ROOKIES STEPPED UP BUT NOT PHIL JACKSON!!!

ROOKIES STEPPED UP BUT NOT PHIL JACKSON!!!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 08, 2003 8:33 am

I don't care what anybody else says, but in my opinion the rookies Pargo and Rush did their part last night. Pargo had 13 pts and Rush had 10. Yea it was garbage time but the point is that they scored in double figures. Something that the majority of the starting unit could not do. Alongside w/ 20+ pts from Kobe and Shaq, the rooks definitely did their part. Pargo is starting to get his Arkansas game back by driving in the hole, and I see Rush getting his shooting touch back from every shot he takes. These guys are quick on their steps and Phil Jackson needs to take notice of this. If you ask me, Phil is the guy that needs to step up!! He needs to start giving these guys playing time and give them more confidence. They have what it takes to help us, but Phil just isn't making the moves to get them in the game. 10 mins a game isn't going to get anything done w/ the rookies. They need at least 15+ mins a game just like any player in this league to warm up in every game. Phil needs to step up and give these guys their chance. I can also tell that Slava has a good shooting touch. Heck give that guy a chance!! Experience is what counts in order to make a mark in this league called the NBA. I mean dam, the rookies "helped" bring the game down to a 9 pt deficit, then here's Phil replacing them w/ Fisher and Shaw again, 2 players that didn't do anything for us in Game 2. P-Jax needs to take notice of these things and start coach, and stop falling asleep on the sideline, as he did in the game last night! Come up w/ some adjustments like we all hope, and get it done!! So to finish this off....
THE ROOKIES STEPPED UP, BUT NOT PHIL JACKSON!!!!!!!
Pls prove me wrong in the next upcoming games....
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 08, 2003 12:44 pm

Yeah, the rookies did step up and narrow the huge gap in the score last night. Maybe they'll get more playing time earlier in the next games.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Re: ROOKIES STEPPED UP BUT NOT PHIL JACKSON!!!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 5:21 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:I don't care what anybody else says, but in my opinion the rookies Pargo and Rush did their part last night. Pargo had 13 pts and Rush had 10. Yea it was garbage time but the point is that they scored in double figures. Something that the majority of the starting unit could not do. Alongside w/ 20+ pts from Kobe and Shaq, the rooks definitely did their part. Pargo is starting to get his Arkansas game back by driving in the hole, and I see Rush getting his shooting touch back from every shot he takes. These guys are quick on their steps and Phil Jackson needs to take notice of this. If you ask me, Phil is the guy that needs to step up!! He needs to start giving these guys playing time and give them more confidence. They have what it takes to help us, but Phil just isn't making the moves to get them in the game. 10 mins a game isn't going to get anything done w/ the rookies. They need at least 15+ mins a game just like any player in this league to warm up in every game. Phil needs to step up and give these guys their chance. I can also tell that Slava has a good shooting touch. Heck give that guy a chance!! Experience is what counts in order to make a mark in this league called the NBA. I mean dam, the rookies "helped" bring the game down to a 9 pt deficit, then here's Phil replacing them w/ Fisher and Shaw again, 2 players that didn't do anything for us in Game 2. P-Jax needs to take notice of these things and start coach, and stop falling asleep on the sideline, as he did in the game last night! Come up w/ some adjustments like we all hope, and get it done!! So to finish this off....
THE ROOKIES STEPPED UP, BUT NOT PHIL JACKSON!!!!!!!
Pls prove me wrong in the next upcoming games....

Great post!!! I couldn't have said it better mahself!! Dayam I was so proud of the rooks when they were doin their thang! But why did Phil take them out and but Fish and Shaw back in so fast!!! Sure they coulda added but they didn't, and that's why we're writtin about it here today... But dayam, hopefully some adjustments will be made in game 3... WE NEED THIS WIN!!!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu May 08, 2003 5:23 pm

YEAH WE WIN GAME 3 THE CONFIDENCE GROOVE I SBACK TO US
CUZ IN THE PAST 3 YEARS, EVERY TIME WE DOWN 2-1 WE WIN THE SERIES !
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 09, 2003 1:48 am

Thanks Lakersgyrl2003!! I just get so frustrated when everyone but Phil Jackson sees potential in these rookies, but doesn't give them a chance. They brought the deficit down to 9pts in the 2nd quarter of game2, but w/ that substitution back to Fisher and Shaw, we lost that defensive intensity and quickness to the ball, and ended up going down 20+!!! Is it just me, or are the rookies doing a better job these past few games?
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 2:44 am

Lakers4Ever wrote:Thanks Lakersgyrl2003!! I just get so frustrated when everyone but Phil Jackson sees potential in these rookies, but doesn't give them a chance. They brought the deficit down to 9pts in the 2nd quarter of game2, but w/ that substitution back to Fisher and Shaw, we lost that defensive intensity and quickness to the ball, and ended up going down 20+!!! Is it just me, or are the rookies doing a better job these past few games?

Yea.... even though they really didn't get a lot of minutes, I think they did great! Sure they had a few turnovers here and there, but along with that, they brought great O and stunning D... They are like the only ones who put the full court press on, and even in garbage time in the 4th, the Spurs turned to ball over due to their pressure.. Hey if the wolves made us work to get the ball upcourt then why can't we make them work all 48 mins too!!!

They gotta lotta potential, and I love the fact that they're rookies and they're only gonna get better and better, game by game. Sure Kareem may look a lil' scurred out there at times, and Jannero may turn the ball over, but with work comes practice. They gotta be the ones to step it up!! 4real!!

D-Fish and Shaw are doin their thang, but they need to continue to hold it down til Jannero and Kareem come in!!! Come on LAKERS!!! DO THA DAYAM THANG!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 09, 2003 9:26 am

A few turnovers? Pargo and Rush only combined to have 2 the whole game!!!! Kobe had 5, Fisher had 4+ and Shaw the same. But they need to play the rooks. I believe in them!!
Lakers4Ever

Return to Lakers Discussion