Rick Fox Says What All Of Lakerland Is Thinking

Re: Rick Fox Says What All Of Lakerland Is Thinking

Postby Kasumi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 am

Weezy wrote: As for my thoughts, I shared them in the Howard thread, but I'll post them again.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I commented more in the other thread this was posted in too.

You two just demonstrated why the mods keep these conversations together. You end up having the same comments/discussion in multiple threads - better to keep them as one.

Back on topic - thank you Rick Fox! :jam2:
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 am

Weezy wrote:The recap of the interview was posted in the Howard thread, but not the link to the interview. I think this deserves it's own thread as well so more people can hear the actual interview, I haven't even heard it myself. Oh, and insulting the mods isn't a great way to get your thread left open, the guilt trip approach is lame. We're not even bad as far as that goes, other sites are much worse, for example I could never even register at LG, my account was never approved after multiple tries, and I heard in the past you can get banned just for having a different opinion than a mod, not sure if it's still like that.

Nope! Comparing us to ruthless mass-murdering dictators is perfectly reasonable, Hitler! :man2:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am

DANG I miss the days of having other strong personalities like Foxy in the locker room.

Glad he said something, for some reason Dwight seems above criticism despite stat analysis and eyeball test reaching the same conclusion:

He's not happy right now. And if he's not happy, he's gonna try to make sure YOU'RE not happy. :mad1:
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am

While I agree with alot of what Fox said, he seems to be more speaking as part of the Lakers family that's offended by Dwight's play & attitude. We're losing right now & we don't know how to deal with that. If we're the 3 seed right now & these same chemistry issues happened, would Fox be taking this tone against Dwight? I don't think so. The real reason to be upset as a Lakers fan this season is still having the chance to bring Phil back & not doing it. Not only not doing it, but giving the job to someone else via phone before Phil was scheduled to give them an answer. He's the greatest when it comes to managing ego's & we would avoid alot of these problems imo.
lakersin4

Postby Psychobroker on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

TIME wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:No he's right. You guys definitely are like stalin. He just doesn't want to get on the mods' bad side.

You don't say.

ROFL @ the avatar :bow:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Psychobroker on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:18 pm

khmrP wrote:knowing the mental midget that Howard is, how does anyone thing Fox comment help at all? :freak2: All his points are valid but I'm pretty sure its not gona do anything POSITIVE one bit for the team moral and or Howards mentality, knowing how he reacts to small stuff these comments probably just pushes him ever further into the "I'm not coming back" side. Its gona be a sad and ugly day the day he comes back in another uniform at FULL strength with Pau/Hill trying to guard him, lets see what type of FRAUD he is then and maybe he can distinguish himself from the likes of Asik or better yet Zeller :man10:

But isn't that reason alone to let him go, if he can't handle some criticism? The measuring stick for all of us needs to be how BYNUM responded critics of his game, his value and his injuries, the Kobe "shis his a** out" rant, etc.. he simply worked harder and came back stronger each and every year. But people call Bynum "immature"... i'm telling you, Dwight's type of immaturity is much worse and probably permanent at this point in his life/career.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Psychobroker wrote:
khmrP wrote:knowing the mental midget that Howard is, how does anyone thing Fox comment help at all? :freak2: All his points are valid but I'm pretty sure its not gona do anything POSITIVE one bit for the team moral and or Howards mentality, knowing how he reacts to small stuff these comments probably just pushes him ever further into the "I'm not coming back" side. Its gona be a sad and ugly day the day he comes back in another uniform at FULL strength with Pau/Hill trying to guard him, lets see what type of FRAUD he is then and maybe he can distinguish himself from the likes of Asik or better yet Zeller :man10:

But isn't that reason alone to let him go, if he can't handle some criticism? The measuring stick for all of us needs to be how BYNUM responded critics of his game, his value and his injuries, the Kobe "shis his a** out" rant, etc.. he simply worked harder and came back stronger each and every year. But people call Bynum "immature"... i'm telling you, Dwight's type of immaturity is much worse and probably permanent at this point in his life/career.

Right. I feel like this guy has ben getting a free pass all year.

"Dont tell Dwight how inefficient he is"
"Don't tell Dwight he has to play D even if he's not getting touches"
"Dont tell Dwight he should focus on P&R because his post game isnt there"
"Dont tell Dwight he should play if team doctors say he can"

I mean where does it end? You guys realize that in his mind he's not doing anything wrong and any possible decline or disappointment he's been a part of is someone elses fault right?

Not sure how to fix this, but we have a guy on our team who isnt doing his job but we're "not allowed" to tell him he isnt doing his job. :man6:
phoenixrisingla

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 pm

^^^thats fine, but where are these same "individuals" to tell Metta he sucks and stop chucking, to tell Kobe to stop ball watching on D, tell Nash to stop getting lite up by every guard in the league? I'm not a proponent of howard at all but seems EVERYONE is pointing finger ONLY at Howard for our failures, he deserves alot of it but not all of it. Thats fine if he can't handle the criticism and he leaves, I'm on board in saying we dont need chumps like that but at the same time he isn't getting any slack for the failures like Metta, Nash, etc.
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^thats fine, but where are these same "individuals" to tell Metta he sucks and stop chucking, to tell Kobe to stop ball watching on D, tell Nash to stop getting lite up by every guard in the league? I'm not a proponent of howard at all but seems EVERYONE is pointing finger ONLY at Howard for our failures, he deserves alot of it but not all of it. Thats fine if he can't handle the criticism and he leaves, I'm on board in saying we dont need chumps like that but at the same time he isn't getting any slack for the failures like Metta, Nash, etc.

Agree and your points on our other players are all correct in my opinion.

I think Dwight is just at hte top of the list for a lot of people. And when you combine it with fan expectations that were somewhere in the stratosphere for him, I think some of it is backlash too.

Lakers fans may not be the most forgiving, but if you're playing HARD every night then we generally respect that (see, Kobe, Nash, Metta) even if results arent ideal.

If you start loafing or seem disinterested, that's when the true wrath of LA fans emerges. lol :boxing1:
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:34 pm

he's supposed to be the future face of this franchise, that's why. he's held to a higher standard...like it or lump it.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:he's supposed to be the future face of this franchise, that's why. he's held to a higher standard...like it or lump it.

This. He's going to be held to the standard of Shaq, Kobe, and even Pau, because those are the champions and franchise guys to come before him. Fair or not, that's how it goes in LA, that's why not everyone can make it as a Laker. People here talked crap on Pau when we first lost, called him soft and talked about how he shrunk against the Celtics. He bounced back though and won titles, he stepped it up and got tough and played through it all, he didn't whine about it or crumble under the pressure, he had that fire to win and he did.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 pm

khmrP wrote:^^^thats fine, but where are these same "individuals" to tell Metta he sucks and stop chucking, to tell Kobe to stop ball watching on D, tell Nash to stop getting lite up by every guard in the league? I'm not a proponent of howard at all but seems EVERYONE is pointing finger ONLY at Howard for our failures, he deserves alot of it but not all of it. Thats fine if he can't handle the criticism and he leaves, I'm on board in saying we dont need chumps like that but at the same time he isn't getting any slack for the failures like Metta, Nash, etc.

Ron isn't asking for more touches when he bricks and doesn't get the ball and passively aggressively crying.

We disrupt out offense just to get him the ball in the post for him to basically do nothing with it. We're not good on D but atleast there's effort and an effort to come out of touch situations to win, Dwight shows none of that, all he does is ask for the ball down low and disrupt any kind of offensive flow we have
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 pm

LooN3y wrote:

Ron isn't asking for more touches when he bricks and doesn't get the ball and passively aggressively crying.

We disrupt out offense just to get him the ball in the post for him to basically do nothing with it. We're not good on D but atleast there's effort and an effort to come out of touch situations to win, Dwight shows none of that, all he does is ask for the ball down low and disrupt any kind of offensive flow we have

Ron chucking 3's or attempting ackward looking one foot fadeaway that lead to the opposing team fastbrake/transition points dont disrupt our offense? Why would Ron complain bout touches, he pretty much jacks up shots as he pleases as soon as he touches it :man10: there's been games where he has had more shot attempts to Pau, Nash, Howard and sometimes more than a combination of these players
khmrP

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:16 pm

khmrP wrote:
LooN3y wrote:

Ron chucking 3's or attempting ackward looking one foot fadeaway that lead to the opposing team fastbrake/transition points dont disrupt our offense? Why would Ron complain bout touches, he pretty much jacks up shots as he pleases as soon as he touches it :man10: there's been games where he has had more shot attempts to Pau, Nash, Howard and sometimes more than a combination of these players

He's doing th same thing he's been doing this whole year, except before he was making it. It's no excuse but I don't blame Ron, he's the only one running d'antonis system and Pringles probably isn't saying anything to him

He wouldn't be doing this under Phil, neither would all this Dwight drama
LooN3y

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Weezy wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:he's supposed to be the future face of this franchise, that's why. he's held to a higher standard...like it or lump it.

This. He's going to be held to the standard of Shaq, Kobe, and even Pau, because those are the champions and franchise guys to come before him. Fair or not, that's how it goes in LA, that's why not everyone can make it as a Laker. People here talked crap on Pau when we first lost, called him soft and talked about how he shrunk against the Celtics. He bounced back though and won titles, he stepped it up and got tough and played through it all, he didn't whine about it or crumble under the pressure, he had that fire to win and he did.

Good example. :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm

LooN3y wrote:
He's doing th same thing he's been doing this whole year, except before he was making it. It's no excuse but I don't blame Ron, he's the only one running d'antonis system and Pringles probably isn't saying anything to him

so its ok he sucking big time just as long as he continues to chuck away from 3pt line because its "within" the offense right?
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

BTW, I loved the way Fox played the game. He was clearly not the greatest NBA talent, but he gave it his all, did the dirty work, and I loved how enraged Lakers haters would become just from looking at his glistening mane.

But...I don't know that I take what he says all that seriously.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm

khmrP wrote:
LooN3y wrote:

so its ok he sucking big time just as long as he continues to chuck away from 3pt line because its "within" the offense right?

When did I say that? I said blame the coach, he's not gettin disciplined or benched or not changing his ways because d'antoni probably encourages it, i want him to take one dribble ( because it seems like he makes it more when he does) and shoot the 3, not contested

As for the floating sideways jumpers, it hasn't been that bad,
LooN3y

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 am

We were so lucky to have guys like Fox, Fisher, Horry or Grant in the locker room. So many great guys and incredible role players.

Fox wasn't great by any means but he was a real asset to any team before injuries slowed him down.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Jordan-esque on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am

The thing I loved about Fox was that he was the only Laker veteran who understood the then 19 year old Kobe.

There were stories that Shaq and the older teammates would tease Kobe for not wanting to hang out with them, and go to the bars, etc. but Fox always stood up and defended Kobe.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion