Refs are favoring the Lakers way to mutch

Refs are favoring the Lakers way to mutch

Postby Dragan on Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:18 pm

I know that many of you wont agree with me but I think the refs favour the Lakers way to mutch. I am sorry but I just dont wanna win this way. I can understaind whole big marqet / small marqet team thing, but this is to mutch. I have never sean refs favour the team so mutch in the series. In game 3 thay did it in the crunch time witch made it way to obvious so that even Mr. Stern had to come in and defend tham. Yes I agree that its only normal for refs to miss some calls, but thay cant miss it all on one side of the court, and most importently thay cant miss those that are obvious. Tex book calls. You know we are the most hated team in the league as it is. Winning averything ( witch you cant blame us for ) and Shaq over powering averyone ( witch you can ) but this refereing thing is just to mutch. And if you dont trust me, just read what ESPN had to sey about the last two games. Justr. Stern had to come in and defend tham. Yes I agree that its only normal for refs to miss some calls, but thay cant miss it all on one side of the court, and most importently thay cant miss those that are obvious. Tex book calls. You know we are the most hated team in the league as it is. Winning averything ( witch you cant blame us for ) and Shaq over powering averyone ( witch you can ) but this refereing thing is just to mutch. And if you dont trust me, just read what ESPN had to sey about the last two games. Just listen to the comentary of national TV brodcasters. Oficiating got so bad and onesided, thay were makeing fun of it. Shaq did his job in the 1 st quater. Give him credit. But to a certan extent refs were those who kept the Lakers in the game late in the 2 nd and early in the 3 rd giving tham chance to come back. Those poor Wolves have to feel thay are up agaisnt the entire world. Thay are certanly geting a lot of simpathy for all neutreal fans for what thay had to go threw.
Dragan

Postby FirstLady on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:36 pm

Dragan, I think the officiating in game 3 was horrible.....on both ends! They missed so many calls AND made some calls when there shouldn't have been any.

As for game 4, true, they missed some and made some, but it was a definite improvement over the last game. And, in my opinion, there weren't too many calls that favored the Lakers. If there was, and I missed them, I'm sure the refs will make up for it in MinneSNOWda.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:46 pm

O come on, that flagrant on shaq was BS!
:disagree:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dragan on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:47 pm

Your bias and I understaind that.
Dragan

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:51 pm

NO no.
shaq touched the ball and i agree it was a foul but not a flagrant!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Dragan on Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:57 pm

What about his offencive foul at the end of 2 nd quater ?

What about 3 rd foul on Rasho ? He was standing streith up, Shaq albowd hima and Rasho got called for a foul.
Dragan

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:05 pm

How bout KG pushing George off on hsi 3 in the 4th quarter?
And the one where Hudson or Peeler bumps into shaq and shaq jsut stood there and gets called for the foul?
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:13 pm

yeh, da flagrant was definitely bs, cuz shaq made no body contact with him at all, and got a clean block. and that no-call when kg pushed over devean not once, but twice, almost cost the lakers the game. someone told me that even david stern was complaining about the officiating throughout the playoffs so far. does anyone know if this is true?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby 4Rings on Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:24 pm

The officiating in every series has been suspect at best and horrible at their worst. Kobe gets fouled a lot and they don't call it. KG travels with the ball quite a bit and not a call is made. Your complaint Drag is bogus. :mad1:
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:09 pm

Dragan wrote:Your bias and I understaind that.

I don't think n e one here is biased. We can all see calls for what they're worth, and even the ones that are wrong we're willing to admit, but well the refs have their lil' "make up calls" to over-rule their misses, and that isn't right.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:10 am

well i think they should have some sort of instant replay..like maybe limit 2 per team, isn't that how it works in the nfl ? or perhaps add two more eyes to the court..another ref
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:32 am

Lakers4PEAT wrote:well i think they should have some sort of instant replay..like maybe limit 2 per team, isn't that how it works in the nfl ? or perhaps add two more eyes to the court..another ref

LOL!! And I hope the coach gets to throw the red bean bag flag thingie on the court when they wanna challenge a call... And if the call is wrong, then charge the team who called it a timeout, u know? Like the NFL, but they'll prolly wont allow it in the last 2 minutes or something...that'll suck....

