Cassell
PJ
Finley

Nice try tho.

More rent-a-players:
Posey
Nate
Starbury

BTW: A little ironic that his daughter lives in LA? Why are you in LA? GTFO, and go back to Bawstahn.
Last edited by kray28 on Sun May 30, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kray28

Re: Randy Auerbach dissing the Lakers?

Postby revgen on Sun May 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Who?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun May 30, 2010 4:19 pm

LMAO @ toine shimmies
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun May 30, 2010 4:34 pm

kray28 wrote:
nameant wrote:Ray
KG
Cassell
PJ
Finley

Nice try tho.

More rent-a-players:
Posey
Nate
Starbury

BTW: A little ironic that his daughter lives in LA? Why are you in LA? GTFO, and go back to Bawstahn.

Co-sign. Oh, and lets not forget they traded Eddie House, a fan favorite.

What a dumba**, living in LA and complaining about the Lakers. Either sit in a corner and STFU or leave.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:04 pm

hes dead
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby LakerPride247 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Like father like daughter.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby thewill on Sun May 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Classy? Didn't Phil mention that Red Auerbach lighted a cigar and blow smoke at his opponents after every win?
thewill

Postby from714to402 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:hes dead

Someone didn't read the article or thread.
from714to402

Postby LakerPride247 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:35 pm

thewill wrote:Classy? Didn't Phil mention that Red Auerbach lighted a cigar and blow smoke at his opponents after every win?

He has made mention of how much this angered his coach, Red Holzman, when he was with the Knicks. I know that he had also made mention before his 10th title that when he did get it, it would be extra special because of how Holzman was treated by Auerbach.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 pm

She just upset cause her dad wanted a boy and named her Randy. Its ok you'll never live up to her daddy wanting a boy.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun May 30, 2010 7:36 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:From a 2008 article:

Red Auerbach and the Lakers' Phil Jackson are tied for the most NBA championships by a coach, with nine. All of Auerbach's titles were won with the Celtics. Jackson has won six with Chicago and three with the Lakers.

The Celtics temporarily prevented Jackson from passing Auerbach on the career wins list by winning in Los Angeles, 110-91, last Dec. 30. And by defeating the Lakers for the ninth time in 11 Finals matchups, they would stop him from surpassing Auerbach in NBA titles.

So how does Jackson compare with Auerbach?

"No comment," Randy Auerbach said. "I think that says it all. This is not any reflection on Phil, per se, but I resent the comparison.

"[Jackson] has been with two different teams. Two different circumstances. That's not to take anything away from him. But you can't compare the two. Or, at least I can't.

"I prefer [Jackson] not [pass Red]. He didn't have eight consecutive titles with one team. Someone needs to point that out.

"He's had great success. But it's completely different."

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Her reasoning is just ridiculous. Does it matter how many titles Phil had with one team? If anything that just shows how amazing he is as a coach to do it with more than one franchise. Phil also won titles in arguably the most competitive era of NBA basketball. To do it with two different franchises in eras where rule changes require coaches to adapt should put to bed any argument that Auerbach is better than Phil Jackson. Phil is the greatest coach and has the rings to prove it.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby SOAD on Sun May 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Of course boyname loves Boston so much she lives in LA.
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Sun May 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Anyone read this article? Here are the tidbits:

“I would like to take all the Lakers flags off the cars and burn them,” Randy Auerbach said. “It’s really annoying. It doesn’t make sense to me. There is still a strong rivalry.

“How did my father feel about the Lakers? No comment. They’re a great franchise, clearly. I think the Celtics are more of a unique organization that attracted a certain player. We had so many players who started and finished their careers in Boston. We didn’t trade for the sake of exploiting a player in their last year. The times are different. The Celtics are a classy organization. My dad knew everyone’s kids, where they were [after retirement], where they were working. They mean a lot to him. They were a real sense of family.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArkbQOJrjzKrPAUeDJrjVQa8vLYF?slug=mc-lakersceltics053010

Why does this lady even live in LA???? Take a hike lady!
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby ElginTheGreat on Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 pm

revgen wrote:Who?
ElginTheGreat

Postby TheMachinist on Sun May 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Does anyone have a picture of this old broad? I'm curious how ugly this hag is if she's the daughter of Red....
Expect the best but prepare for the wost.
TheMachinist

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon May 31, 2010 12:05 am

TheMachinist wrote:Does anyone have a picture of this old broad? I'm curious how ugly this hag is if she's the daughter of Red....

Found these by searching Google Images. She's the woman in the middle of the first picture and on the left in the second. To me, her support of THOSE GUYS is much uglier than her looks. :man10:

Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 am

That guy needs to cut his hair. Can't stand when men dress like women. :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby What Is Love on Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 am

In the first picture far left, is that a...leprechaun?
You can't beat L.A.
What Is Love

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon May 31, 2010 12:39 am

I see the family resemblance....

LakerFanIam

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 am

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
LakeShow09 wrote:From a 2008 article:

Red Auerbach and the Lakers' Phil Jackson are tied for the most NBA championships by a coach, with nine. All of Auerbach's titles were won with the Celtics. Jackson has won six with Chicago and three with the Lakers.

The Celtics temporarily prevented Jackson from passing Auerbach on the career wins list by winning in Los Angeles, 110-91, last Dec. 30. And by defeating the Lakers for the ninth time in 11 Finals matchups, they would stop him from surpassing Auerbach in NBA titles.

So how does Jackson compare with Auerbach?

"No comment," Randy Auerbach said. "I think that says it all. This is not any reflection on Phil, per se, but I resent the comparison.

"[Jackson] has been with two different teams. Two different circumstances. That's not to take anything away from him. But you can't compare the two. Or, at least I can't.

"I prefer [Jackson] not [pass Red]. He didn't have eight consecutive titles with one team. Someone needs to point that out.

"He's had great success. But it's completely different."

“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby Quik Z06 on Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 am

Lol, the first time I heard that story it made me laugh, its so obvious she is butt hurt that her dad like the Celtics play second fiddle to the Lakers.
Quik Z06

Postby gymmom9 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 am

Actually if you listened to what Randy said, she was quite respectful. She is clearly a Celtics fan but also recognizes the coaching accomplishments and skill of Phil Jackson. As far as the flags, that was a comment made lightly. Wouldn't seeing constant advertisements for a team you don't support annoy most people?? Of course! You Laker fans out there should read the whole article, not just sound bites taken out of context.
gymmom9

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:24 am

[quote="gymmom9"]Actually if you listened to what Randy said, she was quite respectful. She is clearly a Celtics fan but also recognizes the coaching accomplishments and skill of Phil Jackson. As far as the flags, that was a comment made lightly. Wouldn't seeing constant advertisements for a team you don't support annoy most people?? Of course! You Laker fans out there should read the whole article, not just sound bites taken out of context.[/quote]

gtfo here, all of her "praise" came with another underhand commet, like Jackson is great coach but OH he didn't win it with one team, or Lakers are a great franchise "but" they're not loyal like the celtics orgs. who dont trade away their players when they get old, blah blah blah, I know we fans undervalue those Bos earlier titles, but you dont see any of our staff going around to media saying "oh bos is great org. and has won alot of titles but they did it in an era where there weren't as many teams around nor that great of a competition" I wonder how butt hurt all of Bos would be if they saw that in the news/media
khmrP

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 am

gymmom9 wrote:Actually if you listened to what Randy said, she was quite respectful. She is clearly a Celtics fan but also recognizes the coaching accomplishments and skill of Phil Jackson. As far as the flags, that was a comment made lightly. Wouldn't seeing constant advertisements for a team you don't support annoy most people?? Of course! You Laker fans out there should read the whole article, not just sound bites taken out of context.

Obviously you're not a Laker fan so if you're bothered by our opinions the door is over there.

Also her complaining about Laker flags in LA is like choosing to move to the desert and complaining about the heat. Respect my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. There is no respect from THOSE GUYS and we sure as hell aren't going to respect them back. We hate them they hate us.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion