Brown to badly outcoach Silas along with Iverson playing best basketball of his life. Anyway its destened to be a great series.

New Jersey - Milwaukee
Bucks are one of those underachiving teams that can explode in the playoffs and be very dangerous. If thay finished one place lower 0D
Philadelphia - New Orleans
I dont know how others se this series but I se Hornets going threw to the next round. Quite frankly Sixers are just not good enough to beat Hornets in best of 7. The only way for Sixers to win is for Brown to badly outcoach Silas along with Iverson playing best basketball of his life. Anyway its destened to be a great series.

New Jersey - Milwaukee
Bucks are one of those underachiving teams that can explode in the playoffs and be very dangerous. If thay finished one place lower in the standing to play Detriot ( witch thay could have intentionaly ) I would think that thay have a very solid chance of winning. But I just think that Nets are to good for tham.

Indiana - Boston
Lately Celtics have played like thay know something others dont. Like thay know the entire east is wide open and that home court advantage wont mean as mutch and thay looked like thay just decided to rest for the playoffs. But its hard to switch from playing threw the motions to play hard just like that. If thay manain the standing to play Detriot ( witch thay could have intentionaly ) I would think that thay have a very solid chance of winning. But I just think that Nets are to good for tham.

Indiana - Boston
Lately Celtics have played like thay know something others dont. Like thay know the entire east is wide open and that home court advantage wont mean as mutch and thay looked like thay just decided to rest for the playoffs. But its hard to switch from playing threw the motions to play hard just like that. If thay manage to do it early in the series thay have a great chance of winning. If thay dont do it early thay will probebly decide thay dont wanna bother doing it at all and just throw in the towel. I just feel that this series will have averything to do with how Celtics play cose I think we can predict what we can exspect out of Indiana. Pacers should prevail.

San Antonio - Phoenix
Suns are just happy to be here. Thay are no match for the Spurs.

Minnesota - L.A. Lakers
Great season only to get Lakers in the 1ge to do it early in the series thay have a great chance of winning. If thay dont do it early thay will probebly decide thay dont wanna bother doing it at all and just throw in the towel. I just feel that this series will have averything to do with how Celtics play cose I think we can predict what we can exspect out of Indiana. Pacers should prevail.

San Antonio - Phoenix
Suns are just happy to be here. Thay are no match for the Spurs.

Minnesota - L.A. Lakers
Great season only to get Lakers in the 1 st round ? Life sure doesent seam fear. Especialy in Minnesota.

Sacramento - Utah
What a way for Stockton to retire. Going down in blaze of glory to Sacramento team. Hopefully Jazz win a game. Especialy if its game 3.

Dallas - Portland
On paper it should be a great series. But in reality, Nelson will outcoach Cheeks and despite makeing the series interenting Blazers will never have a genuin chance despite maybe winning some games. But look at the bright side. Atleast thay wont be knocked out by the Lakers.

----------------------

Second round matchups:

Detroit - New Orleans
New Jersey - Indiana

San Antonio - Lakers
Dallas - Sacramento
Dragan

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:07 am

My predictions:

EAST

Detriot vs. Orlando - Orlando in 7

New Jersey vs. Milwaukee - New Jersey in 6

Indiana vs. Boston - Indiana in 6

Philadelphia vs. New Orleans - Philadelphia in 7

WEST

San Antonio vs. Pheonix - San Antonio in 5

Sacramento vs. Utah - Sacramento in 4

Dallas vs. Portland - Dallas in 6

Minnesota vs. Lakers - Lakers in 6
Last edited by Lakers4PEAT on Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:25 am

Here are my predictions:

EAST

Pistons vs. Magic - Magic in 7
Nets vs. Bucks - Nets in 5
Pacers vs. Celtics - Pacers sweep
76ers vs. Hornets - 76ers in 5 or 6

WEST

Spurs vs. Suns - Suns in 6
Queens vs. Jazz - Queens sweep
Mavs vs. Blazers - Mavs in 7
Timberwolves vs. Lakers - Lakers in 5
Lakers4Ever

Postby clublakers on Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:11 am

EAST

Pistons vs. Magic - Pistons in 5
Pacers vs. Celtics - Pacers in 6
76ers vs. Hornets - Hornets in 6

WEST

Spurs vs. Suns - Spurs in 5
Queens vs. Jazz - Queens in 5
Mavs vs. Blazers - Mavs in 7
Timberwolves vs. Lakers - Lakers in 4
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Dragan on Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:20 pm

Can you actualy think that Orlando will beat Detroit ? It mite happend but its wishfull thinking. Not a reality.

Alsaw I dont think Suns stand a chance Vs Spurs. Especialy not in 5 games.

Dont just wright in winners, tell us what you think about the matchups and tell us why you think certan team will win.
Dragan

Postby crucifido on Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:35 pm

Eastern Conference

Pistons vs. Magic - Pistons in 6
Pacers vs. Celtics - Pacers in 5
76ers vs. Hornets - 76ers in 7

Western Conference

Spurs vs. Suns - Suns in 7
Queens vs. Jazz - Jazz in 7
Mavs vs. Blazers - Mavs in 5
crucifido

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:40 pm

As much as i would love for the queens to lose in 1st or second, i dont
of course i want to wipe the smirk off webbers face
but only 4 lakers wins in the playoffs can do it
or else they wil start tha tbeat up crap about being back next year......
and also lakers and queens to me is the most excitin and entahtainin!!!!!!!!!!!!
any way will work for me, as long as we get four peat in the end! :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Playoffs

Postby Shobe on Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:15 pm

Spurs/Suns
Don't think that San Antonio is just going to run over Phoenix. The Suns beat the Spurs 3 out of the 4 times they played this year. I know it's the playoffs and things are different but Phoenix presents a tough matchup for the Spurs. Stoudamire, Marbury, and Marion are athletes who are going to give the smaller guards in San Antone problems.

Queens/Jazz
I see the Queens handling this in 5 games. I think Utah's defense is going to be the key. Unfortunately for them, they just don't match the offensive firepower of the Queens. That being said look for Harpring and AK47 to have a great series

Mavs/Blazers
I know the Mavs are glad they don't have to face the Lakers but Portland is not going to be easy to deal with. The Blazers are also happy they are not playing the Lakers. This should be a good series. The Mavs are all about offense and Portland is all about defense. I think Dallas pulls this out though.

Champs/Wolves
All that hard work to get HCA in the first round and what do the Wolves get? US! LOL!! We need to go in there on Sunday and be like, "Look, Minnesota, we have no beef, but we are on a mission so please get the F out of our way!" Kobe will have a great series as will the Daddy. Minny likes to zone up so the Lakers better be ready. Defense, Rebounding, cutting down the turnovers and bench production will be key in this series. We have to get that first one to take the heart right out of Minnesota and then go for the throat in Game 2. We should be rid of this team in 5 games. :man12:
Shobe

Postby shaqass on Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:09 am

Eastern Conference

Pistons vs. Magic - Pistons in 7
Nets vs. Bucks - Nets in 6
Pacers vs. Celtics - Pacers in 6
76ers vs. Hornets - 76ers in 5

Western Conference

Spurs vs. Suns - Suns in 5
Queens vs. Jazz - Jazz in 5
Mavs vs. Blazers - Blazers in 7
Timberwolves vs. Lakers - Lakers in 5 :jam2:

Please guys, think about me during game #1...I pay 20 bucks a month for a payTv only to see my lakers, and those bastard are NOT going to show game #1 :bang: wish I could be born somewhere else :man6:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:38 am

Eastern Conference

Pistons vs. Magic - Pistons in 6
Nets vs. Bucks - Nets in 4
Pacers vs. Celtics- Celtics in 6
76ers vs. Hornets - 76ers in 6

Western Conference

Spurs vs. Suns - Suns in 7
Queens vs. Jazz - Kings in 6
Mavs vs. Blazers - Blazers in 6
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:02 pm

well uh if this helps here are the results of game 1:
Nets 109 Bucks 96
Celts 103 Pacers 100 (Pierce scored 21 of his 40 points in the fourth quarter)
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion