Randy Auerbach dissing the Lakers?

Re: Randy Auerbach dissing the Lakers?

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 am

gymmom9 wrote:Actually if you listened to what Randy said, she was quite respectful. She is clearly a Celtics fan but also recognizes the coaching accomplishments and skill of Phil Jackson. As far as the flags, that was a comment made lightly. Wouldn't seeing constant advertisements for a team you don't support annoy most people?? Of course! You Laker fans out there should read the whole article, not just sound bites taken out of context.

Obviously you're not a Laker fan so if you're bothered by our opinions the door is over there.

Also her complaining about Laker flags in LA is like choosing to move to the desert and complaining about the heat. Respect my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. There is no respect from THOSE GUYS and we sure as hell aren't going to respect them back. We hate them they hate us.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 pm

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby gymmom9 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Obviously none of you people are listening to or reading or comprehending anything. Perhaps a refresher course in reading comprehension would be helpful. Anyone with any knowledge of the NBA and it's history would know that every word said by Ms. Auerbach is accurate. Actually, she gave Phil Jackson more credit then he deserved. Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the game could coach a ready made team. Jackson works from the equivalent of a boxed cake mix where as Mr. Auerbach worked from scratch.
gymmom9

Postby John3:16 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 pm

gymmom9 wrote:Obviously none of you people are listening to or reading or comprehending anything. Perhaps a refresher course in reading comprehension would be helpful. Anyone with any knowledge of the NBA and it's history would know that every word said by Ms. Auerbach is accurate. Actually, she gave Phil Jackson more credit then he deserved. Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the game could coach a ready made team. Jackson works from the equivalent of a boxed cake mix where as Mr. Auerbach worked from scratch.

Not that you deserve a response, but how was the 2006 team he took over "ready made" ?

How many rings did Chicago win before he arrived? How many rings were Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe wearing before he coached them? How many without him?

Red won 2 series each year for the ring. Obviously, 4 series' is a lot more difficult, but Randy (is that really her name) failed to mention that part. Wonder why?
John3:16

Postby kray28 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:20 pm

gymmom9 wrote:Obviously none of you people are listening to or reading or comprehending anything. Perhaps a refresher course in reading comprehension would be helpful. Anyone with any knowledge of the NBA and it's history would know that every word said by Ms. Auerbach is accurate. Actually, she gave Phil Jackson more credit then he deserved. Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the game could coach a ready made team. Jackson works from the equivalent of a boxed cake mix where as Mr. Auerbach worked from scratch.

You mean Red worked in an era where if you played for him, he basically owned you? There was no real free agency and he could basically decide what to pay you?

Sounds much harder and way more complicated...especially with only 7 other teams to compete with. How did Red in the modern NBA with 25+ teams and free agency?

Phil took over a team in 2006 which won 34 games the year before, and coached them up to 45. They started Smush Parker at point, Kwame Brown at center, and Luke Walton at small forward. Smush was trying out in the summer leagues a few months before he started for us. Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Red won 2 series each year for the ring. Obviously, 4 series' is a lot more difficult, but Randy (is that really her name) failed to mention that part. Wonder why?

Because Randy doesn't know her arse from a hole in the ground.
kray28

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Obviously you have no knowledge of Phil Jackson's coaching history. If you're going to call out other people's reading comprehension, make sure you get your fact straight.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby gill on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the game could coach a ready made team.

Coming from a guy named "gym mom"? I'd love to see you try.

Ready made team? Your very own Doc Rivers was on the cusp of getting boot after '07 had it not been him getting a "ready made team" in '08. Pot meet kettle... :freak2:

Any coach in the league can win if you give him a "ready made team", granted they know how to use its components. Sick and tired of Phil getting criticized for this... from a Boston troll no less.
Last edited by gill on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gill

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:40 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:I see the family resemblance....

Definitely.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby bleed purple n gold on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Randy, is that you?

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby gymmom9 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:07 pm

I am not Randy! I just know what a smart lady she is.
gymmom9

Postby 432J on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

phil>red
432J

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:53 pm

gymmom9 wrote:I am not Randy! I just know what a smart lady she is.

HAHA.. why are you here? You want to defend that little boy Randy? No one here cares what that douche bag says nor do we care that you wish to defend her. Go back to the Celtics board and celebrate the fact that you guys are relevent again. It won't last long.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby gymmom9 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Grow up! It is the pinnacle of ignorance to insult someone you do not know who expresses clear, intelligent opinions.
gymmom9

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 pm

gymmom9 wrote:Grow up! It is the pinnacle of ignorance to insult someone you do not know who expresses clear, intelligent opinions.

the pinnacle of ignorance would be to join a fan board of the opposition for the sole purpose to troll. That shows a lack of faith in your teams chances to do what they need to do. You didn't join this board before Boston played the quitting Cavs nor the Magic. Nope, you decided to show up when they finally beat the Magic after being up 3-0 in game 6. I find anyone who is so insecure that they need to troll another board to lack true intellegence. A grown man or woman wouldn't feel the need to do it for the sake of doing it. One of us needs to grow up, this is true. Unfortunately, you failed to realize its all the Celtics fans who are now trolling our board including yourself.

By the way, I don't care what this little man they call Red's daughter has to say. The only reason anyone is listening to her is because of her daddy. She hasn't done anything to warrant any consideration for her opinion. again, Celtic Trolls are funny.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby hig on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Randy, like her douchebag of a father, keep pointing out that Phil has had great players on his championship teams...while seeming to forget that Red's Celtic teams were comprised of perennial all-stars and HOFers....
Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn, KC Jones, Sam Jones, John Havlicek...not to mention the teams of the 80's with Bird, Parrish, McHale, DJ, Ainge...nope, just scrubs on those teams.
"I'm sure people who've been in our corner, they'll stay in our corner. People who are not, I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon.

"Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room.'
hig

Postby gymmom9 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 am

I joined because a forum is supposed to be a positive place to exchange intelligent ideas. It is unacceptable to use it to bash people that you do not know and somebody needed to defend the Auerbach family whose intelligence and class far exceeds that of anyone who I have read on this board. You all are not about supporting the Lakers which is a great thing! You are about bashing others. Jackson himself and most of the actual Lakers for that matter have great respect for Mr. Auerbach and all that he accomplished. Why don't you all just support and root for your team and stop acting like playground bullies?
gymmom9

Postby John3:16 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 am

^^^ Phil doesn't respect Red. He thinks he won in a small league with inferior talent. Red, Cousy, and 90% of those players couldn't hack it in todays NBA.

Postby sm61893 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 am

Kwame's Cake wrote:Shut up, the Antoine Walker era WAS GREAT!!!!

Without him, where the hell would we find all these Shimmy pictures??

As a former Marine I can't stand the last pic. That pic I hold very close to my heart and can't stand seeing it disrespected like that.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby sm61893 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 am

gymmom9 wrote:I joined because a forum is supposed to be a positive place to exchange intelligent ideas. It is unacceptable to use it to bash people that you do not know and somebody needed to defend the Auerbach family whose intelligence and class far exceeds that of anyone who I have read on this board. You all are not about supporting the Lakers which is a great thing! You are about bashing others. Jackson himself and most of the actual Lakers for that matter have great respect for Mr. Auerbach and all that he accomplished. Why don't you all just support and root for your team and stop acting like playground bullies?

Sell your sad story somewhere ells. What do you expect when Auerbach's daughter puts down our coach and team. Show no respect get no respect.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby gymmom9 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:05 am

She was 100% respectful of both Phil JAckson and the Lakers. It is the fans who I believe deserve no respect
gymmom9

Postby John3:16 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:49 am

gymmom9 wrote:She was 100% respectful of both Phil JAckson and the Lakers. It is the fans who I believe deserve no respect

No one cares about Randy or "his" opinion. Thanks though.

Postby gymmom9 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 am

Actually EVERYONE cares about Randy because if you people didn't care, you wouldn't bother to discuss her in the first place. And, what is with the hype about her name, Randy is a popular name for girls and has been for many years.
gymmom9

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 am

She lost me by saying Boston is a classy organization. :man10:

When the hell has Boston been a classy organization? I mean, they promised Leon Powe they would take care of him, then won't even give him a small contract. Then we have Danny Ainge throwing towels during FT's. Then we have PP throwing gang signs and faking a injury/wheelchair. KG getting into people's faces and talking trash when he's in a suit, banging on little guys, and hiding on big guys. Then Rondo talking trash to and disrespecting CP3 about him never going to win a championship.

That just goes on and on.

Boston, stay Classy (joke). :man10:
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby gymmom9 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:49 am

I am mostly talking about the Celtics of past, the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. They were all class, they were Auerbach's Celtics
gymmom9

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion