Vladimir Radmanovic

SMALL FORWARD
Tracy McGrady
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Lazar Hayward
Tyler Honeycutt
Damion James
Christapher Johnson
(Seriously, that's the correct spelling)
Luke Walton
Dominic McGuire

SHOOTING GUARD
James White
Damien Wilkins
Raja Bell
Marquis Daniels
DeQuan Jones
Quentin Richardson
Daequan Cook
Andrew Goudelock
Xavier Henry
Dominique Jones
Darius Morris
Garrett Temple
Elliot Williams

POINT GUARD
Rodrigue Beaubois
Toney Douglas
Ben Hansbrough
Royal Ivey
Mike James
Charles Jenkins
Darius Johnson-Odom
Shaun Livingston
John Lucas III
Jannero Pargo
Jeremy Pargo
A.J. Price
Ronnie Price
Pablo Prigioni
Josh Selby
Nolan Smith
Chris Wright

OK, everyone, have fun picking through this murderer's row of roundball horror shows. Talk about the bargain bin!!! SHEESH. :man10: :man9: :disagree:

I'd probably go Diop, Sacre, Radmanovic, Damien Wilkins, McGrady, Bell, Douglas. Cream of the Crap.

PG: Nash / Blake / Douglas
SG: Kobe / Wilkins / Meeks
SF: Bell / McGrady
PF: Hill / Vlad / Kelly
C: Pau / Diop / Sacre

Probably not a playoff team, but maybe over .500??? Man, this season is going to SUCK!!!! :man5: :man6:
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Re: Realistic Free Agents: A Sad, Sorry List

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, at least we can look forward to Wiggins or Jabari or someone. Hopefully next off-season will be great.
The Laker Link

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent Omri Casspi has reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y! Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

LOL...even the bargain basement guys are getting skunked. MAN, Houston already took Francisco Garcia back off the market for God's sake!!! They really messed us over :man5:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Where is Wayne Ellington on that list?

Gosh, people probably think I am in love with him or something because I keep bringing his name up in threads, but he's still on the market without a team and is still young (26) with a great shot and decent defense.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Where is Wayne Ellington on that list?

Gosh, people probably think I am in love with him or something because I keep bringing his name up in threads, but he's still on the market without a team and is still young (26) with a great shot and decent defense.

The list is for "realistic" options. I consider Wayne Ellington to be out of our price range. Not impossible, but I just don't see it as "realistic"
Snakell Beast

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:Where is Wayne Ellington on that list?

The list is for "realistic" options. I consider Wayne Ellington to be out of our price range. Not impossible, but I just don't see it as "realistic"

probably right
Battle Tested20

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Cavs almost re-upped him, decided on Jarrett Jack instead. He's on many teams' radar...young, athletic with a good outside shot...too much value to get for less than 2 or 3 years at 3-5 million. Mark my words. We'll be outbid. Houston skunked Omri Casspi for god's sake.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Teams smell blood in the water and are circling us, picking off any possible quality gets we might be able to string together. Anyone in an NBA office who KNOWS BASKETBALL, understands that we are still not THAT far from contending this season...if we had gotten, say, K-Mart, Garcia, Delfino and Calderon (not possible as two are already taken, but it's an example) we would have become an instant dark horse team in the west.

With Kobe, Pau and Nash, we don't need huge secondary pieces to make noise. That's why GMs are overbidding on supporting players this year, they want us to feel the loss of Dwight all the more. Teams out there are just ITCHING to make us irrelevant. They won't succeed for very long.

We shall rise, Like a Phoenix, from the ashes...It's actually kind of exciting in a way, I'd hav preferred Dwight to stay so we could try a few more runs, but this has its own appeal, especially for a basketball nerd like myself :man11:
Snakell Beast

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Well it's not like we were going to be giving anyone a multi year contract anyways. Sign a few turds to one year minimum deals, and call it an offseason.
Frank Dux

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I honestly don't think Ellington makes much more than 3.1 million this off-season. He's not worth much more than that even if he's as good as he can be.

I'm still hopeful we land a guy like Ellington, Collison, Young, or Mullens. Someone young, with talent, that's been underwhelming so far in their career after showing some promise. Try to sell them on having a big role in our team this season and auditioning for a bigger contract and even bigger role next season.

Even if we fill out the roster with crap guys on minimum contracts, I hope we at least get ONE talented player. It'd give us something to look forward to.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Suppose this list is the best we can do.

CENTER
Sacre
Scoring Efficiency: 4.1
Passing Efficiency: 1.7
Hustle Efficiency: 2.7
Offensive Efficiency: 50.4
Sacre isn't much of a defender, and his first season's performance in the NBA suggests that he's not an NBA level talent. He'll struggle to find minutes, so if we're relying on him, we're in trouble.

Diop
SCOFF: 2.5
PAFF: 2.3
HUFF: 3.3
O-EFF: 42.1
Diop hasn't played meaningful minutes since the 08/09 season. He posted one of the worst scoring efficiencies in the NBA. He posted one of the worst offensive ratings in the NBA. He's done.

Barron
SCOFF: 4.6
PAFF: 2.2
HUFF: 3.9
O-EFF: 81.1
Barron hasn't played meaningful minutes since 07/08. His overall numbers are solid in New York, but, again, we can't expect much from him. Don't want him.

Samuels
SCOFF: 4.8
PAFF: 2.0
HUFF: 2.5
O-EFF: 59.5
Semuels's numbers aren't good, but he played a career low minutes. In his first two seasons, he posted SCOFF of about 5.3, PAFF of 1.5, and HUFF of 3.2. That's in the mid to upper 70s. And that was in more minutes. In other words, he's a solid backup. He's an athlete and he's young. Yes, please.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:07 pm

I'd love Samuels. I saw him a year or two ago and he's an active guy, young, athletic. He's not very good, but he'd be a good addition because he's got some fire in him. He'd be a decent fit next to Pau.

I don't know what kind of attention he's getting. I'd definitely take him though.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:12 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'd love Samuels. I saw him a year or two ago and he's an active guy, young, athletic. He's not very good, but he'd be a good addition because he's got some fire in him. He'd be a decent fit next to Pau.

I don't know what kind of attention he's getting. I'd definitely take him though.

Any big that will do the dirty work [setting picks, boxing out, rebounds, hedging]...not whine about touches is A fit with Gasol and 24. Bynum even with all his eccentricities did those. Heck, I'd would have been willing to roll with Bogut had that S&T scenario was worked out. If this kid Samuels has that mentality he's worth a look.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm not sure if he's a good screen setter or not and he's a little undersized, but he's a hard worker on the glass and you can see he's pretty athletic.

I'd go for Mullens first if we have a shot at him, but if we could get Samuels for the minimum, I'd do that all day every day.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Real Free Agent Options for Lakers:

POWER FORWARD
Chris Wilcox
SCOFF: 5.1
PAFF: 1.6
HUF: 3.2
O-EFF: 72.8
His last three seasons he has shot 58, 60, and 72% from the floor. He's not a great fit, but he wouldn't be a bad addition.

Vladimir Radmanovic
SCOFF: 4.2
PAFF: 2.2
HUFF: 3.3
O-EFF: 64.6
Vlad isn't terrible, but I'd go for Odom or Wilcox over him. In a heartbeat.

Luke Babbitt
SCOFF: 5.1
PAFF: 1.8
HUFF: 2.1
O-EFF: 57.0
Not good numbers from Babbitt, and he's not a starter or even a good backup, but he's a fine last big on the roster.

Henry Sims
I don't know anything about him.

Hakim Warrick
SCOFF: 5.4
PAFF: 2.1
HUFF: 2.6
O-EFF: 72.1
Solid numbers in limited minutes from Warrick. A score of 70 means that Warrick is basically capable of playing backup (he even started 14 of his 27 games in Charlotte) and doing so well. His defensive numbers are pretty terrible. The Lakers can do better.

Solomon Jones
Jones hasn't played appreciable minutes since 2010/11. He has a subpar offensive game, I'm not sure about his defensive game, but his teams have been amazingly bad with him on the floor over the past two seasons.

Jared Jeffries
No thanks. Doesn't turn it over, but that's about all he has going for himself.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Finwë on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Depressing.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kblo247 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Portland has reached agreement with free agent Earl Watson, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, says.

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 52s
Darren Collison, I'm told, is going to the Clippers. Done deal. Two-year deal, player option in Year 2
kblo247

Postby dj vitus on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm

DJO, Goudelock, CDR. Boom goes the dynamite.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Wow Darren Collison is a steal for the Clippers. Damn. Their 1-3 is super solid.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:Wow Darren Collison is a steal for the Clippers. Damn. Their 1-3 is super solid.

Yeah, how'd we miss out on that one... he wanted to play in L.A. Guess we weren't looking for another point guard?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 pm

We're not trying to make ourselves better, that's how we missed it. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Didn't Collison used to back up Paul?
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Sirron wrote:Didn't Collison used to back up Paul?

yep, back in their NO days
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Sirron wrote:Didn't Collison used to back up Paul?

yes, his rookie year in New Orleans.
Battle Tested20

Postby Snake Eyes on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Prigioni played pretty well for NY. I'd love for him to come to LA for a one year deal since he is 36 years old. He could be out last string PG. Or if we run with Blake at SG while Kobe is out he'd be the primary backup. Prigioni shot 39% from the 3pt line so D'Antoni would probably like him.
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake Eyes

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion