A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances (PLAYOFF POLL!)

What will be the outcome of the Lakers vs Spurs series?

Lakers in 4
4%
Lakers in 5
2%
Lakers in 6
44%
Lakers in 7
12%
Spurs in 4
8%
Spurs in 5
11%
Spurs in 6
14%
Spurs in 7
1%

Total votes : 70

Re: A Realistic Look At Our Team's Chances

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Finwë wrote:I still think we're making it.

this
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm

I think we're making it too, it looks bleak but man we fought so much to save this and have come this far, no effin way we're gonna be left out of the postseason. We neeed help though

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm

We have to take one game at a time, thats how we fought back from our early hole to get here

We have a 10 game winning streak going vs the Hornets (regular season), hope it can continue with a Win on Tuesday and OKC takes care of business in Utah (which is coming off a LOSS where their defense and rebounding got owned)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 pm

We don't control our destiny & that's never a good place to be. If Utah wins out, going 5-0 isn't good enough.
lakersin4

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm

That 3 game losing streak killed us. We had momentum before that, and then MDA decided to switch up the rotation and put Pau in the starting lineup, instead of slowly working him back in. It disrupted everyone's flow in the game, and that was it.

Now it will take some real luck with Utah blowing a few games, and the Lakers beating everyone they should beat, plus a lucky win or two we didn't expect.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:That 3 game losing streak killed us. We had momentum before that, and then MDA decided to switch up the rotation and put Pau in the starting lineup, instead of slowly working him back in. It disrupted everyone's flow in the game, and that was it.

Now it will take some real luck with Utah blowing a few games, and the Lakers beating everyone they should beat, plus a lucky win or two we didn't expect.

Agreed... That was a huge momentum killer...
LakerFanIam

Postby TheOp on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Wouldnt be surprised to see OKC tank the Jazz game to keep the Lakers from getting in. Like having them rest Durant or Westbrook or both.
TheOp

Postby kenzo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Bye bye playoffs. Neither OKC or MEM will give Utah any troubles.
kenzo

Postby jlkr on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Lakers on life support. Must go 5-0 now since it's very likely UTA goes 3-1 to finish the season.

Gaaah!
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby 432J on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 am

pretty sure teams will tank against utah just to prevent the lakers from getting in

i guess thats what happens when you're so successful for so long. okc will rest durant and westbrook for sure
432J

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 am

432J wrote:pretty sure teams will tank against utah just to prevent the lakers from getting in

i guess thats what happens when you're so successful for so long. okc will rest durant and westbrook for sure

I don't think OKC wants to risk losing out on the #1 seed to SA without having Harden on their team anymore. OKC will play hard vs the Jazz hopefully...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 am

Alright guys here are the remaining games...Lakers have 5 games left (4 at home) & the Jazz have 4 games left (2 at home) Jazz own the tie breaker as we all know...

What will be the outcome of each game & who gets in?

LAKERS (40-37)
NOH
@POR
GSW
SAS
HOU

UTAH (41-37)
OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby TheOp on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:27 am

Lakers have to go at LEAST 4-1 to have a chance. Realistically, they probably have to win all 5 games in order to make the playoffs. The Jazz should lose at least 1 of those games, but I wouldnt be surprised if thats all they lost. OKC and Memphis im sure arent dieing to help us.

We have no excuses not to win the next 5. The only game that should be questionable is the one in Portland. But theyre a lottery team, we SHOULD win that game too. If we cant get any quality wins why even worry about the playoffs.
TheOp

Postby borri on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Alright guys here are the remaining games...Lakers have 5 games left (4 at home) & the Jazz have 4 games left (2 at home) Jazz own the tie breaker as we all know...

What will be the outcome of each game & who gets in?

LAKERS (40-37)
NOH
@POR
GSW
SAS
HOU

UTAH (41-37)
OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

Sadly....OKC MUST...MUST beat Utah. Utah wins that game it's likely over. Utah should beat Minny twice. Mem they are 1 game behind DEN for the #3 seed and DEN owns the tie-breaker. Highly likely that by the time Utah get Mem, Mem will have nothing to play for and will rest their starters, making it alot easier for Utah to win.

I can easily see Utah going 4-1. Which means we have to go 5-0.

It ain't looking good. Utah beat OKC at home, I think its over for us.
borri

Postby borri on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:01 am

Tuesday night...is a HUGE HUGE night. It could mean the end of our season.
borri

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:35 am

FACT

Kamenetzky Brothers @KamBrothers 07 Apr
The Lakers aren't in the position they're in because they lost today, but because they lost to Washington, Orlando, Phoenix, and so on. BK

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_an ... z2PrXQ2JDA
wcsoldier81

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 am

I think Utah will surprise us and lay an egg against Minnesota :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby abeer3 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 am

i wonder how much okc cares about the top seed. in the first round, it makes no difference, imo. as long as you're not the 4 seed, you should be heavily favored to beat any of the bottom three (gs, hou, utah/la). in the second round, i'd probably rather see denver (not built for the playoffs and missing gallo) than mem/lac (the former built for the playoffs, the latter a stern favorite with a dynamic superstar). 2 seed seems like a better road to me.
abeer3

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 am

Utah should've lost yesterday. Now we're screwed! :mad1:
I predict Utah wins against Minny...and then, I hope OKC and MEM wins the other two games. But, both may want Utah in postseason! Image
denimPortugal

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 am

I think some of the fans are a little bit delusional when thinking the top teams are afraid of facing us in the playoffs ... it's not like we are on a roll going into the playoffs ... I guarantee you OKC would like to beat us in the 1st round (especially after the preseason talk about how the Lakers would be the new best team in the West, rumors of KD and Westbrook being fed up with Kobe trashtalk during the Olympics) instead of playing the Jazz a team NOBODY cares about outside the state of Utah
wcsoldier81

Postby snackdaddy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 am

I have to wonder how competitive they will be after yesterday's game. It was a must win. Considered a road game but played on their home floor. A team stacked with stars shoulda been able to come out and play with purpose. They did not look all that competitive against the Clippers. I believe their chances of making the playoffs are about 50/50. And they chances of getting past the first round are almost nil.
snackdaddy

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 am

those who think Mem has nothing to play for by that last gm, you're wrong.....they still have to secure home court for the 1st rd. Dont know how it'll be by then by they are only 1 gm up on Clipps. As for OKC, I see both arguments but I tend to favor the non tanking side as they would prefer to be the #1 seed and gurantee HCA, they have tough time in SA as well. Even having said that I would hope and pray this team gets their ish together and just win out and so we as fans can stop trying to watch Utah progress, its rather pathetic.....feels like the Kwame/B. Cook days all over again.
Last edited by khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby LakerFanIam on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 am

Sorry guys, I just don't see OKC or MEM tanking against UTAH... They both have HCA to fight for.
LakerFanIam

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:FACT

Kamenetzky Brothers @KamBrothers 07 Apr
The Lakers aren't in the position they're in because they lost today, but because they lost to Washington, Orlando, Phoenix, and so on. BK

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_an ... z2PrXQ2JDA

and that's what hurts the most...the 'gimme games' that we gave away
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 am

LakerFanIam wrote:Sorry guys, I just don't see OKC or MEM tanking against UTAH... They both have HCA to fight for.

This.

OKC definitely wants HCA over SA when they meet in WCF. OKC is actually very close, just one loss behind SA and OKC owns tiebreaker via better WC record. So yes they should want to beat UTA. Plus there is the revenge factor as UTA upset them last time they played @UTA.

Re MEM: here's hoping Clips stay close to MEM so MEM has to beat UTA that last game to secure HCA against the Clips. Further, the Clips own the h2h tiebreaker here with one left to play @MEM. But it's sorta hard to forecast that the issue will still be in doubt on the last day of the season as I think this battle will be decided by the result of the last LAC-@MEM matchup.

Finally, let's hope UTA only splits the pair with MIN. Get them at home, but then get upset @MIN.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion