Roster for next season (realistic as it gets)

Roster for next season (realistic as it gets)

Postby Laker brain on Sat May 24, 2003 11:19 pm

We all know Phil wants veterans so next year will look like this.

PG Jason Terry (phil was very interested in him)
PG Derek Fisher
PG Jannero Pargo
SG Kobe Bryant
SG Kareem Rush
SF Devean George
SF Draft pick
SF Rick Fox
PF Karl Malone or Juwan Howard (I think Karl would like to play here because he knows he'd be starting PF, in Sacremento he'd come off the bench (Webber) and Dallas (Nowitski) Spurs (Duncan). He would score more w/ lakers, and has a chance at a championship. Howard chokes in pressure situations, and he won't be as effective like he was in denver.
PF Slava Medvedenko
PF Mark Madsen/Robert Horry
C Shaquille Oneal
C Draft Pick

This is as real as it gets, hopefully we can trade to upgrade!!!
Laker brain

Postby Krazytym on Mon May 26, 2003 1:23 am

:jam2:

Sounds good to me...I think Jason Terry would get along wtih Kobe pretty well for a while, but i really think we need to try and get some young talent to put wit Kobe cuz he's the future, Shaq is 31 and only has like 2-4 years left in him if he doesn't get to under 300lbs
Krazytym

Postby GoldenEye on Mon May 26, 2003 2:40 am

How do we get Jason ? Now way to split the MLE with Malone or Howard and Jason :man7:
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby #1 Laker Fan on Mon May 26, 2003 3:45 pm

This is how I think the New Dynasty will look next season.

PG: Gilbert Arenas*, Derek Fisher, Jannero Pargo
SG: Kobe Bryant, (1st round draft pick)
SF: Devan George, Rick Fox
PF: Jujuan Howard, Mark Madsen, Samaki Walker
C: Shaquille O'neal (2nd round draft pick)

* It will either be Gilbert Arenas or Gary Payton

The Lakers will :shootc: the competition away with another 3 peat.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: [/img]
#1 Laker Fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon May 26, 2003 3:49 pm

looks good if your dreaming......

THERE IS NO-WAY the LAKERS can get PAYTON/ARENAS and HOWARD.
THERE IS SIMPLY not enough of money to go around even if tight-wad BUSS opens up his dusty checkbook!!!

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1 Laker Fan on Mon May 26, 2003 3:50 pm

my bad, i forgot to finish the last reply. I think the Lakers should try to trade Kareem Rush and there 1st round draft pick 4 a better 1st round draft pick that way some one like nick collison or Dewayne Wade can still be good bench talent. The Lakers could also use a good legit backup center. not a backoup PF but a backup C.

Lakers are # 1 :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
#1 Laker Fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 26, 2003 8:14 pm

I think we use Kobe and Shaq late in games (if I am not mistaken) so Juwan would not have any pressure on him to score in the waning moments.
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 2:25 am

so if we pick up HOWARD you know where he is going to be when time is wanning in the 4th quarter?..... sitting on the LAKERS BENCH along side NICK (if he gets drafted) and RUSH. HORRY would be playing in his place because HOWARD does not play defense. PHIL will probably cut down his playing time and will look back in better days when he had WALKER playing Defense......... not!!!!! HOWARD will have a better scoring output that WALKER but I think WALKER probably plays better DEFENSE. IF DUNCAN/Garnett can toy with WALKER... then they can positively DESTROY Howard.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 27, 2003 3:31 pm

Look at it this way...EVEN IF WE GOT BEN FREAKIN' WALLACE AS OUR PF, THE OTHER PFS IN THE WC ARE STILL GOING TO GET THEIR 20-30 POINTS JUST NOT AS EFFICIENTLY. We have a choice, we can go for an all defensive PF that will give us about 8-10 points (like Ben or PJ) or we can asume that stopping Duncan, Wallace, Stoudamire, Garnett and Nowitzki will be too tough for any defender and opt to try to have our own offensive PF (like Juwan or Karl) try to make the point battle as even as possible...I like the latter choice because if we have slava coming off the bench and Karl or juwan starting, we have a good 20-30 points every night from our PF position, so we don't have to worry about trying to stop those superstars, we only need to get similar numbers from our Power Forwards and let the Shaq and Kobe advantage once again be the dividing factor...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 29, 2003 8:33 pm

Fight fire with Fire eh? I still stand behind my word though, Stromile Swift is just what this team needs.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Don't necessarily need a defensive PF

Postby dmaul on Thu May 29, 2003 10:42 pm

We're always harping about the Lakers' glaring weakness at PF. What about the other 28 teams' glaring weakness at center when it comes to guarding Shaq?!!!

Point is, most teams have a weakness at some position. Most teams don't have the deep wallet to stock up on good players at every position. So if you're lucky or smart, you compensate for your weakness by making up for it at the other positions. The Lakers can do just that and be contenders yet again.

I wouldn't sweat not being able to land a good PF if we could somehow land Gary Payton. No PF out there is good enough defensively to stop the Garnetts, Duncans, Webbers, and Wallaces of the world and still put up good offensive numbers. If you're going to get a PF, I say go after one that can score, not one who plays defense. I think the Lakers weakness wasn't interior defense anyway. It was perimeter defense and defending the pick and roll up top.