The league has instant replay, but for only last second shots, why not expand IR for the whole game? They prolly think it'll ruin the momentum of the game, and quit all this high paced tempo stuff... :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:34 pm

yeah, the main reason people watch the nba is cuz of it's non-stop action, scoring and atleticism. if there was an instant replay rule it probly would mess that up. kinda like the defensive 3 seconds rule which gets in the way of good basketball time and time again.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:27 pm

4Rings wrote:The officiating in every series has been suspect at best and horrible at their worst. Kobe gets fouled a lot and they don't call it. KG travels with the ball quite a bit and not a call is made. Your complaint Drag is bogus. :mad1:

I agree 100%. KG TRAVELS A LOT.
and bout Kobe, he got hammered 4 times while attemting a jumper and tehy didnt call it!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:32 pm

yeh, even on the last real play for the lakers, when kobe drove in for the layup, he did get fouled and no one called it. they're lucky shaq tipped it in, or we'd be lookin at a different game.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:53 pm

I agree. He soooooooo got fouled on that play.
Lucky Shaq tipped it in, even God know whats right and wrong
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:08 pm

Reddy wrote:
4Rings wrote:The officiating in every series has been suspect at best and horrible at their worst. Kobe gets fouled a lot and they don't call it. KG travels with the ball quite a bit and not a call is made. Your complaint Drag is bogus. :mad1:

I agree 100%. KG TRAVELS A LOT.
and bout Kobe, he got hammered 4 times while attemting a jumper and tehy didnt call it!

I guess the refs are used of seein KG do the same spin move so they just assume he doesn't change pivots...Man, if they only knew!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:22 pm

The calls both ways have been pretty pathetic.... Game 3 was the worst. I really don't wonder that they have players and coaches getting mad at the refs. The Lakers did get lucky on some calls, but KG travels half the time, and there were plenty of times Kobe should have had calls on drives to the hoop, but it never happens. Regardless of what happens, one of the teams is always going to be unhappy. The refs just need to be taken to referee school or something, and they need to look at the mistakes they make and work to improve those errors.
Lakerqueen

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:36 pm

Botu KG traveling
HE TRAVELS ALL TEH TIME!
And when shaq pivots they always catch him!
ARG!
AND SHAQ RARELY TRAVELS! :mad1:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakerqueen on Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:45 pm

You're right about KG travelling... every time he catches a pass, he hops with BOTH feet to his shooting position, and then shoots.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:49 am

If the refs favor Shaq, then why was Shaq's flagarent foul on Gil overrided? They changed the call, and costed us a point in that game. But in hind-sight they caught the true glimpse of it. Cuz of his size and strenght players are gonna fall harder to the ground when trying to go up against Shaq. But this is the 2nd time this season Shaq gets a F and it gets over turned. Wussup wit that? :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:42 am

I used to get so :mad1: watching the refs blow calls, and call phantom calls. then it finally occurred to me:

A foul occurs WHEN the ref blows the whistle. It apparently has nothing to do with what's going on on the court . It's almost a random event that may or may not occur. I've seen players get teeth knocked out to no calls, while other players are standing still with their arms in the air, get leaned into and called for the foul.

I see Shaq get grabbed by players time after time, if he's lucky he may get the regular call, but the only way Shaq will ever get the flagrant is when they pull out the skillet and crack him upside the head TWO OR THREE TIMES!

You can't guard Kobe without fouling him, but he never gets the call.

All in all, it's a random event. If you are going to win the championship, you have to maintain your composure despite the dubious officiating, but it can be hard, especially when Javie is on the court.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby BDG on Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:46 pm

oh yeah, isn't that the guy that nick van exel threw over the announcer's table? i still remember that. he probably still hates the lakers after that happened. anyone have video of that?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:04 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:oh yeah, isn't that the guy that nick van exel threw over the announcer's table? i still remember that. he probably still hates the lakers after that happened. anyone have video of that?

dayam! he should hate brick van exel for that, not the Lakers! u know! :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

boy oh boy

Postby Briandogg on Fri May 02, 2003 12:20 am

i will admit, calling on both ends was horrible in game #3, but dang, the ref was looking right @ peeler when he fell on the ground and traveled. dang!
Briandogg

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion