Respond to this ANTI-KOBE article from The Hurricane Online!

Respond to this ANTI-KOBE article from The Hurricane Online!

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:09 pm

The NBA expects fans to ignore the fact that the main reason Penny or Kobe have ever been able to exploit their game is because they play with the most dominant player basketball has ever had. The truth is the NBA chooses who you are going to like and who they are going to market to the masses. Shaq isn't that person, Kobe is. Enter LeBron James.
LeBron James, the high school phenom from Ohio, has never played a single game in the NBA, yet the hype surrounding him makes Kobe look like a benchwarmer. LeBron has a guaranteed player contract, a 25 million dollar shoe deal, and a bundle of endorsements waiting for him.
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 5:12 pm

WTF!!!!!!????!!!! THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE! :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree:
LakersGyrl2003

Here, I broke it into two pieces, no repeats...

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:14 pm

Can anybody say Nutella?
LeBron has Reebok, Nike, and Adidas fighting over him. Kobe no longer has a shoe deal. Here is a reason I give Kobe to fear: his overrated Lakers are no longer the best team in the league and Michael Jordan is retiring for the third time this summer. Sound familiar? Ask Penny. If the Lakers finally meet their demise in this year's playoffs and Shaq's unspoken rift with Bryant becomes public like it did with Penny in Orlando, Kobe might just be worth a Penny. Not even Phil Jackson will be able to save this one.
As for the NBA, they will begin to cash in on LeBron and leave Kobe out for the vultures. So, I leave you with this: LeBron James may save us from Kobe Bryant but will he hold up in the long run or will he be yet another victim in the NBA's quest for unlimited financial gains and the next Michael Jordan? Only time will tell.

Jaafar Choufani is a senior majoring in international finance and marketing. He can be contacted at j.choufani@umiami.edu.
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 5:16 pm

this is as huge as BS of trading shaq
how kobe fans feel is how i felt from your TRADE SHAQ threads
Last edited by Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:18 pm

It's ok, let them continue to provide motivation for Kobe. He will only continue to improve as he goes along and until he reaches about 35 he will get better and better and eventually he will own all of the career records and will have broken many single season records as well. I LIKE, no LOVE the fact that he is selfish and desires to be the best. Bill Russell was selfish FOR RINGS, Jordan was selfish for DOMINANCE and Kobe is selfish for BOTH, AND MORE! It is a FUKIN' GAME, Kobe has proven he is humble and a beautiful person OFF THE COURT and a mature and well developed person ON THE COURT, so who gives a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] what other people think!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 22, 2003 5:19 pm

LOL... God this is great, hey guys, we'll see what James can do when he gets onto the court, 90 Mil. Dollars is ridicoulous..

And although he may be the best high school player EVER, NO 18 year old deserves the name "The King"...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:19 pm

I can't wait until LeBron plays Kobe in the NBA and Kobe goes through his (as many have stated) weak defense. Like against McGrady, he will score at will...
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 22, 2003 5:24 pm

Who are you talking about? LeBron or Kobe?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 5:54 pm

Kobe Bryant is the greatest High School player ever and the stats bear it out. Here are the stats:

As a senior Kobe averaged (during a championship season):
30.8 ppg, 12 rpg, 6.5 apg, 4.0 spg, and 3.8 blocked shots per game.

[His total of 2,883 points made Bryant the leading scorer in Southeastern Pennsylvania history, beating out previous records set by NBA great Wilt Chamberlain and Carlin Warley.]

As a senior, LeBron James averaged (this past championship high school '02-'03 season):
30.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 4.8 apg, 2.9 spg, and 1.9 blocked shots per game.

How in the hell is LeBron James the best high school baller of all time, when Kobe's stats in high school (philly is in a better high school market than Ohio) are vastly superior and Kobe's current stats are close to (and will be better than eventually) LeBron's high school stats AT THE FUKIN' NBA LEVEL...??? :man3: :man3: :man3:
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 22, 2003 6:01 pm

It's all good. Im excited to watch these 2 face off... Looks like Cleavland

LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 6:05 pm

YOu agree guys that Kobe was a superior High Schooler and that he will be a superior NBA baller for their entire careers...I think so...in a few years, even T-Mac (who is awesome) will be a distant second to Kobe....
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 8:21 pm

I agree in all aspects of KOBE's game is much SUPERIOR but its his OFF the COURT actions is what sets him apart. In that department he's in the CLASS of only JORDAN. I don't want to wish ill will to people but I'd also like to see NIKE eat [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on this deal.... LOL. Lebron was first compard to JORDAN, then to MAGIC, now He's supposedly has the "same basketball skills as KOBE".... so says one of the NBA anaylist during the lottery on ABC. .............WFT!!!!??? :disagree: :disagree:
How the Hell can he say his Baketball Skill Level is as good as KOBES right now?.... That chump didn't even play Collegeball. He played against kids!! and now all of a sudden he is at KOBES level of game? :bang: WTF!!!!
KOBE is the BEST HIGHSCHOOL PLAYER EVER!!!! He broke CHAMBERLAINS record for MOST POINTS SCORED!!!!!!! can Lebron say the same?
I want LEBRON to get a hard introduction to the NBA.... a good dosage of TMAC/Iverson/Kidd..... 4 times in the season should solve that. Not to mention when KOBE/Garnett/Francis gets a crack at the new rookie.
Lebron is nicknamed the "KING" king of what?.... king of the biggest BUST!!
:mad1: :mad1:

KOBE our real MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Kobe's Empire on Thu May 22, 2003 8:34 pm

pure haters, simple as that, pure [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] gay haters that deserve to die

kobe earned everyTHING, lebron is having [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] handed to him gay [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

kobe is nuts at age 24, IMAGINE HIS PRIME FOR CHRIST SAKES...

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] THE WORLD, [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] THE MEDIA

LAKER PRIDE, LAKER LOVE, LAKERS 4 EVER (KOBE THE REAL MVP)
Kobe's Empire

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 8:39 pm

Kobe is the King of the NBA, let LeBron be the king of the amateurs...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Thu May 22, 2003 8:44 pm

It's cute seeing you all blast on this writer! :bow:
Kobe rules, lord of the rings baby!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 8:52 pm

U know what.. It's all just a buncha hype, and it's gonna hurt LeBron cuz he prolly wont live up to it all in his 1st season. Like Kobe did too... But Kobe wasn't afraid to take the shots needed for the team. But Lebron is with one of the worst teams in the NBA and he's gonna be expected to turn it all around for them. But I don't think one man can make it happens especially an unproven rookie str8 outta HS... It's gonna take some years, but believe me, people are gonna buy his gear cuz they wanna contribute to the hype and they wanna say they own some LeBron gear, ya feel? So he's gonna sell his gear still even if he's the next Vince Carter of the NBA...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu May 22, 2003 10:57 pm

LeBron ain't [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] until he PROVES himself in the NBA. And don't people understand that hating on Kobe only helps his game get better?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 22, 2003 11:53 pm

High School ballers just water down the league, and waters down the college ranks as well.. Most of these high school ballers don't really show up until they learn to play at the pro level, and it's usually 2 to three years.
Meanwhile, we have to watch what's left struggle through the College season.

How much more spectacular would the college days been had we seen KG, J O'Neal, TMAC & Kobe dominating the college ranks while getting primed for the pros instead of watching them try to play as boys amongst men in the Pro ranks, sometimes riding pine because of poor discipline or foul trouble.
Think about it, most of these guys are just getting into their rhythm, just as they would have had they gone to college.
Injuries? Part of the game. What good is it to get a "Superstar" if he's injury prone (Vince Carter comes to mind , yes I know he finished college, but his injury prone NBA carrear is just such a good example. )
We'll be hearing from Tyson Chandler soon, but we didin't get to see him develop as a college player. We got to see him struggle as a boy in a man's game. He'll get there maybe.

LeBron will be around, in due time.
But you won't get to see him in the final four.

My thoughts:
College makes lots of money on NCAA BBall, but it's going to be less and less with all the highschoolers going straight to the pros for the MONEY!

Rather than make theses guys starve and worry until they either quit college and go NBA or skip the college struggle all together, why not include a stipend that will take care of the athletes personal needs, and a bonus for getting a diploma, kinda like us regular Joes. You know if you have a sheepskin, you can get paid more FOR DOING THE SAME FRIGGING JOB! Why not let the same apply in the NBA?
Let the same folks that dole out the scholarships dole out the extra cash for the college students, with the amount recieved based on the GPA X difficulty of classes taken.
Why not share the product endorsements with the athletes that actually use the products??

Let those highschool phenoms represent us in the olympics, they so bad, make em prove it.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 23, 2003 12:00 am

And they gotta adapt to the environment the NBA offers... They're not used of playing with older players, the tons of plane rids, back to back game, and and endurance of an 82 game season. It takes a lot outta them the 1st year, and LeBron's hardest part id livin up to the hype. It's sad that he has to attempt to force shots, and bring a playoff run to team. He's gonna be depended on a lot just cuz of the hype alone. Sure he was great in HS, but no he's wit tha big doggs... I wish him all the luck. And it's gonna take a while, but it's worth watchin players grow game by game.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri May 23, 2003 12:20 am

I'm going to cheer for whom ever Lebron James is playing against.
I can't stand how the media is hyping him up and you want to know whats WORST .......... he is starting to believe the MEDIA.

I'm going to Laugh if he turns out only as good a Rashard Lewis... hehehe

Kobe our Mvp
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 23, 2003 1:10 am

LOL!! That's dirty... I'm gonna root for him to do good.. It's sad when players are given so much media attention. He never asked for it, it's then that are hypin him up. That's a dayam shame if his abilities lead him to an injury or an unsuccessful 1st season.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri May 23, 2003 10:54 am

Well, looks like we have another one to watch'develop'. He'll need a chaperone.
What really irks me is when I think about all those 'street ball' phenomes, that got absolutely no chance from the NBA because they lack the college experience. And now more of this hype.

Note to KG, Kobe, TMAC, J O'Neal, Chandler,etc.:

Money is no longer an issue for you, do the work and get your sheepskin, it'll at least set an example for those that will try to emulate you. Dont do a Vince Carter, and wreck the playoffs so you can walk across a stage and have it handed to you, correspondence school is okay.

And now that the NCAA has to compete with the pros, a lot of them are getting stone cold busted cheating. Hmmm.

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 23, 2003 5:17 pm

I just can't wait to see the look on Lebron James' face when Kobe burns him off the dribble gives him a facial!!!

"Kobe pump fakes, crossover, burns James and slams home a facial!! What a play!!!"-what Paul Sunderland will be saying in a future game.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 23, 2003 6:45 pm

I must proudly proclaim that it would give me IMMENSE satisfaction to see Kobe take LeBron APART! :jam2: :man13:
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:16 am

I bet this is the exact same stuff Kobe hataz said back in the days... They were all like, who does this 17 year old kid think he is? Joinin the NBA outta HS. They dissed him, and attempted to disemble his game. They were all like, I can't wait til another player shows him wussup, when he hits the pro hardwood. But I'm not that. LeBron got a lotta hype and it's not his fault. It's not is fault he's bein offered alot, and hey, just like any one of us, he's takin the most that's commin his way, and I'm not gonna knock him for that. But it's gonna take tyme for him to develop just like it did Kobe. But to say, I can't wait til someone shows him up is ridiculous, cuz it was also said about our man Kobe. So why add to his pilot, and give him that energy to work even harder, like Kobe.
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion