Random Lakers Thoughts

Re: Random Lakers Thoughts

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
Helljumper wrote:Didn't know where else to post this: http://deadspin.com/this-heckler-at-sta ... -483874117

:man10:

:man10: Is that real? Is that why at the end Blair is laughing and goes "look at him!"? If so that's awesome.

I don't think it is real actually because I never remember during the TNT broadcast that long of a silence between Reggie and Kevin talking where I could hear the fans clearly enough.

It actually is real. I was watching the game and clearly heared the guy heckling bonner during manu's FTs, he was very loud
I think blair was definitely laughing about that
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm

I didn't know where to post this so I looked up this thread. Not sure why, what the occasion is, but NBA tv is showing the past decade Laker championship clinching games today. Earlier was game 6 2000, (didn't see if game 5 2001 was after that), right now is game 4 2002, next is game 5 2009, and finally game 7 2010 vs Celtics. Will be a fun look back at all our success this decade, has been so far. Looking forward to seeing Pau dominate Howard again, see Howard get stripped, miss free throws, etc, watched game 4 on NBA tv the other day and he had like 7 turnovers, bricked the 2 free throws that allowed Fisher to hit the 3 to send the game to OT.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Mike Trudell: Injuries from last season to Jordan Hill (hip) and Jodie Meeks (ankle) have healed nicely. Both are moving well. Twitter @LakersReporter
Ariza3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Weezy wrote:I didn't know where to post this so I looked up this thread. Not sure why, what the occasion is, but NBA tv is showing the past decade Laker championship clinching games today. Earlier was game 6 2000, (didn't see if game 5 2001 was after that), right now is game 4 2002, next is game 5 2009, and finally game 7 2010 vs Celtics. Will be a fun look back at all our success this decade, has been so far. Looking forward to seeing Pau dominate Howard again, see Howard get stripped, miss free throws, etc, watched game 4 on NBA tv the other day and he had like 7 turnovers, bricked the 2 free throws that allowed Fisher to hit the 3 to send the game to OT.

man we have had some great games....
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Weezy wrote:I didn't know where to post this so I looked up this thread. Not sure why, what the occasion is, but NBA tv is showing the past decade Laker championship clinching games today. Earlier was game 6 2000, (didn't see if game 5 2001 was after that), right now is game 4 2002, next is game 5 2009, and finally game 7 2010 vs Celtics. Will be a fun look back at all our success this decade, has been so far. Looking forward to seeing Pau dominate Howard again, see Howard get stripped, miss free throws, etc, watched game 4 on NBA tv the other day and he had like 7 turnovers, bricked the 2 free throws that allowed Fisher to hit the 3 to send the game to OT.

Yeah, I recorded them and have been watching them tonight. Everyone knew their role and purpose while on the court so well. Especially in Game 4 & 5 of the 2009 NBA Finals against the Magic. Just poetry in motion.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:47 am

Dan Duggan: World Peace: "I got calls from Oklahoma and the Clippers and all these teams. But I came here and it wasn’t to start, it was to win a ring.” Twitter @DDuggan21

glad he didnt go to the clippers...that would have been so annoying of them to snag another exlaker. also okc would have benefitted a lot from signing him to the bench honestly
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Dan Duggan: World Peace: "I got calls from Oklahoma and the Clippers and all these teams. But I came here and it wasn’t to start, it was to win a ring.” Twitter @DDuggan21

glad he didnt go to the clippers...that would have been so annoying of them to snag another exlaker. also okc would have benefitted a lot from signing him to the bench honestly

I agree, much easier to enjoy and cheer for Ron when he's in the East.
Battle Tested20

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:17 pm

so it just hit me... world peace is now with the knicks... paul pierce is with the nets... should make watchin them play against each other even more entertaining
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 am

Great news ... bye bye homers

Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter
Great news for @NBA league pass addicts: for the first time, you can choose to watch either the home or road broadcast for every game.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/380735775299891200
wcsoldier81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:18 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Great news ... bye bye homers

Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter
Great news for @NBA league pass addicts: for the first time, you can choose to watch either the home or road broadcast for every game.

yeah I saw this a few days ago and did a mini celebration. although because I have TWC SportNet it really doesn't matter for me anymore because I'll always be able to here Stu and Bill.
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Aw thanks Metta. One of my fav Ex-Lakers no doubt.

New York Knicks forward Metta World Peace is confident his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers, will be making a trip to the NBA Finals this season.

“I think the Lakers are going to go to the NBA Finals,” World Peace said at a promotional event for his children’s book in New York, via ESPNNewYork.com.

“I think Kobe [Bryant's] gonna be healthy, they’re gonna get Pau [Gasol]. The Lakers are gonna make a big trade like they always do. They’re gonna get another good player, boom, boom, and they’re gonna go to the Finals. I believe it. Kobe’s gonna come back, he’s gonna play team ball, and Pau’s gonna play well.”

World Peace was let go this offseason by the Lakers via the amnesty clause and signed with his hometown team the Knicks. World Peace told ESPN that he would be fine with coming off the bench in New York if that’s what head coach Mike Woodson thinks is best for the team.

“I mean, I came off the bench when I was in Houston, they tried it. I had to start later because I had to get us out of the first round. And then I came off the bench when I was in L.A. and they tried it and then I had to start,” he said. “So I don’t have an issue with coming off the bench. I’ve been starting for 15 years, so hey, it should be somebody else’s chance to start.

“I’ve been starting for 15 years. I could’ve went to any other team I wanted to and started. I got calls from Oklahoma (City) and the Clippers, all these teams, but I came here and it wasn’t to start, it was to win a ring.”
Maybe it will be the Knicks-Lakers in the Finals.

“I think the Knicks are gonna be great,” World Peace said. “Carmelo [Anthony]? What is he, the No. 1 scorer in the last two minutes last season? I’m excited. It’s exciting.”

Read more: http://sportsglory.com/nba/metta-world- ... z2fSsRW7Ks
Ariza3

Postby raviator on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:29 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Great news ... bye bye homers

Mike Trudell
‏@LakersReporter

Awesome! No more having to listen to Portland announcers! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
raviator

Postby XXIV on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 pm

MWP does have a lot of respect for Kobe and the Lakers. It's nice to see there's no hard feelings between the two.
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 pm

The Lakers will indeed likely open the season with a 15-man roster according to a team source, with several of those players on partially guaranteed deals that become fully vetted only if they stick around the team later in the season. Williams already has a partially guaranteed deal, according to a league source, so you figure he would put the roster at 12 (D’Antoni recently raved about him in an interview with Time Warner Cable SportsNet). From there, who out of Harris, Kelly, Landry and Henry will be the odd man out when it comes to cut day?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/37250/countdown-to-camp-10-reasons-to-care
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:13 am

Doc Brown wrote:
The Lakers will indeed likely open the season with a 15-man roster according to a team source, with several of those players on partially guaranteed deals that become fully vetted only if they stick around the team later in the season. Williams already has a partially guaranteed deal, according to a league source, so you figure he would put the roster at 12 (D’Antoni recently raved about him in an interview with Time Warner Cable SportsNet). From there, who out of Harris, Kelly, Landry and Henry will be the odd man out when it comes to cut day?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/37250/countdown-to-camp-10-reasons-to-care

without watching any practice video or without seeing any pre-season game thus far I would have to say it will either be Kelly or Henry that will be cut.
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

without watching any practice video or without seeing any pre-season game thus far I would have to say it will either be Kelly or Henry that will be cut.

I thought Landry was partially guaranteed too?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

11 days til the first pre season game...
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

With no plans for a 3rd backup for PF, and a plethora of SG/SF to play, I think we will stick with Kelly.

He's a big kid that can shoot, but I just don't trust his injury.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

I thought Landry was partially guaranteed too?

his contract his, but from a talent and prospective outlook Landry and Williams are the better players compared to Kelly and Henry in my opinion.
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Without having seen them on the court yet, I'd rather keep Xavier than one of Landry or Williams. Landry and Williams feel like the same player to me and I feel like we don't need that many of them.

Obviously it might change once we see them on the court, but I'd rather have a little more versatility.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am

^^^out of the 3, Xavier probably has the worse shooting touch. He better show it has improved if he is to make the team, I dont think any of the 3 are standout defenders so offensive is going to be the key with the 3 anyways.
khmrP

Postby gcclaker on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:39 am

Caught the end of the 1987 Finals Game 4...the one with Johnson's junior skyhook game winner. In the interview with CBS reporter Pat O'Brien, you could clearly hear in the background Auerbach yelling at Earl Strom. Strom was giving it back too. Brought a smile to my face...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 am

gcclaker wrote:Caught the end of the 1987 Finals Game 4...the one with Johnson's junior skyhook game winner. In the interview with CBS reporter Pat O'Brien, you could clearly hear in the background Auerbach yelling at Earl Strom. Strom was giving it back too. Brought a smile to my face...

to this day, Dick Stockton's voice still irks me
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Juronimo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 pm

gcclaker wrote:Caught the end of the 1987 Finals Game 4...the one with Johnson's junior skyhook game winner. In the interview with CBS reporter Pat O'Brien, you could clearly hear in the background Auerbach yelling at Earl Strom. Strom was giving it back too. Brought a smile to my face...

Reading that Auerbach was so angry makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:36 pm

With the training camp around the corner and pre season soon after I'm starting to get that feeling again! Excited for the season.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion