Pringles To Save The Day?

Re: Pringles To Save The Day?

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Brown is a buddy buddy type coach, nobody will respect that when things go awry, Sloan is a hardarse and when players dont like it, its probably cause they dont want to work hard and expect things to just happen w/o much work invovled.
khmrP

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

I cannot stand diantoni, every freeking foul he has something to say about. So many times I've just wanted to punch him in the face.
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

khmrP wrote:Brown is a buddy buddy type coach, nobody will respect that when things go awry, Sloan is a hardarse and when players dont like it, its probably cause they dont want to work hard and expect things to just happen w/o much work invovled.

Yeah, that's the one thing I think that would really help the team. Sloan is a hard*** and his approach would be respected by our main guys. He's got a proven system and he's got no patience for laziness. The defense would automatically get better because Sloan demands excellence on that end. Brown asks for it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm

There's the issue right there. Sloan makes demands, brown makes requests

Phil Jackson just flat out destroyed players that he was unhappy with. Coaches have to have an ego or else they can't command a group of men
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby LeX Da KiD on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

what about JVG? Jerry Sloan? Larry Brown? instead this idiot is going after coaches that don't know how to run a team :bang:
LeX Da KiD

Postby Center Court on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 am

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:I would take Sloan over Pringles.

1. Sloan had the greatest PnR tandem of all time ... imagine what he could do with Nash and Howard.

2. Sloan also uses a motion offense that I remember John Wooden said was a thing of beauty. I remember him saying that the way the Jazz played back then was how the game should be played.

3. Sloan always preaches defense and his teams are usually pretty good on that end.

4. Sloan managed an aging team very well especially at the PG position with John Stockton. He had good rotations and is good at game management.

5. Sloan would command instant respect. He's a throwback, which I think Kobe would like and respect.

6. I remember that Sloan always had Phil's respect. Phil thought he was a good coach and said it was a tragedy that Sloan had not won a CoY. Here's what Phil said when Sloan resigned:

"He was stubborn, you have to be as a coach. But he had a system and the system was effective. It’s not easy to have a team in Utah. It’s not the biggest draw in the country as far as free agents to go there. And they were able to have a really great home record, played the kind of basketball that was admirable. So we all had admiration for him as coaches around the league. So as a colleague, we’ll miss him."

Phil rarely praises opposing coaches. I remember when the Bulls played the Jazz in the finals, Phil never took jabs at Sloan.

Sloan would be a great fit for this team in my opinion. Forget the Pringles nonsense ... that would be Mike Brown 2.0 but on the offensive end.

Great post. Really good points. How do you think he'd use Dwight and Pau together?

My feeling is that Sloan may need more time (like a training camp) to institute his offense. The benefit of D'Antoni is that he knows Nash very well, Kobe well, and has some familiarity with Dwight from the Olympics in 08. There is a reason Coach K brings on MDA.
Center Court

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 am

With MDA we would definitely need a defensive cooordinator. Even then, I'd be worried about defensive in-game adjustments.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:With MDA we would definitely need a defensive cooordinator. Even then, I'd be worried about defensive in-game adjustments.

I've heard Chuck Person is a good defensive assistant, and he has a good relationship with players.
XXIV

Postby Ludachris on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

I know D'Antoni isn't the most glamorous or even the best candidate out there for this organization long term. But if you look at the personell, he just might be a good fit. I think he might help Jamison and Meeks wake up. Hell he might even help Ebanks and the other younger players benefit from an uptempo style. This slow pace doesn't really help anyone but Gasol. This team needs to play a less cerebral game in order to gel faster and take advantage of their strengths. Once you get them all to react faster without over-thinking everything, they'll likely cut down on the turnovers.

I love Sloan and I think he might be the better choice, but I almost wonder if his age isn't a major concern at this point. And I don't know that he'd want to come back into the league for this type of job - he doesn't seem the type for the big lights and the circus that surrounds this team.

And I don't see Phil coming back into coaching. I just don't see it.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Re: Pringles To Save The Day? D'Antoni believes he's perfect fit

Postby charvin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 pm

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/09 ... eedID=9239

Too old to play 7 seconds or less ball... :man4:
charvin

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Person close to Lakers coach candidate Mike D'Antoni: "They're focused on getting a deal done with (Jackson)" - http://usat.ly/VRmuDe
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Larry Brown would be awesome too but PHil is anything
Maluco Beleza

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:39 pm

I think it's time to put this thread in the graveyard. The Zen Master is coming home! :jam2:
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby kray28 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am

Or not. :mad1:
kray28

Postby 432J on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 am

i wish
:man6: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
432J

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion