Point and Counterpoint: What Horry thought about his comment

Point and Counterpoint: What Horry thought about his comment

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:00 pm

Point and Counterpoint: What Horry thought about his comments
Analyzation: http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20955~1529187,00.html

Point: The Explanation and Evaluation of Horry's comments
That's definitely not the Robert Horry we know, making those cruel comments to the players that he had been with for about five to six years. Kobe and Shaq may be hogging the ball too much, scoring over half of the team's points , but when it all comes down to the truth, and I do mean the truth, the Lakers are in a better situation in which they have guys who want to score and win rather than guys who don't. Take, for example, the Milwaukee Bucks. Their star--Tim Thomas or Michael Redd. Those guys are only 14-15 point scorers, they're not going to lead the time and have the desire, the scoring-points mentality all the time. With two stars, the whole situation is a lot better than with none. Now, with Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and more veterans, Phil Jackson and his assistant coaches can get this whole ordeal straight and give way for fair passing. These are veterans, man, they oughta know how to handle the situations on the court. Think twice about those comments, Rob.

Counterpoint: Rob's just being himself
On the other side of the spectrum, one may view that Rob is just acting like the way he normally does: Himself. I was just wondering why he didn't make those comments to the Rocket's Hakeem Olajuwon after he left the team. Throughout the six and a half years he had been with the Lakers we knew Rob as no exactly a trash talker, but at the borderline of being one. He gets technicals and we have seen him get all sweaty and whiny at times to the officials on the court, and his reputation after throwing a towel at a coach's head at Phoenix was just like the way that he acted saying those comments right now. Rob was just being his crude, immature self. I don't know whether he dislikes opposing teams or something, either that, or he felt that he didn't have a good enough marriage with the Lakers (he should have, though, he won three rings with them, although his complaint may be about playing time). Now that he's with the Spurs, he feels that he could do anything and say anything he wants to against the Lakers. Hackson [/b]and his assistant coaches can get this whole ordeal straight and give way for fair passing. These are veterans, man, they oughta know how to handle the situations on the court. Think twice about those comments, Rob.

On the other side of the spectrum, one may view that Rob is just acting like the way he normally does: Himself. I was just wondering why he didn't make those comments to the Rocket's Hakeem Olajuwon after he left the team. Throughout the six and a half years he had been with the Lakers we knew Rob as no exactly a trash talker, but at the borderline of being one. He gets technicals and we have seen him get all sweaty and whiny at times to the officials on the court, and his reputation after throwing a towel at a coach's head at Phoenix was just like the way that he acted saying those comments right now. Rob was just being his crude, immature self. I don't know whether he dislikes opposing teams or something, either that, or he felt that he didn't have a good enough marriage with the Lakers (he should have, though, he won three rings with them, although his complaint may be about playing time). Now that he's with the Spurs, he feels that he could do anything and say anything he wants to against the Lakers. Horry may5B/b]and his assistant coaches can get this whole ordeal straight and give way for fair passing. These are veterans, man, they oughta know how to handle the situations on the court. Think twice about those comments, Rob.

On the other side of the spectrum, one may view that Rob is just acting like the way he normally does: Himself. I was just wondering why he didn't make those comments to the Rocket's Hakeem Olajuwon after he left the team. Throughout the six and a half years he had been with the Lakers we knew Rob as no exactly a trash talker, but at the borderline of being one. He gets technicals and we have seen him get all sweaty and whiny at times to the officials on the court, and his reputation after throwing a towel at a coach's head at Phoenix was just like the way that he acted saying those comments right now. Rob was just being his crude, immature self. I don't know whether he dislikes opposing teams or something, either that, or he felt that he didn't have a good enough marriage with the Lakers (he should have, though, he won three rings with them, although his complaint may be about playing time). Now that he's with the Spurs, he feels that he could do anything and say anything he wants to against the Lakers. Horry may5B/b]and his assistant coaches can get this whole ordeal straight and give way for fair passing. These are veterans, man, they oughta know how to handle the situations on the court. Think twice about those comments, Rob.

On the other side of the spectrum, one may view that Rob is just acting like the way he normally does: Himself. I was just wondering why he didn't make those comments to the Rocket's Hakeem Olajuwon after he left the team. Throughout the six and a half years he had been with the Lakers we knew Rob as no exactly a trash talker, but at the borderline of being one. He gets technicals and we have seen him get all sweaty and whiny at times to the officials on the court, and his reputation after throwing a towel at a coach's head at Phoenix was just like the way that he acted saying those comments right now. Rob was just being his crude, immature self. I don't know whether he dislikes opposing teams or something, either that, or he felt that he didn't have a good enough marriage with the Lakers (he should have, though, he won three rings with them, although his complaint may be about playing time). Now that he's with the Spurs, he feels that he could do anything and say anything he wants to against the Lakers. Horry may like Tim Duncan, anyway, but that doesn't mean he has to spill out those comments. After missing that three point shot that probably could have made the Lakers beat the Spurs in the playoffs, Horry seems to now put the blame on us Lakers rather than himself. And as a gesture of contempt to show that he means it, he joined the Spurs to ally with them. Now, I don't think Rob is of that personage, but who knows, his inconsistent, crude behavior may just cause him to do anything, although I hope that deep down in his heart, his love remains for the Lakers and their fans. Madsen made that pledge, why can't Horry?

I would like to hear your comments on this Horry situation now that you've read my super-long Point and Counterpoint: Horry Article.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:03 pm

sorry it's jacked up right there. I dont know what happened, just read the first and last paragraphs and skip the middle
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Maybe if Horry would have put the ball in the hole on more than 40% of his shots, the Lakers wouldn't have let him walk. When you shoot well under 40% from the field, it's hard to expect the team to welcome you back with open arms. I would have liked to see him come back, if his numbers were more like they were in the past few seasons before last. Good luck Rob!

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:48 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:sorry it's jacked up right there. I dont know what happened, just read the first and last paragraphs and skip the middle

It's a glitch were working on, long messages tend to repeat themselves...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion