Rich Bucher reports: Malone to Lakers

Rich Bucher reports: Malone to Lakers

Postby lilwicked805 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:32 pm

reported on ESPN!!
lilwicked805

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:33 pm

nice! u got a link?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:33 pm

YEs!!!!!! Glad to hear it!!! I cant wait til the 16th!?
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lilwicked805 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:35 pm

its on channel 207 if you have direct tv
lilwicked805

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:38 pm

http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0710/1579083.html

The Mailman delivered his decision.

A league source told ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher that Karl Malone has decided to join the Los Angeles Lakers. The move comes just days after Gary Payton joined the team as well.

Malone showed strong interest in the Lakers from the start of the free-agent negotiations on July 1, to a degree that the Hall of Fame-bound power forward is apparently willing to join the dethroned champions for a mere $1.5 million -- a cut of almost $18 million from his 2002-03 salary.

The $1.5 million figure is the most L.A. could offer Malone next season after committing its $4.9 million mid-level exception to Payton. Malone would have likely been able to get more money if he signed with San Antonio, Sacramento or Dallas.

The Jazz were exploring sign-and-trade possibilities (with the Kings) and the Lakers' three West rivals were hesitant to let Malone join L.A.'s new star trio unopposed.

More to the story!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:44 pm

YEAH!
whooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:46 pm

The Mailman delivers!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:01 pm

All I gotts say is HOLY CRAP!!

We are now looking at one of most pwerful basketball teams in NBA history!!

The season can't start fast enough. I am defintiely going out to Vegas to see the pre-season game against the Kings now. I can't wait to watch Webber whine and cry his way around the Mailman!!

I am just stunned - elated, but stunned. I had a good feeling about Gary since last year, but never in my wildest predictions would I have pegged Malone as being a Laker one day!! What better way for Brian Cook to learn than from the best power forward of all-time?!

Guys - this season is going to be absolutely spectacular!
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby prontospyder on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:02 pm

Go Lakers!!
prontospyder

Postby BDG on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:06 pm

crucifido wrote:never in my wildest predictions would I have pegged Malone as being a Laker one day!!
I KNOW! Damn, I used to hate Malone when the Jazz used to beat the Lakers those couple of years. I hated the Jazz so much. But hey, Malone's one of us now so I can't hate on him! He's given so much to basketball and no one can overlook that.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:08 pm

I mean - [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] - PAYTON AND MALONE ARE GONNA BE LAKERS!!!!!

Has this sunk in yet? I guess when they sign and they hold up those jersies at the press conference it won't really feel like reality. I might have to take that day off and make it some sort of Laker holiday! Now to get this stupid bogus Kobe thing done and all will be right with the world.

HELL YES!!!
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:17 pm

You know it's funny, At the end of last season I was prepared for the worst case senario. Figuring the Lakers had really no Money to sepnd on any good players. Now look at us. This could be the most exciting season in Laker and even NBA history. I guarantee that the NBA finals next year will have some of the highest Rating in NBA history. (No offense to the Spurs and Nets)
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby PlayaHateUs on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:05 pm

most definately SterlingBlueSatinGlow. this season will be a thriller. ratings will skyrocket like no other season before.
PlayaHateUs

Postby Reddy on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:07 pm

yupp
especailly the first game
and the ratings for teh finals and playoffs as long as the lakers are in them,, with ZOOM
last year it was da worst of all time
in 2004
the lakers will make the ratings best of all time :bow: :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:08 pm

I used to hate Malone and the Jazz, along with Seattle back in 98. Man... I hated Payton so much, cuz he was so good against us, and it was back then when we tied the Sonics for the best record in the WC... Man, back in the days.... And to think that years later they would be championshipless, and comin to the Lakers for their shot at their 1st championship... This is so amazing... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:21 pm

Hey peeps, Stop a minute. Lets all take a second to to reflect on what this means. It's not very often you get to witness a great thing. There have been a few really memorable teams through out NBA history. Most of us were to young to really understand and realise how special some of these teams were like Byrd and the Celtics or The OLD laker team of Worthy and Magic. But we are in for a treat. This team is going to be something very special and like those who still talk about the time Magic did that or the time Worthy did this. We are going to sit around years from now and talk about the 2004 Lakers Championship. This is defitintly a very special thing that only comes around once or twice in a lifetime. We happen to be lucky enough to witness it. I have to say that I'm in Awe.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby crucifido on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:33 am

Speaking for someone who was watching during in Dr. J's days, the early to late 80s Lakers, the awful early 90s/Del Harris and Randy Pfund eras, the most recent Laker run, the Celtics of Bird, McHale and Parrish and right up until now - I do think this team will (without any doubt) be right up there with the best of all time.

I mean take a second and really examine this team - 9 to 10 players deep, almost every player is a 2 position player and the starting five alone average around 108 a game! Factor in any bench play and we're talking an absolutely unstoppable force on the court at all times. Offensively and defensviely one of the nastiest lineups to ever hit any court!! And we get to see every game of it!

My god, I have always hated the "NBAless" summers, but this one is going to kill me. The thought of them holding up those jersies at their press conference and the roar the starters will receive on opening night will be something to tell your grandchildren about! I'm getting chills just typing this stuff. The new season can't come fast enough.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Return to Lakers Discussion