Frankly, I'm not very impressed enough with the available PFs that are free agents this summer to give them the entire MLE. But I am impressed enough with Payton to give him the MLE, plus more.
dmaul

Postby BDG on Thu May 29, 2003 11:25 pm

i agreed with you totally up until your last two words. plus more. Unless you were using it to prove your support of us getting him from FA, I don't think the Lakers would be helping their cap troubles if we gave him more than what our exception permits. I think we need to start freeing up cap room (A.K.A. cut down Shaq's contract a LITTLE bit). So I would rather settle for more cap room than less would you?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby whats golden on Thu May 29, 2003 11:52 pm

Jermaine O'Neal impressed me this year, a front court with him and Shaq wouldn't be half bad.

What about this:

Trade Rush/Horry/Madsen to Atlanta for Terry/Ratliff
Sign O'Neal for the MLE, see if he wants the ring or a fat contract.

That would give us this line up:

PG Terry/Fisher/Pargo
SG Kobe/Terry/Draft Pick
SF George/Fox/Draft Pick
PF O'Neal/Ratliff/Slava
C Shaq/Ratliff/Slava

Look to sign other vets as role players

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby BDG on Fri May 30, 2003 12:56 am

i disagree a bit with you there whatsgolden. first off, there's no way a star like Jermaine O'Neal (who is still growing as a player) will take the MLE. Second of all, that trade with Rush/Horry/Madsen for Terry/Ratliff probably won't work. Not to hate on my team, but that trade is the same as this: Scared Player/Old Player/Laughingstock of the NBA for Young Sharpshooter/Dominant Post & Blocking Presence. But with all that said, you're right we definitely need to reload with veterans, but they should be young players as well. I'm really looking forward to our offseason moves.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby whats golden on Fri May 30, 2003 1:05 am

i guess you are right, but there was the possibility of that trade, so hopefullly we can revisit it. Remember that Theo has also been injured a fair bit so we would be taking a risk with him, but a risk I think that is well worth it.

I have a question, if we sign Jermaine O'Neal at the MLE is there any way that we can offer him an extension at the end of the next season?

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

bull shhhhhhhh

Postby guest man on Fri May 30, 2003 1:12 am

get gp, and everything will fall into place.... :man1:
guest man

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:48 am

#1 Laker Fan wrote:This is how I think the New Dynasty will look next season.

PG: Gilbert Arenas*, Derek Fisher, Jannero Pargo
SG: Kobe Bryant, (1st round draft pick)
SF: Devan George, Rick Fox
PF: Jujuan Howard, Mark Madsen, Samaki Walker
C: Shaquille O'neal (2nd round draft pick)

* It will either be Gilbert Arenas or Gary Payton

The Lakers will :shootc: the competition away with another 3 peat.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: [/img]

YEAH!!!!!!!
THE DYNASTY HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!!!
:bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

off season

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:51 pm

We all know that the Lakers need to make some adjustments this off season, and we all know that we need some help with the PF and PG positions. The big question is which are we going to offer more money to try and get a better one. We could sign Payton or Arenas but where does that leave us regarding a PF, or we could sign Brown or Malone but where would that leave us with getting a PG. Most likely that player would want the full MLE unless we can somehow convince him to split it, which could be done depending on how bad they want a ring. If they want a ring enough they will accept the small amout of money compared to what they have been getting, (even though they dont need the money because they have plenty of it by now) they will come to LA and get them a ring. If a split was possible I would go after Malone and Payton, even though we would be in the same situation that we are in now in a couple of years, I think it would be well worth it. If we can only get one of them I say go after Payton and get a good PF in the draft(whether it is our pick or a better pick that we trade for) or try and offer a trade involving some of our players that we do not need. Payton has expressed that he wants to come to LA and we want him so I think he will definately be in purle and gold next season. And if we make a trade I say trade Madsen, Walker, Murray, Rush, to get whatever we can out of them; whether it is a PF or whatever. They just have done very little to help us. Madsen is mainly only good for being a cheerleader and for his championship dance. Walker was rarely used because Phil did not like to play him and he never understood the offense completely. Murray did decently in the pre-season, but hardly ever played during the season and was on the IR list alot. And Rush proved to be a big disappointment in the season and playoffs, he looked lost and confused out there. If possible we also need to try and get someone to back up Shaq. Any ideas on who we could get to help us in these places or who we could draft that could offer us some immediate help. Tell me what you think.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:05 pm

REDDY nice roster but I definitely think SAMAKI WALKER won't be a LAKER in the upcoming season. The Lakers would be a fool to pay him what he is making after a very disappointing season. That extra cash would be better serve to get a legit PF. Juwan/PJ brown comes to mind but that does not answer our PG position. I hope ARENAS comes home to L.A. and our woes at the position would be solved for the next 10 years. Lets hope that MITCH gets a little lucky with his pick this year in the DRAFT.

#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:41 pm

Knowing Mitch, we have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a quality player. Ofcourse I shall retract my statement A.S.A.P. if he can prove me wrong.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby pltan on Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:16 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:REDDY nice roster but I definitely think SAMAKI WALKER won't be a LAKER in the upcoming season. The Lakers would be a fool to pay him what he is making after a very disappointing season. That extra cash would be better serve to get a legit PF. Juwan/PJ brown comes to mind but that does not answer our PG position. I hope ARENAS comes home to L.A. and our woes at the position would be solved for the next 10 years. Lets hope that MITCH gets a little lucky with his pick this year in the DRAFT.

It wasn't Reddy who proposed that roster.

But I agree that Walker has no place on the team, and is definitely out of the Purple and Gold.
pltan

Return to Lakers Discussion