Robert Horry

Robert Horry

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:31 am

I think we should keep Robert Horry because he brings so many things to this team that is far beyond the stats. I know he hasn't been himself of late, but if he is healthy during the play-offs he can contribute. Robert has good defense, he is long, and can get away with poking the ball out of the opponent's hand. He has been our hero. I just think it would be messed to trade him to another team..... with all that said, all things come to an end.
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:41 am

There also comes a point in time where we gotta let go also. I'm not sayin lets get rid of him now, but in a sence we also gotta look forward. We drafted some forwards in the draft, so I don't think there's gonna be room for Horry. :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Sallian on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:53 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:There also comes a point in time where we gotta let go also. I'm not sayin lets get rid of him now, but in a sence we also gotta look forward. We drafted some forwards in the draft, so I don't think there's gonna be room for Horry. :man6:

Wasn't there a rumor about him wanting to go back to Houston to finish out his career before he retires? I forgot where I saw it just right after the Lakers' exit from the Playoffs but yeah.....

Cook may be the person but we can't forget about Howard or Malone or Brown if one of them are to be signed by the Lakers. I think Cook will definitely take Samaki's spot or at least that's what I would do.
#34 - [Sallian] - #8
-[LAKERSfan4LIFE]-
Sallian

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:55 am

Yes there was. And I'm still sure that that's his intention. It's sad to let him go, but in a sence, we still have our other big men to rotate the center position. Hey, if we get Malone, we could have cook play the 5 spot too... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:28 pm

You know, I think Horry will either decide to return home (which I fully support due to his sick daughter) or stay another year with the Lakers and proove to people he is still clutch.

If we take him, he will be our secure veteran leader with Shaw now gone... I doubt we'll see him end up anywhere besides L.A. or Texas.

Anywhere he ends up, he will always have my respect, and full support. I am a Robert Horry fan, I think any true Laker fan is...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby crucifido on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:36 am

Robert has been one of my favorite players in the NBA since his rookie year and has been my favorite Lakers player for the seasons he has been here. He,to me, is what players should be. Dedicated, not bratty, not money grubbing, always productive and a consumate professional on and off the court.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kingjsun on Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:53 am

Horry should not go anywhere, and probably won't go anywhere. With fox out for the season, Horry hopefully will rotate to the three spot. This should allow him to defend smaller players, which will allow him to have his legs when we need them most, the 4th quarter. Now, Walton can play the three. But, he can also come off the bench to rest Horry or vice versa. If, God willing, Madson has been working a a mid-range jumper during the off season, he can play the 4 spot, easily. Other teams leave him open because he can't shoot. Well, if he starts knocking them down, it's over. They would have to defend him. And, we all know he'll give everything he has on defense!
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Horry's gotta go!

Postby Trumptman on Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:56 am

The Lakers have held on to Horry for too long. He has never been more than a good bench player and now he isn't even really that because of age and injuries.

The Lakers should also dump Derik Fisher , Fox and Devin George. They use to be much better about deciding when "projects" weren't working out. Devin has had way too much time and still can't be consistant or keep his head in a game. You look around the league and you see all the former Lakers we traded off because they were okay but not top stuff. Nick Van Excel (too streaky), Doug Christie (streaky head case), Vlade (no D) Divac), Elden Campbell, Eddie Jones, etc. All these players are "ok" but really don't have the stuff.

Horry had the stuff for being a good back up. Fox would be a back up on any other team. George and Fish would be too and should be packaged to get some real talent in.

Trumptman
Trumptman

Return to Lakers Discussion