reunite GP and the Riegn man

reunite GP and the Riegn man

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:10 pm

i know it sounds crazy and all........give Kemp the min. reunite him with the glove.....maybe he and Shaq can diet together.....or blow up together....regaurdless our back up center wont get more than 12 min a game, its worth a shot
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby pltan on Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:57 pm

From memory (I'm not going to look it up ), Kemp is on a fat contract and isn't a free agent. So in which year should we offer him the minimum? ;)
pltan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:22 pm

And that's if ever GP will come to the Lakers... he's more concerned with money, rather than a championship.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:36 pm

he was .... he was the guy that gave most of the money back......he is unrestricted
SWOL

Postby pltan on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:47 pm

"Portland is committed to a payroll of $80 million next season (though almost 20 percent of it -- $14.7 million -- will go to Shawn Kemp, whose salary will come off the team's cap after the coming season). Yet the Blazers have only 10 players on their roster (including first-round pick Travis Outlaw) and must decide whether to re-sign or replace free agents Scottie Pippen, Antonio Daniels and Arvydas Sabonis, whose $7 million contract is not guaranteed. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... 3/insider/
pltan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:52 am

Kemp reign man days are over. Since he blimped up....the only thing that he seems to dunk in a daily basis are jelly doughnuts.

Kemp and Stanley Roberts should just switch sports and play the O-Line.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:08 am

Shawn Kemp agreed to a buyout with the Jailbrokers. He still gets a ridiculous amount of money, but not nearly as much as they would've otherwise been on the hook for- he comes off the books this year. Since the Blazers cut him tho, he is free to play for whoever he wants at whatever price he wants and will still make a cool 14mils off the Trailsuckers. He played last year in Orlando- for the minimum if I recall correctly- and I'm sure he'd come on board if the Lakers gave him a shot. The question is WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE LAKERS WANT HIM???? There are better backup centers out there, maybe somebody like Elden Cambell, that don't come with all the baggage Kemp does. Kemp was mediocre on the best of days last year and I don't see how having him on the roster would entice GP to come play in LA- maybe if GP stated it was one of his conditions.... but I like the idea that has been circulating recently a lot more. If GP comes for the MLE, Malone will join for the VE. Now somebody's just gotta tell Senior Glove what's what.

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:28 pm

We don't need Kemp he is just an overweight has been. He hasn't been good since his days as a sonic. He has gotten fat and useless. We don't want an eating buddy for Shaq and that's all he could be.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakers frizzo on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:29 pm

not trying to be a hater but didnt you say to me a couple weeks ago that you dont come to the forum with bs? what is this topic then? kemps like 350 and he would be the worst thing to happen to the lakers and namely shaq and the buffet bar. no disrespect though playa
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:39 pm

the vets min is on the end of the bench ala John Salley......I didnt pass it off as fact, it was an idea.......and it isnt [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], like trading fox for garnett or any other ludacris thing people on here, he'd be the 12th man and worth the risk if he lost 40 to 50 lbs, what dose our back up center play???? like 8 min
SWOL

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:47 pm

I personally like Scott Williams cause he's not too shabby in height..he's like 6'11"...and he knows the triangle offense from his days in chicago. If anything sign this cat :man7:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:36 pm

I'd rather sign one of Kemp's 15 illegitimate children. We'll have better luck with one of them than him.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KobeShowtime on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:42 pm

Shawn Kemp? are you serious? why would we want that bum? I would rather have Samaki Walker back...and i was way less than fond of that ball hog....

If kemp came here it would only be a reason for GP not to sign with the LakeShow....In fact if i was the Glove ( or any other player for that matter) A stipulation in my contract would be that Shawn kemp can not be on the team....hell i wouldnt even want him to be able to come watch games....taking up 2-3 seats and $hit.....shawn Kemp.....lol....Proud of Ya Kemp......nice 400 lbs... 65% bodyfat....I would rather have Minute Bol or Sam Bowie back.....
KobeShowtime

Postby fletchwon on Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:50 am

Hey you guys, Kemp would be a decent back up to shaq, and reuniting him with GP may inspire him to get a little fit.
Even though he was hugely overweight, he still started some games and played pretty well in stretches for the Magic. Imagine how much it would annoy the hell out of other teams thinking that when shaq gets tired they have a rest, but no, instead they have to guard another veteran behmoth in Kemp!!!!! The Lakers need muscle off the bench, Shaq hasn't had a decent back up ever....
fletchwon

Postby whats golden on Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:43 am

welcome fletchwon, nice avatar - kinda reminds me of myself.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:20 am

hey all iam saying is he is better than Sue-me Samaki or anyone else we had at center last year or even PF

KEMP
20.05 min
6.8 ppg
5.7 reb

Horry
29.3 min
6.5 ppg
6.4 reb

Walker
18.6 min
4.4 ppg
5.5 reb
SWOL

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:13 pm

all I know is we need a backup for Shaq, someone to come in and play 10-15 minutes when Shaq goes out. I would prefer Williams, Coleman, or Hill; but would take Campbell, Trent, Willis, or Kemp. Any of those would be a lot better than what we have had in the past, even if they are old, slow, or fat.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby no name on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:44 pm

are payton and kemp good friends? any seattle guys out there know from their days as sonics?
because kemp has a shady past which none of our current lakers have
but i guess it would be kind of exciting (as long as all of that stuff is behind him)
payton and kemp together again - thats would get some pub
and im sure kemp must want a ring too - he was close before
and if any coach should be with kemp, phil jackson is one of them
it is a pretty interesting point since i think we need a big pf-c hybrid type - someone that we can pick up with the lle
no name

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:21 pm

No way, the Lakers only employ players with good rep sheets...the last player that we took a chance on (Rodman) didn't last and its because he wasnt a stand up role-model type of player. No player on the current roster has a bad rep and there is a reason for that. Soumile Samake got tossed for steriod abuse even though we were weak at that position with no shaq. The Lakers won't tolerate players like Kemp period. Its been proven and I don't care how bad we need someone at that position we dont need the likes of his fat [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in our classy organization. I pass on Kemp and i'll go with campbell, s. williams, and even DC.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:45 pm

where do i start........JR Rider was a model citizen.......Dennis Rodman, an angel.....Rob Horry, threw a towel in his coaches face.......we tried like hell to get Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason (a couple of cup cakes) .....Drafted Rueben Patterson.........and Gary Payton has had legendary fights with teammates.....what exactly do we not tolerate.?????
SWOL

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:33 pm

Good point swol, but none of them ever thrived in LA, it was hope we could reform you, oh no you don't want to change your ways, then get your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] packin'. JR never saw playin time, Rodman i mentioned was in n out only given a chance cause his roots with PJ in Chi town. Rob reformed and never did nething remotely close to what he did to Ainge with PJ otherwise we would have sent his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] packin', but he stayed for the better part of 6 years cause he reformed. Classic case of Nick the quick. Tell me that you totally regret the Lakers ever let him go, but he became an issue and even after giving him time to change, did not, so we gave him the boot. GP sucked it up with his teammates and in this last year tried very hard to lead them into the playoffs. He only had issues with management and took it out on the team. But he still sucked it up and gave it 100% when it counted. Thats why management sent him packin. We obviously will treat him better. Ruben Patterson, drafted him, and let him go real quick, and as for Oakley and Mason...thought about it but never really pulled the trigger. Bottom Line is sure what team doesn't take risks, but if they messed up repeatedly while they were with us they never stayed for the long haul. Hey but thanks for bringn that to my attention and I respect your opinion.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:50 pm

whats golden wrote:welcome fletchwon, nice avatar - kinda reminds me of myself.

I think I could challenge you for that #1 Aussie Laker fan title......

And what is it about Aussies and Fletch?????

Postby fletchwon on Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:52 pm

oops, that was me above.....

Bring on Kemp I say. As long as there's enough Krispy Kreme's in LA to keep him and Shaq both happy.
fletchwon

Return to Lakers Discussion