A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances (PLAYOFF POLL!)

What will be the outcome of the Lakers vs Spurs series?

Lakers in 4
4%
Lakers in 5
2%
Lakers in 6
44%
Lakers in 7
12%
Spurs in 4
8%
Spurs in 5
11%
Spurs in 6
14%
Spurs in 7
1%

Total votes : 70

Re: A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 am

It's not even about who is the best team out of LA, Dallas and Utah....it's really about which team is gonna SUCK the most. The 8th seed this year may only need 42 wins....in the past they've needed at least 46 wins. I thought the Lakers would need to be playign at an ELITE level going into the playoffs, but now I think they just need to play average to get in...only to get BLASTED in the first round. :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby Thenextgreat on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 am

look I've been highly upset for most of this year about this team and I sorta got caught up in this race for 8th but what's the point really? we are not a good team.. :bang: SA will run a basketball clinic on the Lakers in the first round...and it's not like we have any picks...smh ....
Last edited by Thenextgreat on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenextgreat

Postby Thenextgreat on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 am

Alot of you wanted this person gone but in my opinion we have missed his leadership..Derek Fisher...
Thenextgreat

Postby Armani on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

What's the point of making the playoffs? We'll be out in the first round anyway.
Armani

Postby abeer3 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am

Thenextgreat wrote:

exactly. i hate being right about this, but i'll be shocked at this point if they hold on. technically, it's not even holding on...they're in 9th right now, as they're tied with utah in the loss column and already lost that tie-breaker.

i expected them to lose @mil, but the lapses in concentration over the past 4 or 5 games have just been unfathomable to me. it's like they don't want to make the playoffs. i know the fans feel like they'd rather not see it, either, but trust me, it's much better to make it and get blasted than to miss the dance entirely. the lakers brand is about winning, and that has been powerful to players in the past. i don't think dwight or mwp would be here if the lakers hadn't been a perennial winner for their entire lives.
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 am

Every other team is hurting too, I dont care about reputation, we have to make the playoffs and Im confident we will. Lots of home games left, guys like Blake, Meeks and Clark play much better at home than on the road. We still gotta win games but have faith.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:15 pm

At this point, the question is really: who is going to suck more -- Lakers, Jazz, Mavs or Blazers?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Armani wrote:What's the point of making the playoffs? We'll be out in the first round anyway.

Not giving the lottery pick to Phoenix.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm

karacha wrote:At this point, the question is really: who is going to suck more -- Lakers, Jazz, Mavs or Blazers?

LOL. Exactly my point. None of those 4 teams really deserve to make the playoffs...however, I STILL believe the Lakers are better than the jazz, mavs and blazers...but they're clearly the 8th seed...they're not better than ANY of the 7 teams ahead of them. Like abeer said, we need to avoid the embarrassment of not making the playoffs...so it is MUCH BETTER to make the playoffs than to not make it and then go down as most likely the most disappointing sports team in ALL of sports...not even just the NBA.
FabFourLakers

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 pm

True. I agree. Try to get there, even without Kobe, win one game if possible to safe face. Trade Pau, get healthier in the offseason, try again, wait for Summer 2014 to re-tool.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby retro_nights on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

karacha wrote:
Armani wrote:What's the point of making the playoffs? We'll be out in the first round anyway.

Not giving the lottery pick to Phoenix.

does PHX just get it the next year instead then?
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Yes :jam2: Spurs just beat the Clippers.

We want the Spurs to keep that 8th seed because if we do make the playoffs it will be as an 8th seed and of course would rather play them than OKC
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 pm

I guess all those low seeds in the West suck.

We lost, Houston lost, Utah is losing now. We might get into the playoffs by playing .500 ball now.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Welp, jazz about to beat Portland in Portland, something the Lakers can't do.

Jazz back in lead for the 8th spot. Don't see them losing it again. Losses against the Suns and blowing an 18 point lead against the Wiz will likely be the games we look back on. How embarrassing.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Jazz went on a run. Making this race interesting. We'll see what happens next. They play again tomorrow, hosting Brooklin. Then they will have to face GSW, MEM, OKC. Who knows who this is going to play out.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 pm

That sprained ankle probably killed any hopes and dreams of us making the playoffs.

Just shut Kobe down the rest of the year before he has a career-ending injury. There's still hope next year.

Busses should sue Dahntay Jones for intentionally costing them millions in playoff revenue.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby noobiew on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:34 pm

Damn, Utah just won a game in Rose Garden against the Blazers and reclaimed back the 8th spot, so the Lakers are out of the playoffs picture now ! Not to mention Utah also have 6 of their next 7 games at home, the Lakers chances are not looking good now !!!

URGENT HELPS GOD ! :man6:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby MadMax on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 pm

noobiew wrote:Damn, Utah just won a game in Rose Garden against the Blazers and reclaimed back the 8th spot, so the Lakers are out of the playoffs picture now ! Not to mention Utah also have 6 of their next 7 games at home, the Lakers chances are not looking good now !!!

URGENT HELPS GOD ! :man6:

Starvation, disease, war....forget about it!

Lord Almighty, please use your infinite powers to guide the Lakers to the 8th seed of the playoffs!!!
MadMax

Postby snackdaddy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Eh, I can't get excited with the last 9 games knowing they have no chance to win a playoff series if by chance they do make it.

If Utah goes 5-4 over their last 9 games the Lakers have to go 6-3. They have no chance of beating Memphis/LAC/SA. So that means they have to go 6-0 against the rest of the teams left to play. No room for error if the Jazz win 5 more games.
snackdaddy

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 pm

MadMax wrote:Starvation, disease, war....forget about it!

Lord Almighty, please use your infinite powers to guide the Lakers to the 8th seed of the playoffs!!!

yes! :man10:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 am

dj vitus wrote:That sprained ankle probably killed any hopes and dreams of us making the playoffs.

Just shut Kobe down the rest of the year before he has a career-ending injury. There's still hope next year.

Busses should sue Dahntay Jones for intentionally costing them millions in playoff revenue.

With a healthy enough team and the right match up we'd have a shot at a first round upset IMHO. Now with Kobe having to play on a bum ankle, the act of doing whats needed to even get into the playoffs basically also ensures that we wouldn't be able to do anything even if we did make it.

If thats the case you pack it in and look to make some moves in the offseason and try again next year.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 am

Why are you guys panicking? Yes I think we suck but there is still a realistic chance to make the playoffs.

since everything has gone against expectations, there is a chance they make the playoffs against the odds.
Do they deserve it? If their record is good enough to make it, then yes. I'm certainly not going to suffer for their inept play this season. You get what you deserve.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby gcclaker on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:36 am

Nash is "questionable" and Bryant is hobbled... Squad is and on the verge of falling apart physically. :disagree:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Jazz got LUCKY...they barely beat a Blazers squad that was missing their best player in Lamarcus Aldridge....this is why we should have taken care of business against the WIZARDS at the very least. We absolutely have to win tonight and hope that Brooklyn bounces back from a terrible loss last night and beats the Jazz. Clippers need to beat Houston....Portland hopefully can take out GS tonight (doubtful)...there's so much basketball left to be played and Utah has a tough schedule to finish and like I said, they beat a LMA-less Blazers squad. They're not a good team, I still believe we're better...we just need to finish this road trip 2-2...if we lose to the KINGS tonight though? All hell is gonna break loose.

Hopefully Kobe/Nash can help us win tonight....otherwise I'd prefer they both sit out and not hurt the team on defense like they have all year basically....
FabFourLakers

Postby scheven on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Damn Bulls blew a 12-point lead in the last 3 minutes :man2: :man2: :man2:
scheven

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion