khmrP wrote:Brown is a buddy buddy type coach, nobody will respect that when things go awry, Sloan is a hardarse and when players dont like it, its probably cause they dont want to work hard and expect things to just happen w/o much work invovled.
Big Mamma Jamma wrote:I would take Sloan over Pringles.
1. Sloan had the greatest PnR tandem of all time ... imagine what he could do with Nash and Howard.
2. Sloan also uses a motion offense that I remember John Wooden said was a thing of beauty. I remember him saying that the way the Jazz played back then was how the game should be played.
3. Sloan always preaches defense and his teams are usually pretty good on that end.
4. Sloan managed an aging team very well especially at the PG position with John Stockton. He had good rotations and is good at game management.
5. Sloan would command instant respect. He's a throwback, which I think Kobe would like and respect.
6. I remember that Sloan always had Phil's respect. Phil thought he was a good coach and said it was a tragedy that Sloan had not won a CoY. Here's what Phil said when Sloan resigned:
"He was stubborn, you have to be as a coach. But he had a system and the system was effective. It’s not easy to have a team in Utah. It’s not the biggest draw in the country as far as free agents to go there. And they were able to have a really great home record, played the kind of basketball that was admirable. So we all had admiration for him as coaches around the league. So as a colleague, we’ll miss him."
Phil rarely praises opposing coaches. I remember when the Bulls played the Jazz in the finals, Phil never took jabs at Sloan.
Sloan would be a great fit for this team in my opinion. Forget the Pringles nonsense ... that would be Mike Brown 2.0 but on the offensive end.
V.V.V.V.V. wrote:With MDA we would definitely need a defensive cooordinator. Even then, I'd be worried about defensive in-game adjustments.
Sam Amick @sam_amick
Person close to Lakers coach candidate Mike D'Antoni: "They're focused on getting a deal done with (Jackson)" - http://usat.ly/VRmuDe
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests