Is it possible that LA would build a team around...

Is it possible that LA would build a team around...

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm

It only makes sense...

D'Antoni's offensive style of coaching revolutionizes the NBA and its an exciting tempo. It's almost made for the Lakers. It invokes the old Showtime Lakers of the 80s.

Couple that with the ability of the LA franchise (Busses and Kuptchak) and the draw of free agents to this city. You target a play-making gaurd who can shoot and put shooters and slashers on the wing around Dwight and you have a recepie for exciting and winning basketball. I think D'Antoni makes so much sense for this franchise and the city. I hope he works out here.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Re: Is it possible that LA would build a team around...

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

He hasn't coached yet.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 pm

If ownership is really settled on bringing back Showtime then yes they do need to build around D'Antoni's offense. We may not have the exact pieces needed this year, such as a lot of consistent shooters and slashers, but next offseason I think we can address these needs. We'll have six roster spots open after this year, and with our core (and Mike Brown gone) we really shouldn't have trouble attracting free agents.
XXIV

Postby purp n gold on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I can see it. As much as Mitch said we're about "winning now", Lakers' brass made the D'Antoni hire with the future in mind.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I thought the topic would be around " Darius Morris"
wcsoldier81

Return to Lakers Discussion