Respond to this ANTI-KOBE article from The Hurricane Online!

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 3:34 pm

Kobe haters are just the most pathetic people on Earth. They have to get a life. I guess they have nothing better to do, in their useless lives but to hate someone they don't actually know in a personal basis. If you don't know a person personally, then these losers have nothing to say. They are just mad that Kobe has everything going for him. A beautiful wife and daughter, millions of dollars, young and athletic, NBA titles, and will be the best player to put on an NBA uniform. These losers are just hatin, like a bunch of nerds and geeks hatin on the cool kids at school. Get a life, losers!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 3:38 pm

AMEN!!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 3:41 pm

Thanks for the support L-Gyrl.

It seems like all the Kobe Haters I know are the ones that are major Jordan lovers of tha past and today. These guys are just mad that Kobe will become even better than their beloved MJ.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 3:43 pm

Yea I know... This sux so much when Kobe is so talented, that they hate the successful person he's become. What jealously and envy could do to people these days is just crazy!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 4:19 pm

Well I guess these will be hurtin the next 12-16 years, since Kobe will be better and better each season, and the numbers and titles he will post up will be crazy.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 24, 2003 8:59 pm

L-Gyrl, you've got a good point about prejudging LeBron, but did Kobe get a 90 million dollar shoe deal, CAN HE EVEN GET A FREAKIN' SHOE DEAL? LeBron is being used as the Kobe Haters example of who will "Save basketball fans from Kobe" and that is why I want Kobe to take him apart, nothing personal but to disprove all the "LeBron makes Kobe look like a bench warmer" sheeiiitt!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 10:14 pm

I feel where ur goin with this, Snakell, but LeBron can't possibly prove anything his rookie season. He's gonna have to save the team that picks him up, and he's gonna be depended on a lot, and that may be a lil' too much for a kid outta HS. But I hope they all give LeBron a glance at how NBA players play, and show him a thang or two. Sure the Kobe hataz say biased ish, but we shouldn't diss LeBron in the process, u know? Sure Kobe didn't get a big ole phat shoe deal contact, that's why he payed Adidas to stop it, and decided to take his glory where it'll be better appriciated. While Kobe was bein offered a contract when left Adidas, Kobe STILL didn't sign a contract. He repped some Questions durin some games before he stayed with tha J's, but why didn't Kobe just sign? He shoulda taken the best opportunity for his situation, and signed. But in all due respect for LeBron, it was Nike that offered him tha contract, so he took advantage of the opportunity. Sure it isn't right for an unproven talent to get offered more than Kobe, a proven talent who has 3 rings, unlike a rook... They're just biting into the hype, and we'll see where LeBron's headed after his rook season. Cuz even the media was degrading Kobe, callin him airball, and ball hog and all that ish, which wasn't right!! He too was a rookie who made mistakes, and look where Kobe is now!!! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 25, 2003 1:44 am

Kobe didn't get to play much his ROOKIE year because....... Jerry West wanted to bring him in SLOWLY..... In some point he was right but, there was no way in stopping a speeding Freight Train in KOBE. In KOBE's rookie year in the playoffs he looked ready for the challenge. Against PORTLAND Eddie Jones was getting abused by JR RIDER. Jones looked intimidated by Rider so DEL HARRIS put KOBE in to CHECK Rider. The result..... KOBE held his own and decreased Riders Scoring. The following series was against UTAH. Hornecek (with a bad hampstring) was again was torching Jones. In stepped KOBE and slowed down HORNY's output. In the end however, who did DEL HARRIS TRUST with the last TWO shots of the game?....... hint... not VAN EXEL or SHAQ... he trusted KOBE in his ROOKIE YEAR!!!! This kid had heart WAAAAYYYYYY back his rookie year. Those last shots of his, may have been AIRBALLS but he took it. That took courage. The following year he average 16 points a game OFF THE BENCH and the FANS voted him in the ALLSTAR GAME as a STARTER. (youngest starter since MAGIC) That year they featured the allstar game as KOBE vs JORDAN.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 25, 2003 1:49 am

This is why KOBE is what he is today....... "the BEST of what the NBA has to offer... both on and off the court" . Now, for NIKE to snub KOBE those millions was wrong. This is why I hope their investment FLOPS!!! I don't know LEBRON JAMES. As far as I know he could be a good person and he would have done what any person in his position would have done. This does not mean he deserves it. So, since I (and thousands of other people including his Fellow NBA peers) KNOW he didn't deserve the MILLIONs I am going to root against him. I hope LOL he turns out mediocre and watch NIKE stocks come tumbling down!!!

Kobe will not only be known as the best high school player ever but, also in the end,.... NBA fans will know KOBE as the the BEST player who ever was ....PERIOD!!!!! :jam2:

KOBE our REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 25, 2003 3:32 pm

See.... I'm not blinded by mah luv of Kobe to hope that deals from other players flop.. Just cuz Kobe stopped Adidas from makin him his kicks, doesn't justify that u hope LeBron is just all hype. Even if he is, Nike was willing to sign someone who has the potential to be the 1st Bron, makin a name for himself. But I'm always rootin for players to put their best foot forward, and for them to do the best they can do. Yea, we all know what Kobe was asked to do his rookie season, and even if he messed up a lot, we still had to confidence that he'll come back even stronger, cuz he had and still has the will and determination to lead this franchise to even more rings. But still people are jealous and hate on his game, cuz he's willing to be to go to guy in clutch situations, and the others just seem to get cold feet when asked to step up. Not Kobe. He loved new challenges, and thrives offa them. We all know this and we love what he's brought to LA. But in the same scenario, Bron is gonna be asked to basically bring his team from the bottom up, and that's gonna be a diffilcult task to fulfill. Even if he can't accomplish much his rookie season, just remember, he has a lotta time to get better, as Kobe did. Bron is gonna get dissed by the same media that gave him the hype, but it's only gonna make his stronger, as it did Kobe. :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Respond to this ANTI-KOBE article from The Hurricane Online!

Postby LakerLady on Tue May 27, 2003 11:09 pm

How many times do we have to say it? -- What's not to like about Kobe? The anti-Kobe comments are all about jealousy and being proven wrong about him.

Instead of writing something of value, this guy's just trying to make a name for himself by stirring up a useless controversy. How can you compare Penny and Kobe? How many rings does Penny have, how many All-Star games has he been in, how many All-NBA teams has he been on, etc. etc.

You know every NBA player LeBron goes up against will be focused on making him pay his dues. If he passes the test, so be it. Right now, he seems like a good enough kid. He was at the Lakers-Spurs game and said he's a Shaq and Kobe fan. Got to cut him slack for that, right?
LakerLady

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 1:23 am

Then he should have the balls and the fortitude to fake a career ending injury before the draft, call the Lakers and inform them it is fake so we can take what will look like a RISKY draft choice at #24 and have him start @ SG and move Kobe to SF... :man1: :man13:
Snakell Beast

Postby Chick-n-Stew on Wed May 28, 2003 8:11 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Kobe Bryant is the greatest High School player ever and the stats bear it out. Here are the stats:

As a senior Kobe averaged (during a championship season):
30.8 ppg, 12 rpg, 6.5 apg, 4.0 spg, and 3.8 blocked shots per game.

[His total of 2,883 points made Bryant the leading scorer in Southeastern Pennsylvania history, beating out previous records set by NBA great Wilt Chamberlain and Carlin Warley.]

As a senior, LeBron James averaged (this past championship high school '02-'03 season):
30.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 4.8 apg, 2.9 spg, and 1.9 blocked shots per game.

How in the hell is LeBron James the best high school baller of all time, when Kobe's stats in high school (philly is in a better high school market than Ohio) are vastly superior and Kobe's current stats are close to (and will be better than eventually) LeBron's high school stats AT THE FUKIN' NBA LEVEL...??? :man3: :man3: :man3:

:man7: Thats the way to prove your point. With stats. I also completly agree with your earlier post re. NBA poster boys. They're missing the point if the NBA overlooks (which I don't think they will) Kobe for this Cav's draftee.
LA is a much more marketable region as well. Proof will be in the rings.

"This game is in the refrigerator....."
Chick-n-Stew

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion