Rick Fox Says What All Of Lakerland Is Thinking

Rick Fox Says What All Of Lakerland Is Thinking

Postby LooN3y on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 pm

LooN3y

Re: Rick Fox Says What All Of Lakerland Is Thinking

Postby jonnyshevanel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Already posted in the Dwight Howard thread I believe, but thank you anyways sir x3
jonnyshevanel

Postby LooN3y on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

i couldnt even find it, it should have its own thread, i hope the mods dont merge it.

the mods are like stalin over here.
LooN3y

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 pm

The recap of the interview was posted in the Howard thread, but not the link to the interview. I think this deserves it's own thread as well so more people can hear the actual interview, I haven't even heard it myself. Oh, and insulting the mods isn't a great way to get your thread left open, the guilt trip approach is lame. We're not even bad as far as that goes, other sites are much worse, for example I could never even register at LG, my account was never approved after multiple tries, and I heard in the past you can get banned just for having a different opinion than a mod, not sure if it's still like that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Weezy wrote:The recap of the interview was posted in the Howard thread, but not the link to the interview. I think this deserves it's own thread as well so more people can hear the actual interview, I haven't even heard it myself. Oh, and insulting the mods isn't a great way to get your thread left open, the guilt trip approach is lame. We're not even bad as far as that goes, other sites are much worse, for example I could never even register at LG, my account was never approved after multiple tries, and I heard in the past you can get banned just for having a different opinion than a mod, not sure if it's still like that.

it was just a jokingly light jab, nothing serious. lol im not butt hurt or complaining, just tyring to lighten the mood. it wasnt anything to per say "insult" or get the mods mad, they've been very helpful actually.

but what are your thoughts?
LooN3y

Postby jonnyshevanel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 am

Weezy's right, I hadn't heard this actually. Thanks for posting! Rick Fox is right on with this one in my opinion. Dwight needs to play to win, not complain about touches etc. and the drama has to end. Time to start playing like a winner, Dwight!
jonnyshevanel

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 am

The mod comment isn't a big deal, just pointing out we're not really that strict. As for my thoughts, I shared them in the Howard thread, but I'll post them again. I always enjoy listening to Rick Fox interviews, he knows what he's talking about and he will tell it like it is. He always speaks highly of Kobe for example, but doesn't dance around that he wasn't always easy to play with and neither was the stuff going on with Kobe and Shaq. Like I said I didn't hear the interview yet, but based on the LG recap Fox didn't say anything most of us haven't been seeing ourselves, haven't been hearing in reports, or haven't been thinking. Dwight's not happy here, he's not trying very hard, his offensive game isn't great and hasn't progressed in years, and he's still wanting things his way even though he's got all time great to learn from in Kobe and Nash. I mean come on, Kobe changed his whole game for Dwight and this team a few weeks ago, and Nash keeps talking about how he wants to run the pick n roll with Dwight more, to maximize his talent and make things easy. And Dwight either doesn't care to do this, or is at least resistant, and that's unacceptable to me.

Fox wasn't always great, he didn't average a ton of points or anything, but he always played hard. He was a winner, a competitor, he flourished under Phil like great role player vets seem to do, and he played with heart, something Howard lacks IMO. He also clearly gets what it means to be a Laker and appreciates being a part of it and appreciates what the franchise's legacy means. So to me his opinion carries weight and I always enjoy hearing it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 am

it really made me happy to hear rick say "maybe it's all because there's still a part of me that never left that locker room"

:man6:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 am

yea fox went pretty hard at him, and its the truth.

i wonder what the dwight defenders have to say now. in the first 10 games of the season, i was wondering why dwight was the initiator in the post, i really thought he was just gonna pick and roll with kobe, pau, nash, blake and just dive, and either dunk or draw the double and dish, oh wait he cant pass without turning it over half the time.

and it got clearer after before brown got fired that he was afraid to take dwight out the post because he hasnt signed the extention and didnt want to upset him and same with MDA

but now we know for sure. this guys a cancer.

ive been a pau supporter and i still am, his contract is gonna be off the books, ship dwight for smith or love if we can, thats a much better fit as of right now.

im not a believer that 2 bigs cant co-exist, dwight and gasol can given teh effort and sacrafices, bynum and gasol did fine.

but not with dwights attitude. i really want dwight out right now
LooN3y

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 am

That was a great interview. He didn't hold back; that's for sure. Even if you didn't agree with everything he said, Fox still made good points and defended his position very well.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby noobiew on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:44 am

I agreed with Rick Fox, Dwight is a baby and has the loser mentality, if being #1 option offensively and getting a lots of touches offensively is so important to him then he better just stayed in Orlando. I know this guy is playing hurt at the moment,but his body language in the game tell us that he's not putting enough efforts on the court, even with not 100% healthy, he could just rebound & playing defense and we would be much better with it, why we bring him here is because of his massive defensive impact on the game, he should anchoring our defense and become a top GOAT player similar to the modern era of Bill Russell, so far even a role player Earl Clark was getting more boards than him, this tell me the lack of interest and effort putting from Dwight.

I wish Rick Fox could donate some hearts to Dwight
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 am

Weezy wrote:The recap of the interview was posted in the Howard thread, but not the link to the interview. I think this deserves it's own thread as well so more people can hear the actual interview, I haven't even heard it myself. Oh, and insulting the mods isn't a great way to get your thread left open, the guilt trip approach is lame. We're not even bad as far as that goes, other sites are much worse, for example I could never even register at LG, my account was never approved after multiple tries, and I heard in the past you can get banned just for having a different opinion than a mod, not sure if it's still like that.

No he's right. You guys definitely are like stalin. He just doesn't want to get on the mods' bad side.
King of Clutch

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 am

i really want to see what dwight says tomorrow or if he acknowledges the interview.

probably won't, and just listen to whatever his PR guy tell him to say, hes never a man of his own.
LooN3y

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 am

howard won't take this well. Its been proven that his mental toughness isn't great. Hope it doesn't affect his play.
King of Clutch

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 am

King of Clutch wrote:No he's right. You guys definitely are like stalin. He just doesn't want to get on the mods' bad side.

You don't say.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 am

I would venture this:

If this is all mental: Then Dwight is either a mercenary and only cares about cash and stats, or a complete head case with a loser mentality.

If this is physical: What the hell were the Lakers thinking in the first place bringing in a gimpy big man known purely for athleticism?

The reality is probably some grey area involving everything, but it does lead me to seriously question what Lakers brass was thinking with him early on. The big nameyness of Nash and Howard seems like it took Jim to dream up, and Mitch to pull off.

The way Rick Fox talks, it seems like Dwight's shortcomings have been known in the league and media for a long time. If he's on to this, and going THIS hard at Dwight, surely Mitch must be having some sleepless nights too.
SpencerHarrison

Postby jonnyshevanel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am

TIME wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:No he's right. You guys definitely are like stalin. He just doesn't want to get on the mods' bad side.

You don't say.

LOL you accepted that comment with open arms didn't you? :man10:
jonnyshevanel

Postby trodgers on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 am

King of Clutch wrote:

No he's right. You guys definitely are like stalin. He just doesn't want to get on the mods' bad side.

Yeah, warning and banning people on an Internet forum is pretty much like forced labor, back alley executions, and general oppression. I totally see it.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 am

I wanna be Stalin too.... GIVE ME POWER :man9:

And Fox has some valid points. I commented more in the other thread this was posted in too.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

SpencerHarrison wrote:If this is physical: What the hell were the Lakers thinking in the first place bringing in a gimpy big man known purely for athleticism?

Maybe because the other guy we traded is/was a BIGGER GIMP :freak2: :man10: . As far as Howard commenting on Fox statement, he doesn't need too, just play the game with more effort. This is the OUTSIDE BS that Kobe, MDA, Nash etc. is talking bout, it doesn't warrant a response outside of performing and showing more effort.
khmrP

Postby scissors on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks for the link.

Such a great interview. Fox keeps it real.

Just to add: The mods are doing a great job keeping the forum clutter free. :jam2:
scissors

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am

King of Clutch wrote:

Still not over me asking you to stop making things personal in an argument the other day I see, poor you, so oppressed.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:49 am

knowing the mental midget that Howard is, how does anyone thing Fox comment help at all? :freak2: All his points are valid but I'm pretty sure its not gona do anything POSITIVE one bit for the team moral and or Howards mentality, knowing how he reacts to small stuff these comments probably just pushes him ever further into the "I'm not coming back" side. Its gona be a sad and ugly day the day he comes back in another uniform at FULL strength with Pau/Hill trying to guard him, lets see what type of FRAUD he is then and maybe he can distinguish himself from the likes of Asik or better yet Zeller :man10:
khmrP

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 am

khmrP wrote:knowing the mental midget that Howard is, how does anyone thing Fox comment help at all? :freak2: All his points are valid but I'm pretty sure its not gona do anything POSITIVE one bit for the team moral and or Howards mentality, knowing how he reacts to small stuff these comments probably just pushes him ever further into the "I'm not coming back" side. Its gona be a sad and ugly day the day he comes back in another uniform at FULL strength with Pau/Hill trying to guard him, lets see what type of FRAUD he is then and maybe he can distinguish himself from the likes of Asik or better yet Zeller :man10:

With his "I need touches, I need to be I the post" attitude

If he's going to be posting up and not Run pick and roll, I'm not sure that gasol and hill have to play any hard defense at all, he'll miss those jump hooks naturally, or get stripped, or heck jus foul him.

He sure is taking shaqs comment to the heart
LooN3y

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am

LooN3y wrote:
khmrP wrote:knowing the mental midget that Howard is, how does anyone thing Fox comment help at all? :freak2: All his points are valid but I'm pretty sure its not gona do anything POSITIVE one bit for the team moral and or Howards mentality, knowing how he reacts to small stuff these comments probably just pushes him ever further into the "I'm not coming back" side. Its gona be a sad and ugly day the day he comes back in another uniform at FULL strength with Pau/Hill trying to guard him, lets see what type of FRAUD he is then and maybe he can distinguish himself from the likes of Asik or better yet Zeller :man10:

With his "I need touches, I need to be I the post" attitude

If he's going to be posting up and not Run pick and roll, I'm not sure that gasol and hill have to play any hard defense at all, he'll miss those jump hooks naturally, or get stripped, or heck jus foul him.

He sure is taking shaqs comment to the heart

right because its not like we haven't seen Pau/Hill get abused by smaller less talented bigs then Howard before :man10:
khmrP

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion