Robert Sacre Discussion: Snoop, DMX, Tyson on his side (13)

Re: Robert Sacre Discussion: Snoop, DMX, Tyson on his side (13)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 pm

um................................ BUMP REQUIRED!

This boy played his butt off today. 11p, 5rbs, 1ast, 2 blks.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:um................................ BUMP REQUIRED!

This boy played his butt off today. 11p, 5rbs, 1ast, 2 blks.

definitely, really solid defensive plays on Cousins too.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Rob-Sanity.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:42 pm

He will be more useful than Pau in ....

Bets are on
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 pm

He defended cousins better than Pau, he looked good, I'm happy for the guy, hope he can stay consistent.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Grabbed 3 offensive boards to Pau's 0, in half the minutes.. I don't think we'd lose much at C if we deal Pau.. Hill/Kaman/Sacre is good enough for me. Pau for a starting PF, possibly 1 named Melo.
LakersN4

Postby LakerFan1235 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:50 pm

7 footer that can play the pick and roll game well and was the last pick of the draft... Not bad at all.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:28 am

Sacre might be LA's best pick in several years.

82games did a review of player performance by draft position. The 60th pick in the draft had the following averages: 7 games played, 4.1 MPG, and averages of 0.8 points, 0.4 assists, 0.4 rebounds.

Sacre has so far played in 39 games, averaging 7.2 minutes, 1.9 pts, 0.3 assists, and 1.4 rebounds. He has already produced performance like a 50-56th pick. And it seems he won't be stopping soon.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:40 am

trodgers wrote:Sacre might be LA's best pick in several years.

82games did a review of player performance by draft position. The 60th pick in the draft had the following averages: 7 games played, 4.1 MPG, and averages of 0.8 points, 0.4 assists, 0.4 rebounds.

Sacre has so far played in 39 games, averaging 7.2 minutes, 1.9 pts, 0.3 assists, and 1.4 rebounds. He has already produced performance like a 50-56th pick. And it seems he won't be stopping soon.

He definitely has the best touch around the rim (outside of dunking) on the team.

I'm impressed with how much control he has coming off the pick and roll. If he can dunk it, he will, but if not, it's a quick little flip shot with soft touch.

He's progressing nicely right now and I don't think anyone can make a case for why MDA is playing Sacre over Kaman right now. He's been doing everything that we should expect from his role on the team.

Sacre's defense has been impressive as well, in this small sample size.

Hopefully he has consistency and is not just having a good couple of games.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 am

Sacre has shown great growth so far this season. Really great. His touch around rim like Doc said is great. He does a good job of positioning his body so that the defender has a tough time getting across his body to get to the ball. His defense is solid, he makes a big seven foot body feel like a big seven foot body on that end. Not a shot blocker necessarily, but a good position defender.

He needs to work on his fouls obviously, but that's not unusual at all. I hope he keeps this up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 am

I like what he brings, but I don't like him paired up with Pau(I don't really like Pau the player). I'd rather Tony keep th Pau/ Hill line up and yank Pau at the first mandatory time out.
D.B. Cooper

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:46 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:I like what he brings, but I don't like him paired up with Pau(I don't really like Pau the player). I'd rather Tony keep th Pau/ Hill line up and yank Pau at the first mandatory time out.

I think Hill took too much responsibility too soon and needs the time off to get his breath back. I'm fine with the Sacre/Pau lineup if that's the case.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 am

therealdeal wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:I like what he brings, but I don't like him paired up with Pau(I don't really like Pau the player). I'd rather Tony keep th Pau/ Hill line up and yank Pau at the first mandatory time out.

I think Hill took too much responsibility too soon and needs the time off to get his breath back. I'm fine with the Sacre/Pau lineup if that's the case.

True about Hill, I just cringed when I looked at ScoreMobile and saw Pau at the F spot.
D.B. Cooper

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

True about Hill, I just cringed when I looked at ScoreMobile and saw Pau at the F spot.

Sacre is doing a really decent job honestly. He's our best pick and roll big by far. Better than Hill even. He plays better defense both team and one-on-one than Pau and Kaman...

Honestly I think I'd rather watch Sacre than Pau. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:05 am

Of course you would. Because Sacre is working extremely hard and playing above our expectations. And that's easy to see. Fans appreciate that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:42 pm

therealdeal wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Sacre is doing a really decent job honestly. He's our best pick and roll big by far. Better than Hill even. He plays better defense both team and one-on-one than Pau and Kaman...

Honestly I think I'd rather watch Sacre than Pau. :man10:

I miss seeing this goof's enthusiasm :man10: Hopefully I'll get to see a good game from him tomorrow!
charvin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:06 pm

I hope he rounds into a legit backup center. That's a 900k gift for next season.
Doc Brown

Postby abeer3 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:11 pm

his ability on the pick and roll on offense has surprised me, even after some flashes last year. defensively, he gets the most out of his limited athleticism. hey, marc gasol is totally unathletic and a very good defender, so maybe sacre can be serviceable.
abeer3

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:25 am

Def improved this year and getting better. Moves well and plays D without complaining on O. Like the PNR but it'll be different with Kobe back now. Still don't know why Kaman is MIA as I think Kobe and Kaman would work pretty well. But whatever, Sacre playing well, alot better than what I expected from him starting.

Foul trouble tonight took him out of rhythm. All our starters sucked tonight, but he wasn't bad when he was in. Just foul trouble.

Refs were kind of BS tonight...the second they made the wrong guy shoot both freethrows and had to go back and redo it with the right guy, you kind of knew lakers were in for a long night. No whistles that mattered for the Lakers while Raptors got everything that mattered like shooting fouls.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 am

abeer3 wrote:his ability on the pick and roll on offense has surprised me, even after some flashes last year. defensively, he gets the most out of his limited athleticism. hey, marc gasol is totally unathletic and a very good defender, so maybe sacre can be serviceable.

He has a pretty nice old school feel about his defense to me. Strong body, jump when you can, give your fouls when you need to. Well the foul part is a little sketchy, but that's where I see him headed.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Matt Geiger Redux.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Good job, Sacre!
denimPortugal

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Gotta give respect to Sacre. I said earlier this season that he hadn't shown anything. It's early, but I might have to eat some crow. For a 60th pick, this guy seems to have a special drive to do more. Strong rotational player. Happy to have him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:07 pm

I said last year that I like this kid if not simply for his work ethic. He wants to play and has the drive to play. Now he is given a chance and he is showing he has the smarts. His defense is a great suprise but the biggest thing is his offensive game. The guy has put the ball on the floor, shown the ability to spin/alter his position on the drive and an ability to lay it in. His pick and roll game is also a great addition. He was working really well with Blake when he had the chance to play with him. Keep it up big fella :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 pm

You know, I am actually impressed. Good player, hustles, tries really hard. I'm glad he's on the team.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion