A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances (PLAYOFF POLL!)

What will be the outcome of the Lakers vs Spurs series?

Lakers in 4
4%
Lakers in 5
2%
Lakers in 6
44%
Lakers in 7
12%
Spurs in 4
8%
Spurs in 5
11%
Spurs in 6
14%
Spurs in 7
1%

Total votes : 70

Re: A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances

Postby khmrP on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:10 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
khmrP wrote:for the folks who think 6th is realistic, well :man10:

surprisingly its still not completely out of reach....we just have to beat some really good teams to make up for those terrible losses to the suns and wizards....and to be honest at this point if we beat the better teams, those will be more meaningful wins. I'm gonna keep the faith...i know things are bad, but im not giving up until this team is OUT of the playoff race or OUT of the playoffs. This team loves to make it interesting and i wish they didnt always do this....but it is what it is...we're a middle of the pack team and had we not dug ourselves a huge hole in the beginning of the season, i have no doubt this team woulda been in Golden State's position right now and not fighting for the 8th spot. Just gotta win on the road now....starting with Golden State game.

yes mathematically we're in it but judging by Pho/Wiz games, can people really still be that overconfident?
khmrP

Postby jlkr on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

6th is unrealistic at this point. would have overtake not one but two teams that are 3 losses ahead with 12 games to play. Just might overtake one of them, but certainly not both. HOU is definitely not getting caught. GS is a maybe; Lakers would need to sweep both remaining head to head contests, then get help from other teams to beat GS for the 7th spot.

By the same token, POR is gone, 3 losses behind the Lakers with 12 to play; they'd have to pass 3 teams in front of them to do it (Lakers, DAL, UTA). I don't think so.

UTA now has the easiest schedule to the finish line from here. 8 games at home, 4 on the road and 5 opponents in those 12 games left which are totally out of the playoffs. Despite the loss tonight, they could still overtake the Lakers if the Lakers stumble to the finish line.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 am

James 'Beard' Harden!! :mad1:

So, we have 2 games ahead Jazz...but they have a much easier schedule!
We've to play hard until the last game against Hou!
denimPortugal

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 am

Utah still has to play

PHI
PHX
@ POR
BKN Back to Back
POR
DEN
NOH
@ GSW
OKC
MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

I see them going .500 here. So, we don't exactly have to play spectacular basketball to make the playoffs, but it would be good to gain at least some momentum.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:51 am

PHI - W
PHX - W
@ POR - L
BKN - L
POR - W
DEN - L
NOH - W
@ GSW - L
OKC - L
MIN - W
@ MIN - W
@ MEM - L [probable L only IF Memphis has a chance to move up to a higher seed]

6 - 6
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 am

PHI w
PHX w
@ POR l
BKN w
POR w
DEN l
NOH w
@ GSW l
OKC l
MIN w
@ MIN w
@ MEM ? (depends on whether memphis has seeding locked up)

i have them at 8-4 or 7-5. meaning the lakers must be 8-4 or better. possible, but i'm not at all confident.
abeer3

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 am

Forget about 7th & I'm not even going to mention 6th, we are going to finish 8th & that's if we are lucky. Just being real here.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby dneprovec on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

utah won :bang: :bang:
we getting beat
dneprovec

Postby v1n5anity on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm

karacha wrote:Utah still has to play

PHI
PHX
@ POR
BKN Back to Back
POR
DEN
NOH
@ GSW
OKC
MIN
@ MIN
@ MEM

I see them going .500 here. So, we don't exactly have to play spectacular basketball to make the playoffs, but it would be good to gain at least some momentum.

Dallas is creeping up too
v1n5anity

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Rey-Rey ‏@TheNoLookPass 1m
6) GS (41-31). 7) HOU (39-31). 8) LAL (36-35). 9) UTA (35-36). 10) DAL (34-36). Oh, boy.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Finwë wrote:
Rey-Rey ‏@TheNoLookPass 1m
6) GS (41-31). 7) HOU (39-31). 8) LAL (36-35). 9) UTA (35-36). 10) DAL (34-36). Oh, boy.

:bang: :boxing1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

where's that poster who questioned me bout this team repeating that peformance in PHO at? :man10:
khmrP

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

it doesn't matter anymore. even if we make the playoffs it is highly unlikely we win it all. it's laughable to even think we will. sadly :disagree:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Nashty Gal wrote:it doesn't matter anymore. even if we make the playoffs it is highly unlikely we win it all. it's laughable to even think we will. sadly :disagree:

I said it earlier, even if we made it the way we're making it now its just gona lead to same type of embarassement.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 pm

We play in Minnesota next, haven't lost to the T-Wolves since 2008, thats 20 straight wins vs them coming into this game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm

The Rock wrote:We play in Minnesota next, haven't lost to the T-Wolves since 2008, thats 20 straight wins vs them coming into this game

sounds like a setup for a disappointing loss if i ever heard one
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
The Rock wrote:We play in Minnesota next, haven't lost to the T-Wolves since 2008, thats 20 straight wins vs them coming into this game

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 pm

khmrP wrote:
Nashty Gal wrote:it doesn't matter anymore. even if we make the playoffs it is highly unlikely we win it all. it's laughable to even think we will. sadly :disagree:

I said it earlier, even if we made it the way we're making it now its just gona lead to same type of embarassement.

I want to know the record for most lopsided sweep in playoff history (NBA and Laker) just so we're ready.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

If the Lakers LOSE @Minnesota....i'm gonna call it right now...they will finish 10th in the West. This is why you do not let games like the Washington game get away from you this late in the season...i SOMEWHAT understand the phoenix game...but Washington at home on 3 days rest is INEXCUSABLE....

Man, and to think I had this team winning 45, possibly 46 games? Yeah, theyll have to go 10-1 or 9-2 the rest of the way to reach that now. Good luck, idiots.

I still think we can make the playoffs...its basically gonna come down to who SUCKS more...Utah or LA...oh and Dallas is also creeping up...same with Portland, and we face both Dallas and Portland in April. Good GOD please help the Lakers. I thought our days of losing 2-3 in a row were behind us.
FabFourLakers

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Normally it would pain me to say this....but they don't deserve the playoffs.

If I believed in this team and the philosophy they played with, then I could chalk this off to an injury plagued season and remaining status quo.

However, with them missing the playoffs, the FO needs to get off their butts and address the problem ASAP. Yes there are players growing fat on their fat contracts (Pau, MWP, etc.)...but more importantly its the direction that management wants the fanbase to beLIEve in that is the most deceiving.

Change the way we play and you get better results...even with this roster intact.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Losing to PHX was bad enough, but WAS was extremely costly. Lakers are now 4 losses behind GS and HOU with 11 to play of which only 1 each against those two. Not making up that ground up now. It's 8th place or bust. Now just one loss ahead of UTA and DAL. Stumbling to the finish likely means both of those teams have to suck as bad for the Lakers to get in.

Losing to @GS wasn't totally unexpected. GS does have a good playoff-bound team and they were playing in front of their home crowd. But @MIN is the kind of game the Lakers absolutely positively cannot afford to lose. Not with UTA and DAL each just one loss behind. Not even looking ahead to MIL or SAC on this little trip. One game at a time.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Yep to everyone above. We've now kissed the 6th and 7th goodbye with this three losses in a row. F*&^! :bang:

They had one thing to do, and one thing only to ensure a spot in the playoffs and possibly, just possibly leap frog into a higher position. They had to win two games to every one loss. No two losses in a row. Certainly not three losses in a row.

This fall has hurt a lot more to me than even the crap they were pulling earlier in the season. At least then we had injury excuses. We've got a few injuries now, but we don't have excuses. These games were lost from lack of direction, lack of heart, lack of pride, lack of urgency and lack of giving a damn. Not injuries. Sure the Suns game was maybe excusable. But not these last two. Tonight was a must win game after that flop at home against the Wiz. This was the time for redemption. Instead we're back to 1 game only ahead of Utah.

Tonight was terrible. I stopped watching at the half. I had better things to do.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am

Means... this one is a loss :man9: We suck and it looks like i checked the right option in the poll.
kenzo

Postby Forward Three on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:46 am

Lakers will sitll probably make the Playoffs(though honestly, last couple of losses have been pretty discouraging regardless of the forward looking schedule or Utah's recent slide), so can we shift this thread to "A Realistic look at how badly this team is going to be swept in the first round" ?
Forward Three

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 am

Doc Brown wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:

:man10: my thinking exactly
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion