Poor Kobe

Poor Kobe

Postby Kobe on Wed May 14, 2003 2:55 pm

WHAT THE HELL DOES KOBE HAVE TO DO TO GET A FREAKIN FOUL!!????

when the lakers barely touch duncan the idiot refs will call a a flagrant foul....WHEN KOBE GOES IN TO ATTACK THE BASKETB, clown duncan, crack head bowen, or duck jackson take his head off there is absolutely no call. I MEAN, THEY DONT CALL IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN....... BUT WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE AND CLEARLY TAKE KOBE ARM OFF, U GOTTA CALL IT. damn tthe gay NBA
Kobe

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:36 pm

Dayam I feel ur pain!! I feel the same way! Kobe's attackin', and they (the refs) see that Kobe's expecting to get the foul, so they don't call it, no matter what. But if it's a lil' touch foul, they'll call it... So I guess contact doesn't constitute a foul.... It sux, cuz KObe shouldn't depend on driving in the lane and EXPECT to get the call, cuz it aint gonna happen... He should just make the shots he attempts, and if he drives in the lane, then make the layup or dunk he goes for.... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed May 14, 2003 5:04 pm

True, Kobe does get hacked. It seems like the league thinks that since he is so good he shouldn't be allowed any more time at the line than what is blatantly obvious. There were a couple of times I thought he definitely should have been at the line last night. Shaq is the same story. He gets hacked night in and night out, yet when he complains he get's a T because "he should be able to handle it." What a load of CRAP.
Lakerqueen

Postby BDG on Wed May 14, 2003 5:21 pm

I completely agree with what you're saying, but I'll say "Poor Kobe" for another reason. Was it just me or was he the only player that actually wanted to win for 75% of the game? Anyone else notice this?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed May 14, 2003 10:27 pm

Definitely. He was the only one who played consistently well throughout that game. He, as always, was the one who led the led the way back into the game.
Lakerqueen

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Thu May 15, 2003 12:12 am

I'm dissapointed in Shaq's effort...he needs to freakin wakeup and feed off of Kobe's hunger
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 1:19 am

Don't you undertand that the league wants this serie in 7 !!!
In the same position in LA Bryant will get twice more fouls as he does in SA.

You are right Lakers4PEAT, Shaq has to wake up and show his value ! Down to 1, Shaq has always reacted powerfully. :jam2:

GO LAKERS, Make me dream, Make HISTORY
GoldenEye

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 2:42 am

Hell yea!! And it sux... Like what someone said in another post.. It's like when Shaq doesn't get the ball, he just doesn't play D at all... They said some statement about what Shaq said, something about if u don't feed the big dog, he isn't gonna guard the yard... That's BS!! Defense starts breaks and that's where the offense lies!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Thu May 15, 2003 7:24 am

GoldenEye wrote:Don't you undertand that the league wants this serie in 7 !!!
In the same position in LA Bryant will get twice more fouls as he does in SA.

You are right Lakers4PEAT, Shaq has to wake up and show his value ! Down to 1, Shaq has always reacted powerfully. :jam2:

GO LAKERS, Make me dream, Make HISTORY

Yes I agree, this series will go in 7, first because the Lakers will wake up and second because the NBA want it. Sure Kobe will get all the call tonight and the lakers know that. Expect him to get at least 20 FT.

Shaq, yes Shaq... It's so strange what happen with him. I hope we will know the reason one day...

GO LAKERS !!!! :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Re: Poor Kobe

Postby KobeIsAGod on Thu May 15, 2003 10:14 am

Kobe wrote:WHAT THE HELL DOES KOBE HAVE TO DO TO GET A FREAKIN FOUL!!????

when the lakers barely touch duncan the idiot refs will call a a flagrant foul....WHEN KOBE GOES IN TO ATTACK THE BASKETB, clown duncan, crack head bowen, or duck jackson take his head off there is absolutely no call. I MEAN, THEY DONT CALL IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN....... BUT WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE AND CLEARLY TAKE KOBE ARM OFF, U GOTTA CALL IT. damn tthe gay NBA

What I'm a bit tired of is how Kobe keeps trying to draw fouls instead of taking it to the damn hole. Some of his flops are so blatantly obvious, it makes me ill how he can sit there and complain at times. It's true. there are moments when he actually does get fouled and the refs don't call it, but he's been doing that whole jumping-into-other-player-faking-and-then-shooting thing all season, and I think the refs assume he's faking it. Remember the boy who cried wolf? Kobe needs to just play. Get back on the other side of the court and defend, don't sit there and cry to the refs.
"It vas a lacky shat." -Vlade Divac after Horry's Game 4 winning shot.
KobeIsAGod

Re: Poor Kobe

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 15, 2003 10:42 am

KobeIsAGod wrote:
Kobe wrote:WHAT THE HELL DOES KOBE HAVE TO DO TO GET A FREAKIN FOUL!!????

What I'm a bit tired of is how Kobe keeps trying to draw fouls instead of taking it to the damn hole. Some of his flops are so blatantly obvious, it makes me ill how he can sit there and complain at times. It's true. there are moments when he actually does get fouled and the refs don't call it, but he's been doing that whole jumping-into-other-player-faking-and-then-shooting thing all season, and I think the refs assume he's faking it. Remember the boy who cried wolf? Kobe needs to just play. Get back on the other side of the court and defend, don't sit there and cry to the refs.

But the real headache is when Kobe attempts to use the same tactics used against him, HE gets called for the foul. You gotta call 'em both ways.
If Bowen grabbing Kobe is not a foul, then Kobe grabbing Bowen shouldn't be a foul either. That's what makes players truly upset about the officiating.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 4:32 pm

Yea... Kobe should know that he isn't gonna get the calls, so he shouldn't try to draw the foul... Even though he gets fouled most of time when they dont call it, he should just take it to the hole, like u said above... We're not gonna get the calls from the refs, nor are we gonna have their pity... We've been complainin on calls, on and off the court.. They should just get back on D, and stop the Spurs from gettin fast break buckets offa our turnovers, and our lack of defensive effort.... HUSTLE!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 15, 2003 9:37 pm

I have NO PROBLEM with Shaq, Kobe, Phil OR ANY LAKER FAN OR PLAYER> THe Fans stayed till the end, Jack was valiant, We were good sports and the role players played as well as they possibly could have. They were simply outnumbered by more talented players and it took a MOUNTAINOUS effort just to get here and we still, despite no depth at all, could have won this series of not for Horry's unfortunate miss in game 5. If he hits that shot, tonight we are closing the series out and headed for a fourpeat. But we did everything we could and that is all I can ask. I am proud to call myself a Laker fan and I look forward to next season now more than ever! We have something to prove again, from every level of the organization (Kobe&Shaq, Phil and the coaches, the GM AND the Owner) and we will respond to this with the right moves and we will be back stronger than we were at our strongest in the past...what doesn't kill you (this is a temporary setback, not death of the team cause we still have SHaq and Kobe) makes you STRONGER!!!
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 15, 2003 9:47 pm

"the NBA want it. Sure Kobe will get all the call tonight and the lakers know that. Expect him to get at least 20 FT."

More like 2 free throw attempts for Kobe and he didn't get any calls. The NBA wanted the Spurs and their coach of the year and MVP to win this series and the championship. Kobe should retire for the entire off-season and in his retirement press conference he should state "I have decided to step down from the game of basketball. It has become clear to me that for what ever reason, the referees and the league just don't seem to want me to succeed and I can't, no matter how hard I work, overcome the signals that are being sent to me through the calls that are being made. I would love to be able to continue to play, but I don't want to become bitter and the only way to avoid that is if I remove myself from the situation. I feel this is a move the league has wanted for some time now, and so I oblige them now and humbly give them what they want. I retire. Thank You Very Much..."

That way, when he comes back for "one more try" he might actually get some respect if they have the fear that if they don't call it fairly for him, they will lose him and they DO NOT want to lose the best player out there...
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion