A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances (PLAYOFF POLL!)

What will be the outcome of the Lakers vs Spurs series?

Lakers in 4
4%
Lakers in 5
2%
Lakers in 6
44%
Lakers in 7
12%
Spurs in 4
8%
Spurs in 5
11%
Spurs in 6
14%
Spurs in 7
1%

Total votes : 70

Re: A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 am

We will not win more than 1 game vs SA in the 1st round. This Pau Gasol starting really threw us out of rhythm bad, if he keeps starting, we will be swept.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 am

^ and what is the difference? The sooner this season ends, the sooner i can get back on with my life.
kenzo

Postby KB24 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 am

Just 2-3 games ago everyone was eager to see this team plus pau. Now again Pau has thrown off this team off of their comfort zone.

just accept the damn truth. This team isn't very good. No more excuses. Its been 80 games now including the pre-season. This experiment has failed. You ain't gonna win **** with an old*** team. Accept the truth and you will find your peace.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TheOp on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:23 am

KB24 wrote:Just 2-3 games ago everyone was eager to see this team plus pau. Now again Pau has thrown off this team off of their comfort zone.

just accept the damn truth. This team isn't very good. No more excuses. Its been 80 games now including the pre-season. This experiment has failed. You ain't gonna win **** with an old*** team. Accept the truth and you will find your peace.

It doesnt make sense. We have Dwight Howard, who carried a bad Orlando team to great defensive numbers, and the best pick and roll big according to synergy stats last year. We have Kobe, a top 5 player. Nash, the best pick and roll point according to synergy stats last year. Gasol, an above average big man at this point. Clark, Jamison, Blake, and Meeks, decent bench players.

We should be playing way better then we are. This team shouldnt have much problem scoring, the problem has been defense. Poor defensive effort kills us every game. I have a feeling they can play much harder and better. It doesnt make sense to always go up big, then lose it. Or be down big, and go on furious runs to come back, but still lose. Either theyre playing hard half the time, or they really are a lottery bound team that would be lucky to make the playoffs.
TheOp

Postby KB24 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 am

TheOp

I'm not saying it makes sense. I'm saying it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

I was convinced they are great fits on this team. But reality and theory are two different things.
This team doesn't have what it takes to win a championship. Thats the bottom line. They are getting creamed for approximately 6 months now. People still think of the big names and get fooled.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am

Too old and slow to defend in today's NBA ... that's just the reality ... 4 players in the starting 5 can't defend their position ... that's been the reality since the 2011 Dallas series ... still some posters keeps blaming MDA for everything ... whatever , move on people
wcsoldier81

Postby abeer3 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 am

soo....people still think i was overly pessimistic? it's sad that every time i go to bed early because i know the team is going to get murdered, they do. shouldn't they pleasantly surprise me at some point in this dreadful season?

OP: this is where stats fail us--they don't understand context or can't properly quantify it. howard and nash were excellent pick and roll players in 4-shooter lineups. both look painfully mediocre when the opposition can ignore even one guy from deep.

the good news is that it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find a 3 and a 4 who can move and shoot. the unfortunate thing is that the lakers didn't address this issue prior to the deadline.
abeer3

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 am

kenzo wrote:^ and what is the difference? The sooner this season ends, the sooner i can get back on with my life.

This!

I don't know what to think about our chances to keep the 8th seed. We have 4 games on road, 7 @ home...but several games (Bucks, Queens, Dallas, Grizz, SA, Hou,Clipps...) that will be very very tough to win! And the Jazz,Mavs,JailBlazers are so close! Image
denimPortugal

Postby Thenextgreat on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 am

We're fighting for an 8th spot in the playoffs?!...nuff said.
Thenextgreat

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:51 am

jimbo327 wrote:Lakers next 5:
@PHX - L
WSH - L
@GS - L
@MIN - W
@MIL - W

Utah next 5:
NYK - L
@HOU - L
@SAS - L
@DAL - L
PHI - W

It's going to come down between us and Jazz. We are not going to catch Rockets or GS.

It's going to be who is going to suck less, and I think Jazz will suck just a little bit more than us.

So far, Utah has held to form and playing as predicted. I thought for a moment that Lakers caught a break with Curry ankle injury...but he manned up and played effectively. Now hopefully, we can win the next 2 games. Maybe Pau will finally find his heart and balls. I'm sure Kobe is seething inside.

And the really bad news, now we have to worry about Dallas. They have a much better shot at catching us than Utah, and that has me worried a bit.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 am

Not really sure it matters much anymore... I will always continue to watch & support the Lakers, but I am losing faith that they would have any chance of progressing past the first round....
LakerFanIam

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am

Guys come on we know who the biggest culprit to our struggles early in the season was, the minute he returns we start losing again...anyone surprised?

Pau is not an all star anymore, he cant do the things he did in his prime when he helped us win rings, he cant move as well and his skills are declining (just look at his Free throw %). We lessen his role and we go back to the lineup that had Clark/MWP/Jamison playing major minutes and we'll be good. D'Antoni gave Pau yet another chance and he blew it

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 am

i think they still have a decent chance to squeeze in as an 8th seed...but that will be with ZERO momentum and carrying the same inconsistencies all season long

first round boot...maybe in embarrassing fashion

whatever momentum and chemistry they built (and gave the fans hope) has been replaced by the same confusion early on
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

jimbo327 wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Lakers next 5:
@PHX - L
WSH - L
@GS - L
@MIN - W
@MIL - W

Utah next 5:
NYK - L
@HOU - L
@SAS - L
@DAL - L
PHI - W

It's going to come down between us and Jazz. We are not going to catch Rockets or GS.

It's going to be who is going to suck less, and I think Jazz will suck just a little bit more than us.

So far, Utah has held to form and playing as predicted. I thought for a moment that Lakers caught a break with Curry ankle injury...but he manned up and played effectively. Now hopefully, we can win the next 2 games. Maybe Pau will finally find his heart and balls. I'm sure Kobe is seething inside.

And the really bad news, now we have to worry about Dallas. They have a much better shot at catching us than Utah, and that has me worried a bit.

Dallas plays the Clippers on Lamar Odom night. Should be a whale of a game.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby dneprovec on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:17 pm

let's go clippers :freak2:
dneprovec

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 pm

No worries, the Clippers got this. :freak2:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:15 pm

We want the Mavs to lose but it's just so hard to root for the Clippers. I hate them so much
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 pm

It seems that Mavs are going to win tonight. So, they will be one behind us. Just like Utah. Great.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Mavericks in comparison are better than Utah with experienced players during crucial times and a superior coach in Carlisle. Nothing would be more annoying than a smug Cuban displacing the Lakers for that last spot. Now the OTHER L.A. team is sucking down the stretch.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Mavs are getting hot, this can be trouble...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby jlkr on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 am

Lakers have to play Mavs one more time. Fortunately at home. But given how the Lakers goofed against the Wizards, that's a real small comfort.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 am

Mavs only one game behind us! :bang:
denimPortugal

Postby LakerFanIam on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 am

denimPortugal wrote:Mavs only one game behind us! :bang:

This is what happens when you lose 3 in a row & 4 out of the last 6 during the final Playoff push... Not a good sign at all.
LakerFanIam

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 am

Without MWP, I'd say about slim and none now. I can't believe we've been this decimated by injuries.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 am

LakerFanIam wrote:
denimPortugal wrote:Mavs only one game behind us! :bang:

This is what happens when you lose 3 in a row & 4 out of the last 6 during the final Playoff push... Not a good sign at all.

yep, and why even be happy to make it the way they're playing right now? just gona get embarrased even further come playoff time. Can't just rely on others losing forever.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion