Rebuild Rhetoric: Randle = Step #1, Step #2 = Lin, #3?

Re: Rebuild Rhetoric: Randle = Step #1, Step #2 = ?

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 pm

adamkingadam wrote:Time to Package Nash & Pau to NY for assets.

Can't even do a Pau S&T anymore.. Have to have the cap space to sign a player before you can sign & trade them.. Unless all these signings we just made are verbal agreements & we can circumvent the CBA.
LakersN4

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 pm

^Similar to how he couldn't finish a quarter, a half, a season, etc.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm

so...we can officially sign randle at least now right? no cap space to do anything else might as well get him in the summer league
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kenzo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:38 pm

LakersN4 wrote:Kobe can carry this team to the playoffs.. Mark my words.

No, he can not. He'll prevent us from keeping the pick though...
kenzo

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Options still?

Who is too good for minimum, but maybe willing to take the 2.9 million TPE or 2.7 million RE we have - on a two-year deal (likely TO for second)?

Sessions
M. Williams
DJ Augustine
Jordan Crawford
(unless we unload Nash, we don't need another PG, but any would be great value at RE)

Stuckey (Yes please!!!)
Bazemore (we don't need to use any exception on him, right?)
Jimmer (nah)

Marvin Williams (sure)
C. Butler (NO!!)
Beasely (him and Swaggy off the bench? Ha ha ha)
Xavier Henry (minimum?? Worth a better contract?)
Wes Johnson (worth more than minimum?)

Earl Clark (worth more than minimum?)
Blatche (yes please – but he likely gets paid again)
Chris Humphries (Sure)
Blair (no)
Baby Davis (sure – but he gets paid again too)
Udoh (yes yes yes please)

Bynum (hell no)
Okafor (maybe)
J. Oneal
Stiemsma

???????
tigerjeterkobe

Re: Rebuild Rhetoric: Randle = Step #1, Step #2 = Lin, #3?

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:18 am

At this point now I'd go after Evan Turner. He has a decent all around game, still pretty young. Kobe liked him coming out of the draft so maybe he can make show him the ropes. He's still very athletic so that'd help. He's got a lot to prove and kind of fits the profile that we've had the last couple years of a young guy looking to earn a contract. We've got about 3 million left and he's an Unrestricted Free Agent. We might be able to get him now before anybody else is looking if we offer him the chance to start or at least see big minutes.

Also look into Brandon Rush. He was one of the best shooters in the League before his injury. I know the Lakers tried to get him a few years back, but he opted to stick with Golden State. I'd like to grab him and see if we can turn him into a solid "D & 3" piece. I don't know what his athleticism is like now after his injury though.

I'd like to also look at Ryan Hollins. He's got a lot of problems, but he's very athletic and can defend the paint effectively. He's a glue guy, a bench piece, but definitely someone I'd like to add looking at all of the available Centers out there right now. Unless Okafor and Bynum can PROVE they're healthy, Hollins is the only Center left that has a different aspect than Sacre (athleticism).

I'd also look to add Ed Davis, Jason Maxiell, and Earl Clark. We need some size depth and these guys are solid. Davis is looking to prove himself in the League. Maxiell is a good locker room guy. Earl Clark we're all familiar with and has a bit of a rapport with Kobe. I'm fine with adding any of those guys.

Also obviously we could bring back Wes Johnson and Xavier Henry, particularly Henry. Athletic, still some room to grow, and have a familiarity with the Lakers and Kobe Bryant.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

I would gladly go for Evan Turner. He was pretty much useless in Indiana, but he was a decent player en Philadelphia, who, while being an awful team, were much better with him than without him.

That said, I think Turner will end up getting something closer to 5 million at least.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby khmrP on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 am

throw J.Oneal a bone, he was solid for GSW, I'd argue he was better defensive presence than Lee most of the time. As for Turner, who knows if he's promised a starting spot with an offense that could help him shine he might be willing to take 2yr deal with player option. Look how much Meeks/Kaman got paid for playing here.
khmrP

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:08 am

khmrP wrote:throw J.Oneal a bone, he was solid for GSW, I'd argue he was better defensive presence than Lee most of the time. As for Turner, who knows if he's promised a starting spot with an offense that could help him shine he might be willing to take 2yr deal with player option. Look how much Meeks/Kaman got paid for playing here.

Funny. Seems like yesterday that Bynum for Oneal was the big trade proposal to get us back on top. Now they are both just a couple of limping meatbags.
Savory Griddles

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:11 am

JO is still serviceable unless you didn't watch the GS series.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:19 am

lakerfan2 wrote:JO is still serviceable unless you didn't watch the GS series.

Define serviceable. Can he fill in for some minutes? Yeah, I suppose. But he can't start or play more than 20 minutes a game. Right now, we need some minute eaters. We have no one over 6'8" who has ever averaged more than 23 minutes a game in the NBA. :man10:
Savory Griddles

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:34 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:JO is still serviceable unless you didn't watch the GS series.

Define serviceable. Can he fill in for some minutes? Yeah, I suppose. But he can't start or play more than 20 minutes a game. Right now, we need some minute eaters. We have no one over 6'8" who has ever averaged more than 23 minutes a game in the NBA. :man10:

You can thank MDA for that last statement. How the hell was anyone supposed to average any sort of consistent minutes when the rotation and lineup changes as much as the corporate cafeteria menu?

Yeah, that's what I meant. If you're looking for a starting center playing 35+mpg, you better start saving your pennies.

I expect Jordan Hill will be capable of playing 30 mpg consistently between PF and C. JO would be ideal to fill in at PF/C as well for 15-20mpg and play solid defense and also be a decent option on offense.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 am

Hill is an injury risk.. After last season not as big of 1, but still a big enough risk that we need another legit C that can step in & start if needed.
LakersN4

Postby TIME on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:34 am

This started as the Tank thread. That season is now history. This thread has run its course. The new roster thread started today can take its place.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion