Random Lakers Thoughts

Re: Random Lakers Thoughts

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm

ive been watching highlights from 2007-2010 and it makes me sad how athletic we used to be and how much ball movement there was. i mean pau could still catch a ball and dunk back then. if only ebanks could become a fraction of what trevor ariza was but thats never gonna happen.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 am

I was at the game tonight and I was wondering, does Jerry Buss still attend every game? Where does he watch from?
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Helljumper on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am

Nash / Duhon / Blake
Meeks / Morris / Johnson-Odom
Bryant / Ebanks / Clark
World Peace / Jamison / Hill
Howard / Gasol / Sacre

Thoughts on this line-up? I'm not necessarily advocating it, but it seems like what D'antoni might be going for.
Helljumper

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 am

Helljumper wrote:Nash / Duhon / Blake
Meeks / Morris / Johnson-Odom
Bryant / Ebanks / Clark
World Peace / Jamison / Hill
Howard / Gasol / Sacre

Thoughts on this line-up? I'm not necessarily advocating it, but it seems like what D'antoni might be going for.

I think that this rotation is better, as it would allow for better utilization of Jamison and Hill, but I do see what D'Antoni is going for
Nash/Duhon/Blake
Bryant/Meeks/Morris
Artest/Bryant/Jamison
Gasol/Artest/Jamison
Howard/Gasol/Hill
I don't have specific numbers or minutes to allocate here, but ideally we'd be getting around 10-15 minutes between Jamison and/or Hill a game. It feels like a waste for them to be rotting away on the bench.
GoldHammish

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:I was at the game tonight and I was wondering, does Jerry Buss still attend every game? Where does he watch from?

i dont know about every game.. but he does have a suite
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Odds Pringles is gone by next Oct?
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Uncle_Meat on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Why was Ramon Sessions let go? He just lit the place up last night. It seems a guard of his ability is sorely missed right now.
Uncle_Meat

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:25 pm

I remember being super excited when they traded for him and I was utterly convinced he was the missing piece. :man10:

He said the reason he opted out is because he didn't want to be included in a trade for a star player like Dwight Howard since he would have been an expiring contract. I can understand his reason for opting out but after opting out, he still could have re-signed with the Lakers. It seemed like he wanted a long term contract and a starting job because his agent got super butthurt about the Steve Nash trade and tweeted that his client would not return to the Lakers. He ended up getting 2 years 10 million and a backup role with the Bobcats.

I think the Lakers still could have re-signed Sessions but it depended on if they were willing to pay him $5 million a year for 2 years. Quite frankly, I don't think they even bothered to talk to him again after the Steve Nash trade so he ended up with the Bobcats.

Now imagine if they used the money they spent on Hill for Sessions...they'd have a legitimate 6th man...maybe they can try to trade Hill for Sessions...
Greatest of All Time

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:I remember being super excited when they traded for him and I was utterly convinced he was the missing piece. :man10:

He said the reason he opted out is because he didn't want to be included in a trade for a star player like Dwight Howard since he would have been an expiring contract. I can understand his reason for opting out but after opting out, he still could have re-signed with the Lakers. It seemed like he wanted a long term contract and a starting job because his agent got super butthurt about the Steve Nash trade and tweeted that his client would not return to the Lakers. He ended up getting 2 years 10 million and a backup role with the Bobcats.

I think the Lakers still could have re-signed Sessions but it depended on if they were willing to pay him $5 million a year for 2 years. Quite frankly, I don't think they even bothered to talk to him again after the Steve Nash trade so he ended up with the Bobcats.

Now imagine if they used the money they spent on Hill for Sessions...they'd have a legitimate 6th man...maybe they can try to trade Hill for Sessions...

hill and blake for sessions would be phenomenal (if possible financially)

i just want blake very far away from this team
LooN3y

Postby Nikez on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:24 am

432J wrote:and to think some people on here actually liked the fact that the lakers hired dan tony
:man10:

He was the best hire besides phil IMO
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Nikez wrote:
432J wrote:and to think some people on here actually liked the fact that the lakers hired dan tony

jerry sloan?
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby borri on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:Why was Ramon Sessions let go? He just lit the place up last night. It seems a guard of his ability is sorely missed right now.

He left on his own accord. But yes, he's a perfect PG for Antoni's system. Matt Barnes would also be a great option at backup SF too.
borri

Postby John3:16 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

DarthRekal wrote:
Nikez wrote:

jerry sloan?

Sloan would have them get back on defense.

Okay, maybe not. But he'd bust an aneurism trying to get them to.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

John3:16 wrote:
DarthRekal wrote:
Nikez wrote:

jerry sloan?

^^ :man10: True. Well, Sloan was my favorite candidate for sure. I thought he would be a perfect fit for this veteran team on both sides of the ball. He's not a one trick pony like Antoni.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

John3:16 wrote:
DarthRekal wrote:
Nikez wrote:

jerry sloan?

The Lakers owners apparently want flashy showtime bball, no longer do they want dump it into the post ball. I think, a big part is also Time Warner wants a more exciting style of play too. So I see why they did not even try to contact Sloan. They got the right coach for it, now they need to probably blow the whole team up to make us chip contenders.
easyguy

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 am

Looking at the schedule. Lakers play on Christmas day and then play up in Denver the next day on the 26th. Road Teams rarely win in Denver when its their 2nd game of a back to back but the funny thing is the Nuggets will be in LA playing the Clippers AFTER our game. So we might've caught a break here. We get these next two wins I think we might end up in the 6th or 7th seed in a handful of days

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:42 am

I really hate the idea that we'll be playing with a jersey that doesn't have even a little bit of gold.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:31 pm

The Rock wrote:Looking at the schedule. Lakers play on Christmas day and then play up in Denver the next day on the 26th. Road Teams rarely win in Denver when its their 2nd game of a back to back but the funny thing is the Nuggets will be in LA playing the Clippers AFTER our game. So we might've caught a break here. We get these next two wins I think we might end up in the 6th or 7th seed in a handful of days

:jam2: might be going to game tonight
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm

first REAL ROAD LAKERS game :jam2:
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 am

20 wins or 20 losses first?
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Weezy on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 am

Watching game 2 of the '09 finals on Timeless Lakers. In OT right now, Pau was aggressive, got fouled and hit the 2 free throws, then got an and 1 layup. Dude was a beast, his arms look bigger and he looks stronger overall, he was outplaying Dwight big time. In the OT, Dwight got stripped by Pau going to the hoop, then had one and 1, then they don't even go back to him, he's a non factor (except for bad stuff like pushing Pau on an offensive rebound attempt and getting called for the foul), Pau pretty much dominated him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Weezy wrote:Watching game 2 of the '09 finals on Timeless Lakers. In OT right now, Pau was aggressive, got fouled and hit the 2 free throws, then got an and 1 layup. Dude was a beast, his arms look bigger and he looks stronger overall, he was outplaying Dwight big time. In the OT, Dwight got stripped by Pau going to the hoop, then had one and 1, then they don't even go back to him, he's a non factor (except for bad stuff like pushing Pau on an offensive rebound attempt and getting called for the foul), Pau pretty much dominated him.

Pau should have won the MVP for the finals that year, seriously, just for what he did to Dwight. Dwight single handedly destroyed Cleveland in the previous series, and Pau not only contained Dwight, he dominated him in that series.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby v1n5anity on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 pm

I've never really thought about it until now, but the Harden trade did help us match up with OKC better. The problem last year was, if OKC went with the Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins lineup and we went with the Sessions/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Bynum lineup, there would be a horrible mismatch for OKC to take advantage of in the PG or SG position depending on who Kobe WASN'T guarding. If Sessions was on Westbrook, that was trouble. If Sessions was on Harden, that's even worse.

Now, we can go with Kobe on Westbrook and put Nash on Martin. Martin is obviously bigger and taller than Nash, but he's mostly a jump shooter and I think Nash can do a decent job in contesting his shot. It's certainly not as big a mismatch as last season.

And on top of that, we have a mismatch we can take advantage of much like OKC had last year. Who does Martin guard? Nash? LOL. Kobe? LOL. MWP? LOL. That's going to be a problem for OKC. How will they hide Martin on D? MWP would school him in the post and overpower him like it's nothing.

This will definitely be interesting.
v1n5anity

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:36 am

Juronimo wrote:
Weezy wrote:Watching game 2 of the '09 finals on Timeless Lakers. In OT right now, Pau was aggressive, got fouled and hit the 2 free throws, then got an and 1 layup. Dude was a beast, his arms look bigger and he looks stronger overall, he was outplaying Dwight big time. In the OT, Dwight got stripped by Pau going to the hoop, then had one and 1, then they don't even go back to him, he's a non factor (except for bad stuff like pushing Pau on an offensive rebound attempt and getting called for the foul), Pau pretty much dominated him.

Pau should have won the MVP for the finals that year, seriously, just for what he did to Dwight. Dwight single handedly destroyed Cleveland in the previous series, and Pau not only contained Dwight, he dominated him in that series.

LOL no. Pau played great, but Kobe was CLEARLY the best player and the MVP not even debatable.
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion