Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby THE_DAGGER on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Now that we got Dwight, don't be surprised if Gilbert Arenas at least gets a training camp invite, whether you think he deserves it or not.

Then he was saying all the other teams that he decided he was going to go to, and will I come there? I said, 'Of course. If you want me to play, I'll come with you.'

"What do you do when somebody dominant like him wants to play with you? He still believes in me."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/20/gilbert.arenas.qa2/index.html
THE_DAGGER

Location: Pittsburg, CA (yes, without the "h" and yes, in CA)

Postby Aonex on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Am I missing anyone?

Nash / Blake / Duhon
Bryant / Meeks / Goudelock / Johnson-Odom
World Peace / Ebanks
Gasol / Jamison / Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 pm

im happy if Ebanks is the backup SF...especially now that we have Meeks.

Who else do we need? I think each position is pretty good. I can live with Blake bc we have Meeks & Jaminson now
Ariza3

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Aonex wrote:Am I missing anyone?

Nash / Blake / Duhon
Bryant / Meeks / Goudelock / Johnson-Odom
World Peace / Ebanks
Gasol / Jamison / Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre

I'm hoping we can send DJO to the D-League, and Clark decides to not resign.

Pick up Martin and another solid PG. :man1:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Honestly if a vet. (Barbosa/Martin/TWill/Delfino...etc.) say Hey I will come play for the minimum, sign me up, do you think Mitch is going to turn them down?

I don't think so and I hope that situation happens.

Glock/DJO/Sacre can either be waived or not signed, if this situation happens.

Either way this offseason has been unreal.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Helljumper on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Just went back and read some of CL's ideas from the beginning of this thread. Nobody even had a pipe dream as ambitious as what Mitch has actually been able to pull off :jam2:
Helljumper

Postby last stand on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Would love me some martell Webster as another sniper, though defensively you'd have to start worrying

Maybe pietrus is the right call. As long as its not barnes
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Honestly if a vet. (Barbosa/Martin/TWill/Delfino...etc.) say Hey I will come play for the minimum, sign me up, do you think Mitch is going to turn them down?

If I'm Barbosa or Martin I'm calling Mitch right now:
"Hey Mr. Kupchak. I've made a lot of money in this league but I don't have a ring. I don't care what my role is as long as I help the team. I see what you're doing over there. I want in."
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Duhon if he gets mins might be useful. he shot the 3 at 42% last season so maybe gets some mins over blake? decent passer too
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 am

I wonder if we could dump Clark/Ebanks to Milwaukee for Delfino(S&T) or Dunleavy or LRM

It gives the Bucks another wing player they are looking for and it gives us a nice backup SF and opens up a roster spot.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 am

Ariza3 wrote:Duhon if he gets mins might be useful. he shot the 3 at 42% last season so maybe gets some mins over blake? decent passer too

He's not a decent passer. Not at all. As bad as Blake is at times, Duhon is far, far worse.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:57 am

I think we'll go with 14 players, I wonder whos gonna get cut between DJO, Glock and Morris

1) Kobe
2) Howard
3) Nash
4) Gasol
5) MWP
6) Jamison
7) Meeks
8) Hill
9) Blake
10) Duhon
11) Sacre (with D-Howards issues we could use a big on this team)
12) Clark
13) Ebanks

14th spot will be between Morris, Glock and DJO

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Prob Glock just for his experience with the team and 3 point shot. but who knows its mike brown
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm

The Rock wrote:I think we'll go with 14 players, I wonder whos gonna get cut between DJO, Glock and Morris

1) Kobe
2) Howard
3) Nash
4) Gasol
5) MWP
6) Jamison
7) Meeks
8) Hill
9) Blake
10) Duhon
11) Sacre (with D-Howards issues we could use a big on this team)
12) Clark
13) Ebanks

14th spot will be between Morris, Glock and DJO

I'm pretty sure Morris is already on a guaranteed contract for this upcoming season.
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Mitch should have enough magic left in the wand to pull this off right...

Blake/Duhon/Clark for Calderon / Lucas trade? :man9:
Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 pm

We've already got by far the best 8 man rotation with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau, MWP, Jamison, Hill, and Meeks. I don't think we need to add anyone else.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:We've already got by far the best 8 man rotation with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau, MWP, Jamison, Hill, and Meeks. I don't think we need to add anyone else.

So if you were Mitch and you could do that trade, you would say no thanks, I'll hold onto Blake and Duhon, we have a good 8 man rotation, no need to get any better?
Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:We've already got by far the best 8 man rotation with Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Pau, MWP, Jamison, Hill, and Meeks. I don't think we need to add anyone else.

So if you were Mitch and you could do that trade, you would say no thanks, I'll hold onto Blake and Duhon, we have a good 8 man rotation, no need to get any better?

Of course I'd do that trade, but why would Toronto?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Center Court on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Honestly if a vet. (Barbosa/Martin/TWill/Delfino...etc.) say Hey I will come play for the minimum, sign me up, do you think Mitch is going to turn them down?

If I'm Barbosa or Martin I'm calling Mitch right now:
"Hey Mr. Kupchak. I've made a lot of money in this league but I don't have a ring. I don't care what my role is as long as I help the team. I see what you're doing over there. I want in."

Martin would get zero mins. Dwight/Pau/Hill all can/will play the 5, Pau/Hill/Jamison will all play the 4. I'm sure he'd want a ring, but he'd get no mins.

Barbosa would have been a better option IMO at the back up 2, but I don't think Mitch signed Meeks to go ahead and add Barbosa, who would either take Meeks time or wouldn't find any. Kobe/Nash/Meeks/Blake/Duhon/Morris/GL0CK/DJO is a very crowded backcourt. Not very deep with talent, but still crowded.

IMO we are done for this off season. I think Barnes (played with Nash/Dwight already) would be a great fit off the bench, but if Mitch and co want to go with the young Ebanks, I can understand that move.
Center Court

Postby thkthebest on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm

I don't really like Ebanks. I'd like to replace him with a more serviceable backup 3...but we can't have everything. :man10:
thkthebest

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 pm

thkthebest wrote:I don't really like Ebanks. I'd like to replace him with a more serviceable backup 3...but we can't have everything. :man10:

Sure we can, it's the "Mitch-Slap" offseason, we are pushing all our chips in the middle at any cost for a chance at a ring, who are you looking at acquiring? :man10:
Doc Brown

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Blatche as that last back up big. Will get heavy mins while Dwight is out, and on back to backs when Gasol or Jamison rest. Kobe, Ron, Nash, and Dwight will get this kid to his potential.

Blatche and Dwight and Hill dominating in 3 years when Kobe and Gasol are playing for 10 mill each and role playings.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Blatche as that last back up big. Will get heavy mins while Dwight is out, and on back to backs when Gasol or Jamison rest. Kobe, Ron, Nash, and Dwight will get this kid to his potential.

Blatche and Dwight and Hill dominating in 3 years when Kobe and Gasol are playing for 10 mill each and role playings.

Dwight may not miss any games at all, and who knows if Blatche will be fine with little to no minutes.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Blatche is a half step from being out of the league. He can play with Nash, Kobe and Gasol and look good when doing so. Practice against Dwight, Gasol, and Hill and get better everyday. He will get limited mins when the other four are healthy. But we all know that Gasol, Jamison, and even Hill will miss some games. There will be 20-25 games where the 5th big gets heavy (20 or more) mins because 1 or 2 of the others is dinged, tired, or suspended.

He can be sold on being the stretch 4 for dwight next year (after Jamison is gone) and in the future when Gasol is gone. He is cheaper than Martin because of vet min %
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm obviously extremely happy with the off season moves and our current team but entertain the idea:

After this coming season, CP3 will be a free agent. How insane would that be if we win the title this coming season, and somehow get CP3 to join the Lakers the following year. Imagine CP3 starting and Nash coming off the bench running the 2nd unit to perfection. CP3 would up the defense for the starters and set up Kobe,Pau, and Howard just as well as Nash. And then Nash would be able to set up Jaminson, Meeks, Ebanks, and Hill off the bench and prob be the 6MOY. It would be like our starting lineup is the Lakers and our bench unit is the Suns LOL.

Obviously not gunna happen, but it is crazy to think that it could happen...and winning the title this year could help CP3 decide. idk if Nash would come off the bench, and i obv wouldn't do that to him; im just thinking about the possibility of this happening bc it is actually possible if you think about our team, GM, and CP3 free agency. Our bench with Nash running it would be pretty tough to beat, let alone our starting lineup with the best PG in the league (no offense to the genius HOF that is Nash). CP3 will prob sign with the Clippers to a large contract but we have to think we could lose Dwight to the Clippers next year if CP3 recruits him and Dwight isn't happy with Kobe and the Lakers. I'm not thinking about who has how many years left on their contract, $, etc. but hypothetically, we keep the same roster but add CP3 to it, it could be even more impressive than now:

CP3/Nash
Kobe/Meeks
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/Jaminson
Howard/Hill

And if you're thinking about $...think about this. That would be a pretty expensive team but the Lakers will make prob around $150-$170 million this year if not more now that we have such an impressive starting lineup...and the way the new CBA has revenue sharing we might as well spend the money the Lakers make on ourselves as were gunna have to share it with the league anyways....selfish but its business.

IDK about CBA rules etc. so its obviously just a pipe dream, but it is a pretty cool thing to think about. CP3 and Howard carrying the Lakers once Kobe is gone.
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion