PLEASE VOTE FOR THE MVM (Most Valuable Member)!!!

Member of the year?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:52 am

"no sleep, just clublakers" LakersGyrl2003
16%
"Old Uncle" Reddy
16%
Lakers Dynasty 2000
20%
Kobe_one_Kenobi_8 (Kobe Tai golden fan)
12%
Snakell Beast
16%
BryantDunkGiant
8%
ClubLakers (ineligible to compete :)
4%
Lakers4Ever
4%
FirstLady
No votes
LAKERCHICK (what about a date with Devean.....;)
No votes

Total votes : 24

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 2:19 pm

CL is like Shaq (without the fat...I think), the man responsible for what has been built, and I am like Kobe, the man taking it to the next level and into the future...I'd vote for you CL, but I already voted for myself...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 2:26 pm

Don't worry shaqass, I'll make the awards special. I will have trophies made for each award (at my own expense) and here are some suggested categories:

Rookie Member of the Year
Funniest Member of the Year
Most Improved Member of the Year
Editorial Writer of the Year
Graphic Artist of the Year
The Snakell Beast Award (most posts in one calendar year)
Most Valuable Member of the Year

I think that about covers just about everything we could possibly throw an award at...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Wed May 28, 2003 2:28 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:At the risk of sounding Kobe-Like, I feel it is unneccessary for me to win the MVM award, or member of the year, but I say we should expand these awards with trophies (I'll get them made and CL and I can decide the categories and time frames) but we must do a better job of voting for which 10 members make the final cut and with automatic statistical analysis of contributory prominence (how much a member contributes to the website on average and how many features and attractions they have had a part in as key factors) and a recap of their season so people can read the contributions made and decide who made the largest impact (via write in vote, anonymously via private messaging to CL who will keep your anonymity to himself) and thusly deserves the MVM and MOTY awards as well as all others. How do y'all feel about that?

PS - Ask CL, I came up with this idea about a month ago %2ominence (how much a member contributes to the website on average and how many features and attractions they have had a part in as key factors) and a recap of their season so people can read the contributions made and decide who made the largest impact (via write in vote, anonymously via private messaging to CL who will keep your anonymity to himself) and thusly deserves the MVM and MOTY awards as well as all others. How do y'all feel about that?

PS - Ask CL, I came up with this idea about a month ago (but more power to shaqass for actually getting it moving)...the CL Awards...We can televise them when I get my TV program (our TV Program really) up and running...You guys only gave me 9% of the votes (and it was my own vote that was the only 1)...I feel like Kobe right now...no, he got 4, but it WAS way less than 9%...naw, he got more though, no vote for himself...but we SHOULD do this again, with each finalist (editorial and artwork contributors are auto entries) writing his or her own record of achi8but more power to shaqass for actually getting it moving)...the CL Awards...We can televise them when I get my TV program (our TV Program really) up and running...You guys only gave me 9% of the votes (and it was my own vote that was the only 1)...I feel like Kobe right now...no, he got 4, but it WAS way less than 9%...naw, he got more though, no vote for himself...but we SHOULD do this again, with each finalist (editorial and artwork contributors are auto entries) writing his or her own record of achievements this past CL season...

I agree with all what you said and I am happy you had the idea too :jam2: .

This is really a quick draft and it's up to us to make it better for next year.
The fact that I took only ten names is due to a technical issue (no more than 10 options possible in a pool). The number of post doesn't mean anything but a at least I had a list "as fair as possible" without implying my own opinion (I would have add myself otherwise :man10: :mevements this past CL season...[/quote]

I agree with all what you said and I am happy you had the idea too :jam2: .

This is really a quick draft and it's up to us to make it better for next year.
The fact that I took only ten names is due to a technical issue (no more than 10 options possible in a pool). The number of post doesn't mean anything but a at least I had a list "as fair as possible" without implying my own opinion (I would have add myself otherwise :man10: :man10: :man10: )

We had a couple ideas like congratulating in www.clublakers.com the members who broke a milestones, or displaying the member's name the date of her/his birthday. I think it's good to have the members implied in the site itself and not only in the forum, but that is my opinion.

Anyway, I have the feeling that this thread had been taken a bit more (too) seriously than I first wanted.

:man6:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby shaqass on Wed May 28, 2003 2:29 pm

*ç%*"ç*" :man2: :man2: :man2: bloody bug!
shaqass

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 2:30 pm

Hey when do we get to vote 4 all those awards snakell said?

AND I FORGOT TO LOG IN :man6:

AND WHASSAUP WITH THE AVATAR CHANGING PEOPLE? :man10:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby shaqass on Wed May 28, 2003 2:33 pm

[quote="Reddy"]
AND I FORGOT TO LOG IN :man6:
quote]

Rooky mistake rooky mistake na na na na na!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10:
shaqass

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 2:34 pm

:man6: sorry :man6: :man10:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby shaqass on Wed May 28, 2003 2:36 pm

Reddy wrote::man6: sorry :man6: :man10:

It's ok Redd, it's ok. I undersatand, it's probably due to the high pressure generated by thi MVM award!!!!!! :man9:
shaqass

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 2:37 pm

no pressure! not to worry! :bow: LG is I think gonna win! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 28, 2003 8:25 pm

Hey wheres my name on this list :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:

Nah I just joking If I spent half the time on the computer as E I'd be growing mildew out of my @$$. Oh well just wait, The word of Danny Ainge will soon be spread to all. Ha Ha Ha :man9:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 8:50 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Hey wheres my name on this list :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:

Nah I just joking If I spent half the time on the computer as E I'd be growing mildew out of my @$$. Oh well just wait, The word of Danny Ainge will soon be spread to all. Ha Ha Ha :man9:

:bow: I luv ya bro!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 11:45 pm

4real... All those categories Snake said seem tight... so when do u want us to set em up? :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 3:44 am

We have the categories, now it is merely the formality of setting the date to correspond with the ending of the TV show season. So as soon as I can afford to start the TV show (soon, don't worry...everything is on course and slightly ahead of schedule) then we can schedule the awards and I can get the trophies made...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Thu May 29, 2003 3:45 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:4real... All those categories Snake said seem tight... so when do u want us to set em up? :man1:

I think the way we try to do that is complicated, with a thread for each category. If CL could do a web page "a la ESPN" with all the cotegories and then you just have to check...would be nice...an more official...and I could have my name as well :man10: :man10:
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 29, 2003 4:14 am

:jam2: WORD! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 29, 2003 5:29 am

Well i am lost...... :man3:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby shaqass on Thu May 29, 2003 6:44 am

Are you? :man1:

The fact that this poll is just part of a thread don't help to get many votes because not all the members are aware of it when they connect. It's ok for now, but if we could have for next season a popup page (not sure we call that this way, but it is a page that appear when you log in) where all the awards are gathered then the member just have to check her/his votes and then go farther. At least all the members tha log in will be aware of this poll. They do something similar on ESPN as far as I remember. Of course that mean more work for Master CL... (hey, he got 1 vote already, not bad for the father of Clublakers :man12: )

you see what I mean?
shaqass

Postby Reddy on Thu May 29, 2003 2:01 pm

I think so! thanz 4 x plaining :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 29, 2003 2:27 pm

Interesting! :man1:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 4:31 pm

Yeah, CL and I will get this [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in motion soon. I will email him today and start to discuss the particulars...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Thu May 29, 2003 5:44 pm

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! :man10:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 7:15 pm

It's an Irish colloquialism, like Arse ([Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]) or Farkin' ([Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]')
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 29, 2003 7:37 pm

Hey Snakell buddy, I've got to talk to you over AIM bout something, also, any new news on the T.V. show?
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 7:52 pm

Yeah, my grant package is on the way and as soon as it arrives, the wheels of the financial future of our show will be set in motion and I will be set to move out with y'all...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 29, 2003 8:47 pm

Nice, very good news :jam2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion